Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Occupations lists for character creation

I love making characters out of unconventional/normally NPC occupations. A while ago I was thinking of making an FPV drone pilot who fights using weaponized and kamikaze air drones. Though I don't think that would be much fun to write against, haha! Otherwise, one unconventional occupation I already have a military speeder bike/swoop jockey, who basically fights using her speeder bike as a weapon in and of itself, kind of like a fighter pilot and their starfighter. I wrote a pharmacist and a droid technican on another site as well, which were both really fun to do. However, that was a roleplay environment which was more conducive to those kinds of characters.

Would love to hear from others who've written characters that have unconventional occupations!

Last edited:
Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
A while ago I was thinking of making an FPV drone pilot who fights using weaponized and kamikaze air drones. Though I don't think that would be much fun to write against, haha!
I honestly think that could be a lot of fun to write against, for a couple reasons:
  • Different set of options for taking/dishing out damage.
  • 'Are they on planet/in system? Find them!' can also make for some really interesting possibilities. A fight/contest taking place in more than one location at once, for example.
  • Watching for attacks from the air is a rarer experience in PVP than in, say, every IRL war for the last century - there's opportunities there.
  • It's something different! Everyone likes fighting something different.

Yeah I say run with it if you want, see what's fun in practice.

I wrote a pharmacist and a droid technican on another site as well, which were both really fun to do. However, that was a roleplay environment which was more conducive to those kinds of characters.
I dig that - this guy is a used ship dealer and I've got a lot of traction out of that. What about that other place made jobs like pharmacist and technician appealing/workable? Different thread types, faction structures...?

I had my character Tru here start out as nothing special Carbonite Smelter Factory worker from Empress Teta. It's something I haven't done in a long while create a character with simple humble beginnings and see where the story takes me. It can be a fun journey and who knows where she will be day, month or year from now. I do love the humble beginnings story arch and starting out as common basic occupation maybe they will become a hero of some manner or a causality of war. Maybe their story will be forgotten or written in the stars forever remembered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom