Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Q & A

Rather than nagging you to ask questions in your intro threads as I've done for virtually every other Primeval member, I've decided to simply have you all ask your questions here so I can compile them in a list, to answer all your questions, so future New Members feel right at home with the Primeval!

So without further adieu, ask you questions!

• Q: Does your religion have a specific definition of a soul, and do droids and other incidental sapients have it?
  • A: Creation is performed by Halrormalenth, who is equally the creator of man, animal, metal, and stone. Everything which exists, be it living or dead, is the result of Halrormalenth. If a droid has logic circuits, then a droid is capable of professing the truth of the Primeval.
  • Q: What is your stance on technology and or work geared towards salvage and recovery?
  • A: The Primeval believe in reincarnation, and one of the 'pillars' of the Primeval religion is the concept of a 'Reclamation'. As such, salvage and recovery actually fulfills an important societal function in the eyes of the Primeval because it allows for something to be recycled, reused, or "reborn" in a sense.
  • Q: Is loyalty to religious dogma crucial for organizational roles?
  • A: No. The religion and the faction are separate, even though at the head (Anja aj'Rou) they are one in the same because of our being a theocracy. Members of the Primeval would need to be loyal to the Host Lord, but in the same sense that they'd be loyal to the Supreme Chancellor in the case of the Galactic Republic.
  • Q: What tolerance is shown for semi-heretical ideals?
  • A: BURN THE INFIDELS. Just kidding. Anyway, the Primeval is full of many different strange sects that differ slightly from each other, or a whole lot! In fact, the Primeval is more about loyalty and performance, more than it is about faith. This is the reason most of our Warlords do not necessarily pertain to the faith of the rest of the Primeval.

50H31

Seeker of Enlightenment
[member="Zambrano the Hutt"]

New character on an old writer, debating whether or not this faction is the right vibe for me.

• Does your religion have a specific definition of a soul, and do droids and other incidental sapients have it?
  • What is your stance on technology and or work geared towards salvage and recovery?
  • Is loyalty to religious dogma crucial for organizational roles?
  • Do we get a discount on dramatic robes and clothing? :p
  • What tolerance is shown for semi-heretical ideals? Five-oh sincerely believes he has a soul, and is seeking some kind of transcendence. That's a big piece of the character motivation.

[member="50H31"]

Hopefully [member="Zambrano the Hutt"] won't mind me jumping in here, but I've actually roleplayed the answers to some of your questions, when Boo proselytized an HRD at the Ball of Bastion.

It helped that the conversation was interesting. Enlightening even, for the fact that [the droid] asked a very human question. "What if, somewhere out there, a God is waiting, just for droids?"

What if, somewhere out there, a God is waiting, just for me. It was the quintessential statement of faith from Endor to Hoth, Bespin to Coruscant. A thousand languages, a million worlds, and yet the hope behind them was the universal constant of the galaxy. The belief in something greater.

Pausing, just outside of reach to the gateway which would lead to the gardens, the azure monk turned to look up at the woman as he offered sincerely, "I believe this God is real."

The articles of faith echoed in the boy's mind, a silent offertory to the Three who descended from the One, as he prayed that he be a voice of truth. "The Primeval believe that nothing exists of which Halrormalenth has not spoken," the young Pantoran added, explaining why he believed in the God of which the woman had spoken.

Recalling one of his favorite Primeval evangelists, the boy quoted, "For we are but the echo of voices of a distant star. The voice of a Broken Creation who has spoken since the dawn of time."

Falling silent with those words, the boy dropped his eyes a moment as he offered a second, silent prayer in thanks for the opportunity to have expressed the faith which was Primeval. Raising his eyes a moment later, the boy smiled as he offered warmly, "At least, that's what we believe."

She could believe it as well, if she chose to accept the Truth of Sargon. And if she did, he would be happy to pray with her. Droid or organic, any who would speak Truth were Primeval. And Primeval was the end and the beginning, all and nothing.

Q: Does your religion have a specific definition of a soul, and do droids and other incidental sapients have it?

A: Creation is performed by Halrormalenth, who is equally the creator of man, animal, metal, and stone. Everything which exists, be it living or dead, is the result of Halrormalenth. If a droid has logic circuits, then a droid is capable of professing the truth of the Primeval.

Q: What is your stance on technology and or work geared towards salvage and recovery?

A: The Primeval believe in reincarnation, and one of the 'pillars' of the Primeval religion is the concept of a 'Reclamation'. As such, salvage and recovery actually fulfills an important societal function in the eyes of the Primeval because it allows for something to be recycled, reused, or "reborn" in a sense.

Q: Is loyalty to religious dogma crucial for organizational roles?

A: No. The religion and the faction are separate, even though at the head (Anja aj'Rou) they are one in the same because of our being a theocracy. Members of the Primeval would need to be loyal to the Host Lord, but in the same sense that they'd be loyal to the Supreme Chancellor in the case of the Galactic Republic.

Q: Do we get a discount on dramatic robes and clothing?

A: Have you seen the Sasori clothing line? I'm pretty sure the Silver Jedi have us beat in the dramatic clothing department.

Q: What tolerance is shown for semi-heretical ideals? Five-oh sincerely believes he has a soul, and is seeking some kind of transcendence. That's a big piece of the character motivation.

A: That doesn't sound all that heretical to me, and we expect that the religion will have different permutations. A "Droid Rights Movement" within the Primeval faction would probably follow the reasoning in your question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom