Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Old Roots

A L O R
SHOGUN
Briika Munin Briika Munin
qKprTT1.png

He felt bothered by these times, unable to enjoy the spoils of victory against the Sith Empire. He thought, foolishly, with the Sith Empire reduced to ashes that Mandalore would face a new age of Mandalorians reuniting to bring back glory to their culture. Delusional, but a man could only hope for that to happen. After rooting out Sithspawn and whatever presence of the Darkside there was in the Mandalorian System, everything continued as things were. The clans still remained apart from each other, not wanting to unite under a banner as the Resol'nare declared it. The Maws had their own sect of Mandalorians with a Sole Ruler to command them, seeking glory to bring fire and destruction onto the Galaxy. Traditions that Vilaz admired had they did not collude with the Sith and agents of the Darkside.

A lesson he learned long time ago.

The Sons of Mandalore were disorganized, but still operated. More nomadic as they fought alongside the New Imperials or walked their own path.

The Enclave was the polar opposite of the Mandalorians within the Unknown Regions. Bounded together, but had no interest in conquering the stars as their forefathers once did.

And where did Vilaz and Clan Munin stood? Almost none of the three sects interested him, having no similarities besides following the Resol'nare. He needed answers, feeling he was lost on a path with not a hint of light to guide him where he needed to walk towards to. Something to help him meditate and clear the fog that hazed him.

"No armor, I think it'll help."

Briika Munin

Shieldmaiden of Clan Munin (retired)

BAAR'UR
SHOGUN
Vilaz Munin Vilaz Munin

o75oq8n.jpg

This trek to the Holy Land of the Mandalorian culture was to be a spiritual reawakening for the Munins. The Manda only knew how both Vilaz and Briika needed to lay down their burdens before the ancient deities of their Mandalorian religion and find balance once again.

Time had been generous and full of joy for them over the many years they had been together, but also time had been merciless and full of great loss. Each had been blessed or cursed, some in the same ways, others different. It all had taken its toll one way or another. Hopefully, the Mando couple would find what they needed - Briika peace of mind and heart, Vilaz a path forward for him and his family.

After landing their ship near the same spot they had on their previous journey with the Te Veman all those years ago, the Doctor turned her golden head to look over at her husband sitting in the co-pilot's chair, pausing for a moment to take his demeanor in before responding.

This period of downtime for Clan Munin had been too long for the man of action. The Warlord had lost his perspective and purpose it seemed. Though the proud Concordian would never admit it out loud to his clansmen or even his long-time love in so many words, she knew it like only a loyal and devoted wife could. They were soulmates after all to the end. The two longed for the good 'ol days and ways of their people, but that was in the past it seemed. The present and future were what mattered now, and how the clan moved onward to secure their place and stronghold in the galaxy once again.

"Well my beloved, I am reminded of an old Mandalorian proverb, 'A warrior is more than his armor.' It is a good call as we go to lay bare our souls before the Gods," Bree smiled with an encouraging nod, then she swiveled the captain's chair to exit the seat and reached out to pat his knee before doing so.

"Come on, Old Man... We have some hiking to do. Best be getting on before we lose the daylight. To be honest, I am excited to see the crystalline dreamscapes again. Nothing comes close anywhere else in the galaxy."

Last edited:

A L O R
SHOGUN
qKprTT1.png
It helped a lot to have someone like her, it made everything tolerable than it already was. Grateful to have a loyal, compassionate wife as her; even with his mistakes and questionable decisions, she still remained by his side. Unwavering loyalty until the end as they decreed to each other through their vows.

“Heh, your knees are as bad as mine,” he said with a smirk, going along with the banter that has always existed between them since. Unironically, they did have sore knees which ached from time to time. War was a foundation of their culture, and the profession of war always spat out the survivors in harsh conditions. Somehow it always made a Mandalorian stronger when returning from war.

Always kill a Mandalorian, for they would return with a vengeance and tenfold stronger.

“We’ll probably be here for more than one day, Bree. We need guidance, before we leave,” turning around, standing up to follow his wife outside of the cockpit. They would take only what was necessary. Their beskads and supplies with little gear at their disposal. They had not explored much of the planet, and there could be danger lurking around. Just because this was spiritual did not mean they didn’t have to strip themselves from defending themselves.

Coming out on loading bay, the couple were exposed to the surreal landscape of Shogun. Crystals forming unique shapes and patterns, often presenting images or symbols to those that came here. He felt at peace, almost like an aura cleansing him from his troubles.

“That felt good,” exhaling after taking a great breath of air. “Well, I think that’s enough for sightseeing. No time to lose, Bree.”

Briika Munin

Shieldmaiden of Clan Munin (retired)

BAAR'UR
SHOGUN

Vilaz Munin Vilaz Munin

o75oq8n.jpg

He was right. Her knees had taken a beating over the years, especially the right one from a particularly hard landing forced on her during the Mandalorian Civil War. She hardly had any cartilage left for shook absorbers and arthritis had set in, but the Tor Munin would never complain. Other than a concussion suffered at the Red Coronation from a wrist rocket explosion going arie in the throne room, and some minor wounds in other skirmishes, Briika had done well for a Mandalorian warrior of forty-something years closing in on fifty.

Gods... Have I been taking breaths that long? Seems just yesterday I left my family for Keldabe to serve with Stri'buir and his Supercommandos, Bree mused to herself as she grabbed her backpack that would have their food and medical gear in it. Vilaz had the other supplies in his.

"Well, at least I'm not collecting prosthetics as a hobby... " Briika retorted with a knowing grin while sheathing her beskad. She adjusted the tie around her thigh where the holstered slugthrower was secured before following the Concordian down the boarding ramp, closing it behind her, and alarming the ship.

"I'm sure you will find clarity here, cyar'ika. I have faith in you and that the gods will be listening to your prayers and rewarding your offerings" the blonde expressed with sincerity of their years of devoted love for each other.

"You're right, Vilaz. Time is of the essence... You can take point and I'll watch your six."

Last edited:

A L O R
SHOGUN
qKprTT1.png
Where to now? A vague question to answer. They were here now, but there was no direction for them to follow. Hike the mountains to the highest peak? Delve deep within the caverns?

Where would they find clarity within their souls?

High mountains, or low valleys they would find it. As always, he took the front while his wife followed from behind. It was how they always worked in the field, whether in a hunt or in battle.

“If anything, you and our children have been my greatest reward,” speaking up to his wife. Victory in battle was rewarding, but nothing compared to the pride of his family. He was their rock, and they were his. Hard work to raise a family, but it was well worth it. A man truly wasn’t a man without his family.

While the planet was rich in crystals and other similar minerals, there were other elements of terrain on Shogun. Life always managed to find a way to make then uninhabitable habitable. Trees and uneven ground could be seen as they hiked up on the mountains they landed close to.

”What do you hope to find, Bree? You’ve had better days than me,” though he hoped he wasn’t giving her any doubts or worries, even as they were living peacefully these days. There were traumas and scars that could not be buried, unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom