Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Of Alien and Men - Act I

Middle Rim, Bright Jewel Sector
Anobis system

Prologue

Anobis has been infested by the group who calls themselves Plague Doctors, changing the very enviroment beneath the civilians noses. Order is being brought to the Doctors of Plague, a political meeting has been arranged to discuss the fate of this villainy, while the Doctors begin to scramble for battle.

Today

The farming land of Anobis allowed lots of space to be given in different areas so people may build, farm, and make trade. Today, a meeting is taking place in a decently sized cabin in a small clearing of land, surrounded by the natural beauty of the system. Waiting inside is already the head Doctor of the Plague Doctor, and La'kuus Quelin representing the planet's worries.

From outside of the plain wooden cabin had a small area for landing ships, only a few by the looks. Inside were chairs, tables, and small refreshments to ease people's senses when it came to arguments. A single bunny droid skipped around the room making sure everything was neat, and refilling the large bowls of liquids. Sitting at the very east of the building, the Head Doctor stared into the fire with burning red glass serving as eyewear, while La'kuus sat not a few seats away with a single cup in hand, slowly dwindling down of it's volume.

The wait for the rest of the party wouldn't be long, and until then, everyone could discuss things before the real talk began.

[member="Darth Erebos"]

[member="Olan Teff"]

[member="Scarlet Ghost"]

[member="La'kuus Quelin"]

[member="Jartani Ponds"]

A large billowing contrail if fire followed the Avalon as it descended to the agreed upon landing point. The hull thrusters kicking in as the small freigter dropped to the ground, burning and bliwing parts of the flora it touched. With almost a sigh of relief, the engines died and the ship went quiet...except for the crackling of the heated exhaust ports and ground. A low hiss split the air as the ships boarding ramp lowered and a mostly lack clad young man walked down to the ground. Looking about pensively a moment as he took in his surroundings and situated his garb, as it had become wrinkled in the flight over.

Not much could be said about the blond haired man, other than he looked ready for a fight. Dressed in mostly black, with only a red sash about his waist and a blue jacket around his torso to give him some contrast.

At his hip was a set of vibroswords and under his jacket was a holster for a blaster pistol, which he made no sign of hiding. As he was requested to be here for just that-the threat of retaliation if things go bad.

Sniffing the air a little. "Today is a good day to die...if need be." And quietly began to make his way towards the lone cabin...

[member="Olan Teff"]

The door was opened before Olan even arrived fully, by the small bunny droid bouncing around to ensure everything was in order. Once he walked in, the worn metallic being rushed off to serve another purpose.

From there, La'kuus looked up boredly from her drink and laid eyes upon the stranger, or a stranger to her for now. She nodded to the chairs around the room, giving him well enough access to do as he pleased.

The doctor, on the other hand, didn't make his move. He stared into the flickering flames with his ruby red eyes, not daring to get away from the unnatural warmth. Like a bird would, his nest when just born.

[member="Jartani Ponds"]

The young merc doesn't take the seat but decides to stand waiting patiently for the other guests. Though he was a bit startled earlier by the door opening pre-emptively by the droid, he seemed rocksolid now. Spending his time looking between the red eyed bird dude and the long haired lady...and taking in the sights of the cabin itself.

Into the cabin walked a well groomed man, tall with an athletic build to him. It was a rising politician of the Anobis sector, Marcus Jaxic, his eyes were straight as they gazed through the room and a smile came to his lips as he bowed his head incrementally to show respect to the people in the room. He did however only nod towards the doctor, like most on Anobis he didn't care much for the plague doctors.

[member="Olan Teff"]
[member="Jartani Ponds"]

[member="Darth Erebos"] [member="Jartani Ponds"]

The blond haired merc bows in return as the politician joins the assembled group in the cabin. Taking note of the much less courteous display towards the 'doctor', he could only assume by the unusual attire. Shifting back and forth on each leg as he looked about at the others still. Arms still wrapped over his chest like he was a genie about to nod his head and grant wishes all willy nilly.

[member="Olan Teff"] [member="Darth Erebos"]

A long silence came from the plague Doctor, who seemed to be far too busy staring into the bright flames to do much else for a long amount of time. Finally, he turned and took a seat, one away from Erebos. He spoke in a most growling voice, muffled and pained, from things only the imagination could make safe.

"Hello, everyone. I am the Head Doctor, and I am still slightly unclear as to why we are all here. Without further ado, I believe an introduction is in order before we truly begin."

[member="Jartani Ponds"] [member="Olan Teff"] [member="Darth Erebos"]

A shudder ran through La'kuus' spine at the Doctor's gravely voice. She wasn't expecting that, even though she did come here realizing the doctors weren't good for farmers. What better way to get the farmer's to help ally them, anyways? With this being a political meeting, La'kuus thought there was only one good way to get things rolling, and for the first time had to agree with the Doctor who brought chaos to the land.

"La'kuus Quelin, speaking for a group of people on the Anobis sector."

[member="Jartani Ponds"] [member="Darth Erebos"] @La'kuus Quelin

Unfolding his arms over his chest he puts them on his hips and nods his head at the Doctors mention. A little twitch of his eye at the unusually dire sound to his voice occurred, otherwise he was unfazed...atleast outwardly.

"Olan Teff, Arbiter and Representative for a contingent of concerned citizens in the Anobis sector."

Adding a little bow of his head to those present. With little thought his left hand came to rest idly over the hilt of one of his blades. Manneurism most likely. Otherwise he looked calm and collected.

Meanwhile his mind was a whole 'nother story...

Smiling in a clever smirk, moving one hand into a pocket in his suit and pulling out a small cigar. "Marcus Jaxic, representing the Anobis parliament in this dispute." His voice was smooth like silk but husky at the same time, he was a very experienced speaker it seemed. Placing the cigar into the left corner of his mouth he kept the smile as he then took out a gas lighter and lit the cigar with a bright purple flame.
Leaning back into the seat he had taken, he drew in a light breath from the cigar and let out it's blue gray smoke into the air, allowing it to lazily move up into the air. "So then now that we all know who each other are, how about we get this little meeting over with hmm?"

[member="Olan Teff"]
[member="Jartani Ponds"]

[member="Darth Erebos"] @La'kuus Quelin [member="Jartani Ponds"]

"I agree with the Representative of the Anobis Parliament. I would like to finish this meeting swiftly." Nodding his head in agreement at Marcus' statement. Tilting his head to the side as he looks at the 'Doctor' whom finally took a seat.

Maybe the Merc was just cautious, but he was in no rush to sit down with the others as he stayed to himself. "Unless we are waiting on another party to arrive, I doubt tarrying is going to assuage the people we are all here for." A kind smile crossing his lips.

And the sooner we get done, the sooner I can finally eat!

Mind wandering now onto the plethora of food he was looking forward to eating, it had been weeks since he had an actual meal-and the food processor in his ship had only been able to produce nutritious goop...lovely lovely goop. The thought of it made him almost blanch.

The Doctor nodded his head slowly to each of the people. He soon took his hat off and put it to the side as a polite figure, revealing another layer of cloth to protect their head from any harm from the light of the room. After making a small clearing of his throat, he intertwined his fingers together.

"I am unsure why someone decided it was to other's decision to make this meeting, but as much as I dislike it I will take part. From my understanding, my prospective of things, the other natives of this planet find our culture to be difficult. I see no such problems rather than racism spreading word from door to door."

With the gravely voice speaking, the Doctor still kept a calm and understanding tone with everyone in the room. Even if they weren't as pleasant as others.

[member="Jartani Ponds"] [member="Darth Erebos"] @La'kuus Quelin

Tilting his head to the side he raised a brow. A quizzical expression aimed at the doctor. "So, you are not doing anything harmful to the planet itself? You are saying this is all based off of racist fear mongering? Its hard to do that on this kind of scale without a modicum of truth to base it off of.-"

Raising a hand and a finger to point at the ceiling.

"-By you coming here and having this meeting, we may be able to assuage those fears. Or at least understand what your true intentions are. If you are doing nefarious acts, then that is an entirely different ball of wax."

Marcus didn't seem to drop his clever smirk as he took another suck on the cigar while he listened to the doctor and the merc, letting the smoke bellow out from his nostrils as he took the cigar out of his mouth. "Of course it is, Mister Teff does make a good point but then again if this isn't simple racist fear mongering then why have I been getting reports onto my desk that the plague doctors are changing the earth and soil from beneath some farmers noses?" He asked as he made sure to make it sound as if the doctors were the ones to blame, he didn't much care for the whole situation but he also saw it as an opportunity for himself.

[member="Olan Teff"]
[member="Jartani Ponds"]

[member="Darth Erebos"] [member="Olan Teff"]

"Whole meetings such as these don't just pop out of nowhere because of a little racism, Doctor." La'kuus quickly butted in after Marcus. "The facts pouring in from various mutations of soil and their effects on the crops haven't the smallest of interest in anything other than what you and your... gang, is doing to the planet." With a small scowl painting onto her face, the young woman crossed her arms at the discussion. Might as well get it over with now.

@La'kuus Quelin [member="Darth Erebos"] [member="Olan Teff"]

"All groups have their bad plants, as I am sure mine does as well. However, I am not here to point fingers at anyone directly. Should there be any signs of changes in the soil, plants, or well-beings of others, it will be resolved without the help of outside communities." The Doctor spoke with a fluent tiny tone, changing motions to grab a small cane to fit in between his legs as a secondary support.

"I personally keep still to the firm belief that this is all a misunderstanding due to a few people wanting the planet to themselves, as greed usually effects beings with their religious intentions to keep everything exactly perfect."

[member="Darth Erebos"] @La'kuus Quelin [member="Jartani Ponds"]

The Merc stayed quiet for a good long time as the long haired woman interjected and then the Doctor responded. "Personally,-" Putting up a hand again. "-I think, the only way to assuage these issues is to have total and utter transparency in the matter."

Looking between the four he shrugged. "Pointing fingers-no matter how just one is, is only going to bog down this meeting. Proof-physical proof is what is needed here. Or a modicum of trust in each other-I expect more of the former rather than the later."

Eyes landing on the Doctor who now stood with the canes aide. "If you have more than your word, something tangible, many would be assuaged. Because sometimes 'I did not do it', is not the same as having something to prove you didn't do the act. This isn't meant to reflect negatively on you, I am just wanting the truth. The people who hired me are genuinely scared for their families-as I assume you are for yours."

Tilting his he thought of his employers, one did stand out as at odds with what he just said. A overweight chap with no sense of style. Rich no doubt and frankly cared more about how big his credit collection was over how many lives are lost in the business he runs.

"Some more than others..." He quietly remarks to himself as he returns to being quiet.

Marcus raised his hands up while his smile broadened. "Ah and there we come to the heart of the issue." He said as his hands raised up to the height of his head and he then clapped them. "Now then my good "Doctor" were is the proof of you'r innocence or failure?" Marcus's smile lowered into an disquieting grin as he eyed the doctor up and down, the smoke that came from his mouth as he spoke only added to the disquieting tone his voice had began to take on.

[member="Olan Teff"]
[member="Jartani Ponds"]

The Doctor tilted his mask gently to the side at the question, then adjusted in his seat. "If I had known this was a race to see who could come up with the most proof or letters first I would have prepared a long time ago. As of now we're doing just as farmers do, gathering and replanting the native herbs and plants. I of course could let you see the actual process of it all, but as a political meeting I would see a need for a few members off the board just in case something happens."

[member="Darth Erebos"] [member="Olan Teff"]

"I get a bad feeling from all of this. You're either helping the natives or you're causing them trouble. At this rate of you blabbering on for hours the same repetitive plea of innocence, we might as well do a whole tear down investigation! I'm not a person who usually wants to hurt people, but you're being especially shady in this meeting, Doctor." La'kuus gripped onto her arm crossing harder, just keeping herself from exploding into a full on rampage. She still felt a need to hurt the shady character. He did nothing to prove himself, even if offering people to look through his belongings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom