Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official astrophysical analysis of the Hapes Cluster and the Transitory Mists

Relina Zhan

Ducha of Gallinore, "Apollyon the Slayer"
The Following has been approved!

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/108176-transitory-mists-and-hapes-cluster/?p=1551721#

This contains approved information drawn directly from canon and minorly expanded upon in the interests of enforcing specific astrophysical parameters for writing about entrance to the Hapes Cluster. This is intended to be used as reference for the conditions invaders or other interlopers (whether benign or malign) should face between the rest of the Galaxy and the Hapes Consortium.

To be sure, in the event of invasion, these parameters provide the Royal Navy with a tactical home field advantage apart from any other conditions agreed upon. Even friendly entities would encounter these conditions as well, which in either case, deepens roleplay by creating an edgy sense of danger when traversing this no-man's-space.

Further, I hope it stops the simple and straightforward exits from Hyperspace into Hapes orbit with the same ease as one would exit Hyperspace at any other world, like Coruscant or Tattooine... sinnce it really just doesn't work that way. There's literally no way to drop a surprise attack on the Hapan capital without going through some serious systematic black ops manoeuvres that would require intensive RP... and Hapes is all about Intrigue anyway, so such oughta be welcomed.

this is very nice work and nice to have

though if we capture the teleportation technology other groups use we could reverse engineer it and then Hapes can reign supreme.

or develop proper countermeasures to it

Relina Zhan

Ducha of Gallinore, "Apollyon the Slayer"
[member="Cathbodua"]

Ummm shouldn't teleportation be banned? There's no canon precedent for it that isn't itself OP and there is the fact that it's OP in the first place. it's about as OP as de facto superweapons, useful only for serious events and not common usage.

Although, if that is sarcasm I detect, the point of this is to prevent that kind of "teleportation". If you want Hapes by military force, then you have to earn it.

[member="Relina Zhan"] yes there is some canonish for it. celestials, rakata, kwa, aing-tii and a species that fought the ewoks had the technology.. However IC wise to explain how ships just appear and bypass everything natural and artifical defense wise the only wy most fleet commanders and ground forces can think it is teleportation instead of they were just there and no one noticed them.

Allana Badeaux

Ta’a Chume – Queen Mother
[member="Relina Zhan"]

Teleportation is limited tech. There are so many weaknesses to use it that it makes it mostly unusable. For instance one of the limitations and good way to explain how this works. I hold to Gree hoops, one in each hand. [member="Cathbodua"] throws a piece of candy to the center of one of the rings. As soon as the piece of candy hit the center of the ring there is a flash of light. The piece of candy disappears from view. It the reappears with a flash of light in the center of the other ring in the forward momentum it had prior before teleporting.

So you can have a device that teleports a person down to the surface of a planet. Not unless there is a second device that has the same tech you can transfer the person being teleported.

Allana Badeaux

Ta’a Chume – Queen Mother
[member="Cathbodua"]

We can look into that and we could talk to Jorus Merrill. I know he made a sub up using this type of technology.

We have discord now and you’re welcome to join us. Also please we liked to see you around IC. Just let me know how I can help with that! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom