Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh I didn't see you there

Bastion

The primeval fortress capital world of Bastion was a testament to the sheer willpower and capabilities mortals were able to achieve. From humble beginnings as simple single celled organisms to creatures of billions of shapes and sizes who eventually took to the stars to terraform entire worlds to colonize and build empires. Such a marvelous thing mortals were able to achieve in their short life spans.

The imperial palace on bastion was one of these feats, a massive structure that was home to thousands of troops, personnel, and royalty. But most of all, it was home to a person of power. Someone that could help further the goals of a certain demon with big plans in the works. [member="Anja Aj'Rou"] Host Lord of the primeval was a woman who was capable of many mystic arts and witchcraft, a person who could elevate the little demon's power.

Inside the meditation room of the imperial palace the grand room sat pristine and perfect with one host lord settled in the middle. Candle lights flickered in the darkness of the room and soon they began to wane and dim until they burned down to tiny pin points of light muffled compared to what they emitted a few seconds ago. And soon a rich sophisticated British Oxford voice came over the darkness to the woman.

"Good evening Host Lord Aj'Rou, my my what have we here? Such a spectacle to behold, it's rare you find mortals simply sitting and waiting. You all live such short existences in your quests for self preservation that you rarely see that quality anymore." The rich voice finished it's little ramble then went on.

"But alas I am not here to identify the qualities of your personal life. I seek an audience." The disembodied voice said calmly and still maintaining that level of sophistication.

The witch's meditation was interrupted by a polish voice that resounded in sharp portrayal. A mystery being at the source; who?

Exhaling, "An audience by request?", she spoke softly without wincing an eye -- in fact they were closed as before, she maintained her meditative position but it was clear by her own reaction that she was no longer truly meditating. It was more of a mellow state of relaxation, one she clearly did not mind being bothered in. Or at least it wasn't bothersome enough for her to make herself noticed. A short answer was an appropriate one. By then only a few seconds had passed and she wasn't done speaking.

Her hand rolled on its joint, the wrist relaxing on her thigh. "Speak yourself and I shall reply just as so.", and with that she left her lightly touched lips in rest.

[member="Furfur"]

The voice let out a few rich chuckled that rolled off it's figurative tongue slowly and if the disembodied voice had a face it would most certainly be smiling. A small gust of supernatural wind swayed open the wooden shutters on a window. The voice finished up it's small little round of chuckles and spoke.

"There's that mortals I know and love, always so quick to get to the point. Though I do suppose time is fleeting for one like yourself." The voice said in it's calm tone uplifting tone.

"But I assume by your permission to allow me to communicate with you, you have accepted our little audience. Let us move on, the point as humans say." The voice grew a bit closer and soon it resonated clearly and sharply that a few of the candles flickered with each syllable.

"You are a woman of power, I am a creature of wisdom and power, and as they say knowledge is power. I lack certain abilities to raise my personal standing in the galaxy and I require select people to facilitate these needs. And however in return I of course am able to..." The voice trailed off for a moment picking it's words carefully.

"Compensate, for services rendered. Tell me Host Lord Aj'Rou. Do you believe that knowledge is power?" The voice asked softly to her.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Power. Now there's something to talk about. The greatest debate in the galaxy was what power was and how it could be quantified. Knowledge, armies, wealth, the force. All of these things have been considered the source of ultimate power since the moment any species could grasp its concept. Of course it was a debate... Everytime someone sought power it was never truly enough, not even for those who'd consider themselves immortal or indomitable. Why was there no satisfaction? No humility.

Still with her eyes closed, an unmoved posture. "I believe whatever is necessary.", her response was short and lacking detail. As vague as it was said it did still reveal one clear fact: Whatever reason this being came to her, she was only interested in what it wanted, not what she wanted. Then again to what she wanted from him she did not know for she knew not of his offers or whether or not they'd be true to word. Belief is something easily made and hard to come by. A child could believe many things for a year then forget they've ever done so the next, an adult on the other hand gave up on belief all together... Save for a few mundane ones.

The Host Lord? She believed in many things, some more unsettling than others.

[member="Furfur"]

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Again a round of sophisticated chuckled echoed out from the voice's non existent throat. The smoke demon could smell fear, could taste emotions and feel things through the force like no other living being. But he felt no fear from this woman, he felt only a calm state of being from her. That was respectable, normally people would of tried to attack the demon by now. Then normally they'd be nothing but paint on the walls, but not this woman. She was collected despite possibly being in danger, a rare trait for mortals. The laughs finished up again and soon there was a small plopping sound a few feet from Anja as something around twenty pounds hit the ground.

"Oh I like you. Patient, calm, fearless..." The voice said as a skittering sound of nails on wood echoed out a few feet away.

"I can see he who burns was right in referring you to me, you are perfect." The skittering soon turned to scrapes that circled the woman like a shark that smelt blood.

"You tell me you believe in what is necessary. Tell me in your mortal eyes, what do you deem necessary? Your empire? The people who will forget your grave in a decade? I am ancient child, I have been here since the fall of the Rakata, since the rise of Revan and a million other mortals. And I come offering this to you." The voice said as the scraping grew louder and the wood from the floor could be heard being dug into.

How odd, did this being feed off of the ambition of others?

"You think I have temptations?", she asked. Of course everyone had temptations, the real reason for asking was to see what he thought they were. What did this being believe that Anja wanted? What did she want for herself, that as the question. Perhaps even she herself doesn't truly know all that she wants... Some have begun to refer to The Primeval as an Empire of Empires for how many warlords rule under their name. Holding the former palace of a great empire is not one to ignore.

This being before her, he was a curious sort and that was at least something Anja approved of.

[member="Furfur"]

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

The voice let out another round of sophisticated chuckles in rolling hues of laughter at the woman's response. Oh she wanted to play games? Furfur loved games, they were so much fun to the ageless being of darkness. The voice shifted back in front of her and soon hovering in the air five feet above her a pair of glowing yellow eyes and dirty white teeth opened up into a fierce grin that shown to her.

Cheshire_Cat_by_Cosmi2.jpg

"All mortals have temptations my dear, it is a sub sequential part of your reality. Your kind desires things. Food, water, sex, shelter, power..." He said letting his words dangle on the last of that list.

The teeth bounced carelessly through the air and soon they flipped upside down to stare at the woman it's grin still perfect as it flipped a completely around.

"I've met many mortals such as yourself. They sit there quiet, brooding, contemplating what exactly they think I want. They try to throw me around for a loop, they try to pretend that they aren't interested in what it was like at the beginning of the Dark Harvest, the fall of the old Sith Empire, they act disinterested what it was like when the rule of two was first instituted. To watch Sith Lord after Sith Lord die by their brothers hands. Tis a shame you are one of those mortals." The eyes and mouth said and spun around in a complete 360 a dozen times before settling right side up.

"You aren't one of those mortals are you? Or perhaps He Who Burns was wrong about you?" The voice said softly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom