Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Of Dark Beginnings and Humble Introductions

Iridonia - Nek'Vyshtal Clan Territory - Nek'Vyshtal Homestead
(Open)​

The dark-skinned Iridonian stands before a large stone hearth within his father's forge, staring down into the firepot in silent contemplation, just as he’d been doing for the past half hour. Remnants of old lump coal and coke fuel lies forgotten and neglected within the pit; various weathered tools litter the workspace tabletops; the subtle sound of a slight draft passing over a stack of schematics weighted down by old reference books is heard in the background; and the foul stench of a slack tub reservoir that has sat idle for too long is beginning to fill the air. It has clearly been some time since anyone had worked the forge.

Diffused morning light spills into the building’s interior through three dirty, circular windows on the far wall, illuminating the dusty air inside that the Zabrak had disturbed upon his entrance. A collection of bladed weapons in various states of completion, formation, and disrepair lines the opposite wall--broadswords, bearded axes, spears, zhabokas—all unfulfilled orders from Capital City vendors and Iridonians of neighboring clans that his father hasn't been able to satisfy since falling ill and becoming bed-ridden.

Much work to be done… I could use the distraction.

Wasting no more time, Saevio shrugged off a tattered cloak thrown about his shoulders, blindly hanging it on a nearby rack before proceeding to task. Despite the sorrowful sensation that has settled in his gut since speaking to his father’s physician nearly two weeks ago, his mind was now set on getting this forge up and running again, and fulfilling all of his father’s outstanding orders. It’s the least he could do… It’s all he could do.

Beginning to drain the brine water from the forge’s slack tub reservoir, Saevio found himself staring off at nothing, wondering what transgression could have possibly brought such misfortune down upon him and his family.

First mother…

Saevio’s mother, Sashinae, had gone missing just under nine months ago when contact was lost with the transport ship she had been travelling on. It never made berth and was presumed to be destroyed, along with its twenty odd passengers and crew. Saevio had set out in search for answers, and perhaps even survivors, holding out hope that the ship had simply crash-landed on some moon along its flight path. But every fleeting lead he followed brought him to the same eventual conclusion: his mother, and all of the other passengers aboard the Fairstar were dead.

Now father…

Bad lungs, old age, and a broken heart—there’s only so much hurt a man can take. The doctor said that the best he could offer was an additional 3 to 6 months with aggressive treatments. But being confined to a bed, completely dependent, doped up on a cornucopia of meds, and attached to an array of machines was no way for an Iridonian to live out his final days; especially not this Iridonian. It won’t be too much longer now until the elder Nek’Vyshtal joins his Tai'Shan. In the meantime, Saevio still has some time to get his father’s affairs in order so that he may at least depart this world knowing that his debts have been settled, and his promises fulfilled. And at least this time there’s opportunity for goodbyes.

Without even the dignity of dying on a battlefield…

After several hours of cleaning up the forge and performing restorative maintenance, Saevio stood outside the front entrance of the building, overlooking the cul-de-sac that was also bordered by his father’s domicile, a storage barn, and his own humble abode. He needed a break. Every corner of the forge holds old memories of him and his father—bittersweet reminders of what he will be losing forever in the coming days; bittersweet reminders that test his limits, threatening to leave him indefinitely scathed; bittwesweet reminders that stoke the embers of an ever-present fury that lies just beneath the surface, always on the cusp of breaking free. With a heavy breath and a wipe of his brow, Saevio leans back against the forge’s entryway, squinting against the evening sun as golden eyes settle upon his father’s house.

I can't let him go like this. It’s pitiful… needless. It’s just not right.

The charcoal-skinned Iridonian absently retrieved a hand-rolled cigarra from a thin, rectangular container, lofting it to his lips and igniting the end with the familiar metallic click of a flip-top lighter. Thick currents of pinkish smoke billowed out from his nostrils as he exhaled the first of what would be many much-needed soothing drags. The pungent aroma of Ambrian cheroot filled the air as thoughts of honor, dignity, and familial obligation weighed on his mind, causing his brow to furrow slightly as he grappled with the internal conflict.

I would expect the same of him, if it were me lying in that bed, counting the moments until my final breath.

Saevio shook his head, exhaling another cloud of pinkish smoke as a mumbled curse left his lips, "Haretz…"

His father didn’t have to say it; the look in his eyes explained all that Saevio needed to know. He was ready, and Saevio knew it, but even for Saevio such a request would not be easy, or simple. As much as Saevio wanted to continue arguing with himself on the subject, the truth is his mind is already made up. The only thing holding him back now are the outstanding orders waiting for him within the forge, not to mention that he is now also responsible for the Shrine his family had been entrusted to protect so long ago. And so, with a final draw from his cigarra, he resolved to complete those orders with a purpose, that he may then shoulder the burdens that follow and grant his father his dying wish, allowing him to leave this world with the dignity he deserves.

There is much work to be done…

[member='Morna Imura']
[member='Hasjo Hallu']

Tapping my fingers on the arm of the chair that I sat in. I was restless. Almost insane. I felt as though I was doing something wrong. Taking my hands and shining my palms, I stood up from my seat. Lexa, my wife was asleep. We had discussed earlier about me leaving for a time. The war with the CIS, and the Protectorate, as well as the Jedi and the Sith at it once more. There was a lot on my plate. I had heard rumors of a young man, claiming to be my younger brother, working under an old friend Luicen. But I was scared. I needed to get away.

I was already packed. Ready to go. Walking over to my sleeping wife, I kidded her on the forehead. Snapping my fingers where the flowers I had given to her almost two months back. They burst into flames and instead of burning, they brightened. Writing a card I set it down on the table. Moving towards the door, I looked behind me as she slept in the bed. Walking out, I needed a break.

It was only hours later that I was in my personal ship lifting off of the planet. Dressed in a simple t-shirt and jeans. I sat back in the captains chair as the freighter took to autopilot after setting myself into hyperspace. I was doing work while I was gone. Researching. Just like I did in the past. I smiled faintly as I remembered my first outing on Felucia. There I had fought a witch. She said that she would spare my life seeing that I was a good warrior already. I have not seen her since, but just to be able to see her and show her who I am today, I hoped that she would be proud of me becoming a Master in the force.

I relaxed in the chair. Pulling out a Kolto cigar. Pulling out my dagger, I cut the end of the tip and stuck it in my mouth. I never wasted my cigars. THe tips that I cut off I would chew on. Strange I know, but it tasted good. After a few hours, The stub was gone after being slowly chewed and swallowed. Enjoying the flavor. Smooth and easy. I closed my eyes as I took a wiff of the cigar as it ran under my nose. I put it in my mouth, and touching the end, it started to burn. Releasing the aromas, and the tastes, as well as my favorite part, the healing properties of Kolto to a wound on my left side.

Years ago I aided the Sith in defending a base. During the fight, I had used my body as a shield for a bomb. Using my powers as well, I stopped the bomb from tearing the place apart. But, I had used alot of energy. Despite my best efforts, The building still collapsed. As it was going to fall down, I used the last of what I had to try and keep it up. Just thinking about it hurt. I remember vividly how the cyborg woman had come up to me and used a force pike to jab into my side, and out my back.

Surviving that encounter was not all too well. I had major pains for the next month. Bleeding at the slightest movement. I chuckled as "Chick-a-Dee" came to my rescue that day. But that's another story for a later date. Why? My ship beeped alerting me that we were close on exiting hyperspace. To the planet known for many dark sided artifacts and relics. Iridonia.

The birthplace of Zabraks. Or so I was told. Tapping on buttons, I buckled myself in. Less than two seconds later. THe ship jolted slightly as the ship left hyperspace. Taking the belt off, I stood up and took a better look out of the view port. Watching as the giant marble in the black void of space defied all odds of existing. Still no one, with or without proof, was able to prove how the planets formed. Well, really WHY they formed. Some speculated that it was just the force, or the right conditions for it. I knew that something did this. I just didn't know what. When I die, I know that will be answered.

"Well isn't that pretty?" Almost all of a sudden, I could feel a wave of the dark side of the force creep up to me. Even from here, outside the planet's atmosphere I could feel something stirring. Rare as it was to feel something on planet so powerful, outside had happened only once to me before. I sat back down in the chair and flipped a few switches. Pressing a few buttons, and bingo. I moved down into the planet's atmosphere.

[member="Saevio"]

PLANET: Iridonia
REGION: Aro-voa Canyon
CITY: Wortan

The bar was lifted off of the ground. His knees were bent, back straight, chin down. He heaved the two-hundred-kilogram weight up to his chest before bringing it slowly back down, stretching the muscles out. The metalloid Nautolan had no augmentations or force-based enhancements. His species were naturally powerful and enduring, and Hasjo was as strong as any two men. He was in the city on both an assignment and to hopefully uncover the mystery of a fellow Jedi. Twenty years ago, a friend of his at the Ossus Jedi Academy taught the Nautolan the basics of double-bladed lightsaber combat, and since then Hasjo had rose to the rank of Jedi Master and along the way, achieving a rare title, Exotic Weapons Master. He had honed his skills, not only in the training yards but in the field of combat where his experience was known to be quite expansive.

He exited the gym, his onboard MLSS systems were regulating his bodily temperature and hydration. Many thought it strange a 'droid' was exercising at such a place, but it was not so. Beneath the suit was a Nautolan. Part organic, part machine. After his defeat during the Siege of Coruscant, he was placed onto a mobile life support system. It provided him medical relief. Without the suit he would be nothing more than an old crone sitting around at the temple day and night, unable to perform any of the duties he could today. He made his way onto the footpath, whilst he was a walking armoury with six weapons on him at all times among his arsenal, and in a durasteel plated suit. He was a meagre five foot and seven inches, hardly tall by any standards. He was below the galactic average height. He turned down a side street and into a garage where a
Ubrikkian Q3-R was locked up.

The landspeeder itself was old, just as old as his friendship with Sirak. Turning the throttle, the roar of the engine reminded him of times past. When a Padawan Hallu was in the Coruscant Underground with [member="Asaak Tey"], another old friend of his he had not seen in some time. So many of them seemed to be disappearing of late, and he was being left behind. They simply seemed to vanish from the galaxy - yet the galaxy was a large place. Surely they were out there somewhere. But Sirak? His stomach seemed to knot at the thought, knowing that there was more to Sirak than just a simple chance of them both never crossing paths. The metalloid reclined into the seat, unable to enjoy its comfort. He continued to twist the throttle, exceeding speeds of one-hundred kilometres per hour. He waved in and out of traffic, attempting to get to the outskirts sooner rather than later. He would need to investigate a supposed Sith artefact.

PLANET: Iridonia
REGION: Nek'Vyshtal Clan Territory

A solitary landspeeder shot through the barren lands. It had achieved it's maximum speed, a ferocious four-hundred-and-fifty-kilometres-per-hour. He skimmed across the landscape with haste. The engines began to slow, the pressure that was urging him to sit against the chair began to reduce. He leaned forward, scanning the Heads-Up-Display and cameras. The landspeeder was enclosed, relying on outside cameras to supply a live feed to the driver. The Jedi Master had spotted a cove nearby, coming to a gradual stop outside of it. He switched off the engine and threw his feet out of the vehicle. Heavy durasteel boots thudded against the ground. He shrouded himself in his arid cloak that draped from his shoulders. This world seemed to be tainted by a history of Bogan. The Dark Side. For now, he would rest and meditate.

[member=Saevio]

An orange sun is beginning to descend beyond the horizon, painting the evening sky above with a brilliant display of warm hues. The stirring of a mild breeze provides cool contrast to the otherwise humid Iridonian air, sweeping over the acreage of the Nek'Vyshtal homestead and kicking up the tattered cloak wrapped about Saevio's form as he makes way to the storage barn, adjacent to his father's forge. Now, with the forge back to proper working conditions, Saevio may proceed with the arduous task of smelting ore and shaping metal as he had done so many times before, with his father.

Approaching the barn's entrance, Saevio spares a glance up at the dimming sky, his attentions momentarily drawn to a subtle resonance carried overhead by the cooling dusk air. Being relatively secluded from the major population centers of Iridonia, the Nek'Vyshtal homestead rarely received any unannounced visitors, and most had little reason to come this far out of their way. After a cursory scan of the horizon to satisfy his brief curiosity, Saevio returns his attentions to the barn's entrance, having chalked the sound up to mere whispers of the wind. Squaring off in front of a standard biometric security device that proceeds to scan his person, head to toe, the Iridonian waits for the tell-tale sounds of the locking mechanism being disengaged before proceeding to enter. Once inside the musty building, his presence triggers the activation of several rows of hanging lights that line the lofty ceiling above, bathing the interior of the barn in a pale blue fluorescence. Inside, the barn is divided up into rows of tall shelves that nearly reach the ceiling, each pair forming a makeshift aisle running length-wise to the far end of the barn, and each shelf housing various types of containers that store various types of materials and resources necessary to the forge's operations.

Directing a small pallet that idly hovers several inches off the ground from out of the corner, Saevio leisurely makes his way through the aisles, stacking several containers of materials onto the portable platform. "Going to need to restock some of these supplies soon..." he says, thinking aloud as he makes his way down the last aisle to retrieve one last crate of materials. Before he can load the last crate, he stops and becomes quite still--he hears that same sound from before, but this time it is much less subtle, and most definitely not the wind. Abandoning the hover-pallet inside the barn, he swiftly makes his way outside to scan the area in search for the source of the disturbance.

"Dou res haretz?"

Three o' clock high, a freighter-class vessel is breaking atmo and descending toward the earth in the distance, seemingly intent on landing well within Nek'Vyshtal territory. The dark-skinned Iridonian jogs to the far end of the cul-de-sac courtyard to get a better look, free from the visual obstruction of the surrounding buildings. He continues to watch the vessel lower itself to the planet's surface, approximating the trajectory and general vicinity where he expects it to touch down while blindly lifting a hand to experimentally clutch at the shoulder strap of the retractable zhaboka he wears upon his back, beneath his robes. After reassuring himself that he's not entirely defenseless, he takes off on foot and disappears into the tree line that marks the entrance of the jungle where the old Shrine dwells, behind the homestead. With any luck, he'll be able to use the jungle as cover, that he may get a closer look at the intruder before making his presence known. Were it not for his distracted haste, he may have also remembered to check the datapad he had left inside the forge, emitting its incessant beeping to alert him about the landspeeder that had been picked up by the perimeter's sensors...

[member='Morna Imura']
[member='Hasjo Hallu']

It was very apparent that the people in this area on the planet were wide and spread out. Made by the large expansive forests, deep and lush of foliage. My ship was influenced to land in one of the more open areas of the forest. Off to the South, I had noticed a small settlement. I did not know if there were people still loving there. But I could feel the Dark side tingle and seep from the general area. It felt raw. Almost as though someone ripped a waterline and just ripped it open not caring how much water was flowing out. Not controlled.

I needed to prepare for the worst here. I could just be feeling the remnants of and old shrine or even one of the rare force creatures that could live for hundreds of years on just the force itself. I had moved from the cockpit over to the small armory that I had. Carrying almost anything for my needs. Moving to the back, I grabbed a black scabbard with a sword in it. I moved the straps on it to be fitting perfectly on my back, while my lightsaber was placed on my belt. I grinned slightly as I grabbed two of the alchemical daggers that I had gotten with my time in the Fringe. They were placed in my knee-high combat boots. But, I was only protecting myself. As I reached for my armor, A set of phrik bracers, chest piece, and boot covers, Were all placed on my body in their respective places. I had decided not to wear the crimson robes that came with them. Many Sith were known to wear black or red robes. I tried to stay away from that as much as possible. I was done with my Sith days.

I decided to walk today instead of taking my landpspeeder. it was beautiful to see and to experience the forest. Sometimes it was better for things not to be burned to the ground. The cigar that I had in my hand I was placed in the ash tray before walking down the open ramp and into the forest. It was truly a sight to behold. Smelling the fresh air that was here. The sound of a small creek running through and giving water to wildlife. The flowers that provided breathable oxygen for people to live here.

I reached out to a plant of local origin, yellow petals and a green stem. Shaped in the fashion of one of the many flowers here. I smelled it. Almost tasting a pleasant aroma. Reaching on the back of my belt, I took off a datapad and made notes of the many things around me. Even trying to describe the smell and sights that I currently saw. Even taking the GPS coordinates on the planet and marking them down. Putting the datapad away, I looked around once more to head towards the pulsing of the Darkside. Only, I had stopped, when hearing movement. Sure it was in a forest where creatures run amok all the time, but I could hear the sounds of heavy foot falls.

Either someone was out there, or something larger was here. And that was what worried me.

[member="Saevio"], [member="Hasjo Hallu"],

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom