Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noapte

Status
Not open for further replies.
cf48a5335b063176b9414bb2897b9fbb.jpg

Name: Noapte
Development Thread: A World of Darkness Eternal

Region: Tingel Arm/Edge of the Galaxy
System: Noapte
Suns: 1 White Dwarf Star
Orbital Position: Habitable zone
Moons: None
System Features: Bands of cosmic dust cloud the star itself, preventing most light from reaching the planet.
Coordinates: North, North East of Belkadan in the little pocket there along the very edge of the galaxy
Rotational Period: Locked Rotation
Orbital Period: Locked Orbit

Class: Terrestrial.
Diameter: Unknown at this time.
Atmosphere: Type I
Climate: Cold throughout the planet, lack of most weather. The planet appears to be entirely in stasis.
Gravity: Standard
Primary Terrain: Rocky hills, mountains, and plains. Occasionally there are grassed over volcanic spires that appear as plains.

Native Species: To be submitted later.
Immigrated Species: None.
Primary Languages: Unknown.
Government: None.
Population: Unknown numbers of wildlife, other species will be subbed accordingly.
Demonym: Noaptan
Major Imports: None.
Major Exports: None
Affiliation: Neutral.

Major Locations: Various tomb complexes and necropolises
Culture: This section revolves around the species sub that I will be working on for a week or so. There are no living inhabitants outside of wildlife and other creatures to be submitted and therefore can be added when needed later.
Technology: negligible (ancient inhabitants had medieval/late medieval technology levels)
History:

Noapte, named as such by an unnamed race who had discovered it in their history, is a world locked in space, time, and orbit. It does not rotate nor does it revolve around the sun. The entire planet seems to be locked in stasis of sorts.

The planet is cold with snow in some areas and dotted with plains, rocky hills, and mountains. Here and there are dark forests and wildlife permeates the planet. The planet itself is covered in a nearly impenetrable layer of thick, black clouds that, between the little light from the nearby star and the black clouds, prevent most light from reaching the ground and casts the world in an eternal twilight.

Within the tombs appear to be the dead, ancient bodies of the previous inhabitants, but no records have been found to explain their past, culture, or what happened to the planet. Noapte is a mystery and research teams sent to the surface by the rare discoverer do not return.

OOC: To those sensitive in the Force, the planet is a Dark Side nexus and seems to act, at times, on its own, often lashing out at the Light Side or the items or things the more religiously oriented prefer to revere.

Notable PCs: Artur Vladimirescu (species to be submitted later after the dev thread is complete)
Intent: To create a highly unique world bathed in darkness for a unique, upcoming species to emerge from. I'm a huge horror fiction nut and figure this world and the species to be submitted for it will allow me to write that genre quite well. Also, it gives a planet that is highly unique in that it is entirely driven by Sith Magic/The Darkside (though the inhabitants have no understanding of what the Force is, only that it is "Black Magic")

[member="Artur Vladimirescu"]

Alright, you've got a good base but...

-You must have a diameter
-Culture needs to be added and cleaned up once you have your species sub in(and must be done before I approve this)
-I'd like you to be more descriptive on Major Locations. One line isn't going to cut it.
-History reads more like a description of the planet that probably should be used for your Major Location section. I'd like to see more written about the early times of the planet. Why is the darkside strong here? What are the tombs for? etc
-I'd like to see the line "the planet acts on its own" removed. I see OP issues with in the future. Totally Dark Side "nexus" should be thought of in a different way. I will accept Dark Side corruption but the entire planet?

[member="Delila Castillon"]

The template said that diameter was not required iirc. Was this not edited and did I miss a minor alteration announcement?

I had planned to go deep into culture with the species submission which will have a thread length of ~100 posts. I can add that in later if you'd like.

There aren't really any major locations. The cities have mostly disappeared as the planet went into "stasis" tens of thousands of years ago and the technology never really rose above early blackpowder muskets and cannon. The only things left are the tombs themselves which are of varying size, some crumbled, some not. I'm... Not sure if I should list those as they're more along the lines of future location submissions for anyone using the future species to create a location for. Unless you just want me to toss some mountain ranges and forests a few random names, I really don't have much to go on with it.

I had planned to go into the history of the planet with the species submission I have planned because... Well, half because there is currently nothing living on the planet outside of wildlife and half because the culture is more direct to that species submission, really.

I can alter that line a bit. Its less "this is so OPed lol" and more... For flavor. Its like a psychological version of a death planet like Wayland of sorts. The dark side nexus, which was something I was going to go into detail with in the species thread with extreme detailed narrative, tends to reject the light side of the force and power the dark side. Here, rejection and "acting on its own" just means stuff likw buffeting wind, creating doubt and paranoia, playing tricks on the mind and eyes, etc. Just typical "what was that? We're not alone o.o" type stuff when someone uses the light side or holy symbols or similar items. Just... Fluffiness. Lovecraftian fluff, but still fluff.

[member="Artur Vladimirescu"]

Diameter: <NOT REQUIRED: Diameter at the equator. For reference, Earth is 12,756 km in diameter>
Only the diameter at the equator. For example, the Earth has two diameters. Equatorial Diameter is 12,756 but the pole-to-pole diameter is 12,720. The template is not requiring you to give the equatorial diameter but does require you to give at least something. If someone wants to do both diameters I'm not going to stop them but I also don't see the point of going to extra work when we ask for only one.

I understand not having major locations. Its stupid to list out things like "Death Valley - Deep gorge on the planet with thousands of red rocks. During the rainy season a creek trickles through the bottom...yada yada yada" but I still think the description you have in the history about the tombs and what the planet looks like could have been fluffed up in major locations.

As for history...I still think its lacking. Yes, you plan to go into a dev thread for the species. Awesome. What about the planet? You can't share anything? Nothing like "Unknown species starts creating tombs and now-ruins at 235 ABY yet there purpose is still unknown." I can see having no culture and technology cause there is little there but I'd at least like to see more outlined about the history of this unknown species. At least a brief history of some things they did until they died off or got killed or what not.

So "darkside nexus" should be changed to "negative energy haunts planet" ? Why not say this in the first place? I'm also a bit confused why you're holding for for a dev thread and not sharing more with the planet, especially if a dev thread is going to actually be on the planet. Naturally if you have a storyline I don't want you to overshare for surprise sake but also don't want a big hulk of nothing in the planet sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom