Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old is not necessarily best

Yuroic had gone through a vicious bout of flu. His road to recovery had been swift and he was looking fitter and stronger both mentality as well as physically. Coming in from his morning routine, Yuroic that stretched and showered himself. He had took a deep breath, hanging his head as he felt the hot water cleansing his body. His mind was cleared as he thought on his tasks for the day.

Yuroic wanted to meet with the recently promoted Grand Master, Master Jyoti, Yuroic wanted to take a larger role in the Order but he wasn't sure where to go. Without the guidance of his old Master, Yuroic had few people he could turn to for advice. Everyone also seemed to give Yuroic a cold shoulder, he could not figure why so that was another point he wanted to bring up.

Dressing himself in green robes, dark leather and his dark green cloak. His sabers were strapped to his belts as he scratched the top of his head as he takes a deep breath to combat the nerves he felt. This was an important meeting that Yuroic wanted to get right.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

In a surprise, Yuroic had contacted Jyoti desiring a meetup. It was a surprise because she always had the vibe that he didn't like her much, especially after their last explosive exchange over his conduct with Draven. On her end, she hadn't exactly been all that welcoming, but she had her reasons for keeping her distance until now, always paranoid that he may find out the truth about her.

Sitting alone at her desk with some tea, she mulled over what he may actually want from her while she herself thought about what more she wanted to say. This may have been her first real opportunity to get to him, finally.

As part of her open door policy continued on from her predecessors, the double sliding doors of her office remained open. It was an airy chamber only sparsely decorated with only a few pieces of furniture and some potted plants by the windows. A stark contrast from her old office densely packed with vegetation from wall to wall. She kept this office in the style of Valae as a way to remember her friend when she was gone for good.

Whenever Yuroic was ready, he only had to step through the entrance to start.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Approaching the Grand Master's office, Yuroic felt his body shaking, nerves were hitting him hard. Master Jyoti was not described an intimidating figure nor was she someone to underestimate. Yuroic had found it difficult to know how to impress the Master, he didn't want to appear cocky but he needed to show that he was talented and confident in his abilities. Then, he also needed to find out why everyone was glaring at him and whispering about him, especially why one woman, later learned to be Allyson Locke kept glaring at him angrily. He was sure how he offended her when he never even knew her.

Pausing outside the office, Yuroic paced a bit. He tried solely focusing on what he wanted to say. How he wanted to say it and the best way to deliver it. Once he realised he was a few minutes late for the appointment, all the attempts to keep calm flew out the door as he rushed into the office. "SorryIamlateIwasbusyoutsideandIneededtocalmdown!" Yuroic blurted out rapidly as he paced around the office, his hand a nervous twitch. Realising he spoke to quickly, Yuroic took a deep breath and looked at Master Jyoti. "Ahem. Sorry, I'm late because I got super nervous as you can tell. I didn't mean to be late but I was trying to calm my nerves." Yuroic explained as he took a seat and followed with deep breaths.

"I'm here today because I have been ill with some kind of flu, however, I am better now and as physically as strong as ever. I want to do more and be a larger part of the Order." Yuroic paused so that she could take that in before continuing, "I know that I haven't had a Padawan yet but I am open to training one and I want to know how I can get on the right track to being a Master. I wish to own my deceased Master, Master Belosi, by being the best Jedi I can be." Yuroic knew that he was far from ready for the responabilities of being a Master Jedi but he also was one of the more experienced Jedi Knights.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

She felt the familiar aura of Yuroic long before he stepped through the door, but something felt different from before. She couldn't put her finger on it, but it felt like he had changed again.

Things only got weirder as he practically flew into her office, exclaiming apologies as he paced back and forth through the spacious office. Finally, he sat, offering another apology while trying to catch his breath. Normally a model of composure, the Echani couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at the bizarre display before her. She had expected the meeting to go a lot of ways, but not like this.

Then it hit her.

He was acting like his old self.

That same goofy boy who had walked through the doors of Voss Temple years ago. At least, in disposition. The next words that came from him were totally odd to her. No Padawan? Master Belosi? What was going on?

She leaned forward, clasping her hands together. "It's no trouble...I've been expecting you. I'm glad to see you want to be more involved with the SJO, but I just have a question. Who is Master Belosi?"

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Master Jyoti assured him that his lateness was not an issue. He realised that she must have sense his presence outside of the room, knowing he was nervous. However, it was more concerning to Yuroic that the woman did not know of his deceased Master. He was never a significant member, not a former Grand Master, Master of the Order nor part of the council but he was a great mentor and really helped Yuroic through the difficult times he faced. Yuroic looked surprised at Jyoti and shook his head. "Master Belosi was my mentor, he trained me as a Padawan. I never realised you didn't meet him, he was a background person, not one for the spotlight but he was a strong Force User. I owe him so much, he offer me guidance and helped me when I lost my arm."

Yuroic scratched the back of his neck, the next thing he wanted to sag was more awkward. "I want to be more involved but trying to do that on my own is difficult. I have been noticing a lot of people glaring at me and snide comments aimed at me. Something about spice, but I have never touched spice since joining the Order. My slaver forced me to take it as a child and I hated the substance. Swore never to touch it again. I don't understand their hateful looks, as if I hurt them, especially Allyson Locke, I don't even know her." Yuroic felt more awkward now as if he was snitching on peers but he wondered if there was a way to get along. He never wanted rivals or enemies, Yuroic was easygoing and wanted to be everyone's friend if he could.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Things just got stranger as Yuroic answered her question. He claimed this Belosi had trained him when that hadn't been the case at all.

Arisa - she - had been his one and only master.

He went on, stating his confusion over his treatment by other members of the Silver Order. He spoke of people he should have known as if they were just strangers to him, especially Allyson, who she had personally tasked to reach to Yuroic over his spice addiction.

What the feth was going on?

Jyoti was frowning now, not even trying to hide her displeasure at his words. "Yuroic if you only came here to insult the memory of Master Yune with bad jokes, then you're off to a sterling job. Are you still on spice? You have been tripping since the moment you entered my office."

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Flabbergasted, he stared at Master Nooran. She had believed the rumours about him was something he never thought was true. "Master Nooran, I would never insult the name of the deceased former Grand Master, from what I heard she was a great person. I do not know much about her though, never truly met her. I also am horrified that you think I would take spice! I swear to you that I have never taken spice since joining the Silver Jedi Order." Yuroic was firm as he stood and stared at his accusor. Yuroic shook his head, his frustration was increasing and he could not allow that. Inhaling, Yuroic took a deep breath as he calmed his emotions before sitting down again.

"If you refuse to believe my words then you may search my mind and see that I am not deceiving you Master Nooran." Yuroic opened his mind, normally having it locked tight so that no one could penetrate his mind. Staring straight at Master Jyoti, he prepared himself for her probing as he focused on his memories and the teaching of his Master. However, he could not help but feel concern.

Why would someone as smart as a Grand Master believe the vicious rumours about him? It had to be down to not knowing him very well, but he had hoped for some modicom of trust in him to know better.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Now the situation was just disturbing, as she finally gathered that Yuroic wasn't just trying to troll her.

He meant every word.

Jyoti still frowned, but now for a different reason. It appeared that he or someone else had been poking around in his mind. She could recall months ago when Allyson had asked to wipe her memories, but she had refused, showing her better ways to cope with her problems.

If his memories had been altered, then it would be best to go along with it right now, while she figured out what had happened.

"There's no need," she replied, raising a hand. "I believe you. Though, I do have another question. Have you been in contact with Jairdain Ismet recently?"

Off the top of her head, Jairdain was one person she could think of close to Yuroic and capable of employing advanced mentalism for dubious purposes. Many problems seem to originate with that woman.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Jyoti changed her attitude to him, he felt a relief as the anxiety of her accusations lifted off his chest. Yuroic almost missed her question as he had been busy with trying to not vomit from the wave of anxiety that attempted to drown him. Jyoti was curious if he had met Jairdain recently. It was an abrupt change of topic to the matter that Yuroic had brought up. He had been with many people of Commenor as he offered support and guidance best he could. Many of those he met thanked him for taking part in the battle against the Sith Empire.

"I have seen Jairdain, I have been supporting the refugees that we've had recently coming in. I thought it was best for me as I can communicate in numerous languages." Yuroic stated as he inhaled deeply, feeling his anxiety fade as he tried to show more confidence. "However, I wanted to talk about stepping up as a Jedi, Master Nooran." Yuroic attempted to bring back the topic of him having a large role within the Silver Jedi Order. He looked over at Jyoti as he wringed his hands slowly.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Yuroic kept pestering about his desires, but Jyoti was almost distracted thinking about her current predicament with him. She came close to just calling off the meeting altogether so she could snatch up Jairdain for questioning, but she knew he would not stop until she gave him something.

One thing at a time.

"Yuroic," she started, refocusing on him and breaking out into a soft smile. "It seems like you're doing quite enough already with the refugees, but if you want more, then I suppose you could help me with some upcoming diplomatic missions. In Hutt Space, the Cartels are attempting to rebuild in their old stomping grounds. However, there is a counter movement to this, a pan-species movement comprised of client races of the Hutts. They call themselves the Diversity League."

"They're hosting a conference on Toydaria next month. I'll be attending as a show of support. Are you with me?"

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Master Nooran seemed unfocused on the meeting. He hoped that he hadn't landed Jairdain in trouble, but why would them meeting lead to trouble? It was odd but Jyoti seemed to refocus on their current meeting which pleased Yuroic greatly. Yuroic leaned forward when she offered him a mission. It was with the Hutts which wasn't amazing, he had to admit but he was slightly intrigued by the fact that the Cartels were falling apart. Toydaria was not far from Nar Hutta and his home, Nar Shaddaa. "Does this mean we plan to assist Nar Shaddaa? It has been falling to gang control with refugees unable to find work bar with several syndicates."

Yuroic still had contacts on the smuggler's moon who kept him updated. "I will gladly help you, I must stress that these Hutts will still try to demand we do them a favour on the side. Hutts are always greedy and want to gain more while appearing more powerful. It might be worthwhile looking into a mission or job they could want us to complete. Having the most powerful Jedi Order 'working' for them," Yuroic stressed the working for them to signal they wouldn't be. "Could sway more Hutts. The large thd group we wish to work with the better. And be ready for Sith, Mandos and all manner of Dark Siders ready to jump on the opposing side. This will be a huge decision in the Cartel, it won't be a secret."

Yuroic had dealt with Hutts far too often in his past smuggler life to enjoy the overgrown slugs' companies. "My huttese is perfect, we won't need a protocol droid, but get ready for degrading comments." Hutts were renowned for slavegirls and dancers, objectifying other races was their worst skill.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Yuroic seemed to perk up at the thought of working with her in Hutt Space as a native of Nar Shaddaa, which she had expected. For now, she had him occupied.

She shook her head at the mention of Nar Shaddaa. "It's certainly on the table, but first we need to build up our own support within Hutt Space before approaching the Hutts. To be clear, we're not working through them and propping up their old system of control through inequality. They either get with the program or face becoming completely irrelevant in galactic matters. In short, we present ourselves as their only life-line."

He suggested that they may have to deal with the Hutts practicing their more revolting behaviors, but the Echani wouldn't be having any of it. To entertain such repulsive acts would be to legitimize it. For the sake of all the races in the Outer Rim, the Hutts would be force deal with Jyoti on her terms.

"I'll forward you the details of the conference and the Diversity League later today. Now, do you have anything else for me?"

At that moment, she still held out on a slim hope that Yuroic would just drop the act and tell her it was some sick joke against her. In either case, she just wanted this meeting to end so she could get a hold of Jairdain.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic paused as he made a mental note to review the information provided by Jyoti aftereards. The Grand Master seemed ready to end the meeting, it seemed there was an edge of impatience to her voice. It seemed unusual, however, Yuroic guessed that the woman had plenty on her plate. Being the Grand Master of the Silver Jedi Order must be a tasking job, especially since she did nkt yet have a Master of the Order, though rumours were that Josh DragonsFlame was positioned to take that role. Yuroic had little opinion formed on the man, he had a young boy while also going off and liasoning with female Sith if rumours were true.

Romantic relationships were not Yuroic's strongest area. He couldn't feel comfortable around women since joining the Order, he was often mocked and forced into such relationships by his former slaver. Yuroic smiled to Jyoti, shaking his head, there was nothing urgent he could think needed to be discussed. "I look forward to assisting you with the negotiations Master Nooran." Yuroic stated in a polite voice before he stood and gave a short bow to her. Moving out of the room, he gave a sigh of relief, the nerves of meeting Master Nooran with the silent hiss of the door closing behind him.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom