Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private No Subtitle | Private

city lights so far away, on a trip or a long holiday

Part One
The Cheveyo Calbration
River District - New Heliopolis - Halm - 2234 Local Time
[Ambience]
It was festival season in New Heliopolis.

The squares and bazaars of the River District were alive and flourishing, with crowds out enjoying live music, street food, the whole nine yards. Night blanketed the city, but even in the darkness there was a faint golden glow. Isobel could almost smell the sizzling meat and spices.

Almost.

Because she wasn't out in the bazaars or plazas, enjoying the festivals. She was at a mobile operations center in a hotel suite across town, observing events through her piggy-back hacks into the New Heliopolis security network. All under the watchful eye of the Galactic Alliance babysitter, of course. She touched her earpiece, unmuting her channel to Val Pellian Val Pellian . "Crane, this is Lotus. The package Black Lotus left for you it on the roof of a rug shop at the intersection of Second Street and Sapphire Avenue. But if you'd like to go the more up-close-and-personal route, we can send someone to collect it after you're finished in the AO."

A pause and she adjusted the headset so it sat atop her glossy black locks more comfortably.

"We have reports of heavy city guard presence in the area, so be alert if you need to open carry. Our intelligence suggests they don't care a fig about Cheveyo but on principle if you take him out in front of people they're going to have to care." Isobel paused, scanning the camera feeds. "Where are you?" she asked after a moment. "I've lost you."

Isobel Nakano Isobel Nakano

This was more like it.

Val had grown used to the last decades of doing jobs without intel filtering into his ear. Mysterious packages waiting for him at designated spots waiting to be picked up and utilized soon after. It had been more visceral, but also far more clunky and frustrating at times. But having the support of a whole intelligence network behind him?

It hit differently.

"Oh, I was just marveling at your voice in my ear, sweetling." Murmured casually back to her as Val was crouching over the package. It seemed nondescript enough and could pass for one of the supply packages for the store.

He knew better.

Knew that if you wanted to open it up without causing a miniature self-immolation of the package you had to tick in the right code on the right frequency near it. "Graham was fun and all, but it kinda hits different when you are the one sending me directions." Oh, yes, Val was feeling just a bit flirtatious right now.

There was nothing better than to be back in the saddle.

So to speak.

take a drive downtown without a care, 'cause you're high i wanna be there

A faint heat rose to Isobel's cheekbones, only burning hotter when the minder cleared his throat. "Travin sends his regards," she muttered. The minder was a stoic Alliance operative installed to keep an eye on Isobel and Val. They were naughty children who had murdered a mob boss who might some day have been useful to the Alliance, so the bigwigs wanted them surveilled and locked down. He didn't say much, but it felt like he was always there, always listening.

Always.

"I'll do my best to keep you alive, sweetling," she said dryly. Travin went rigid beside her as he flipped through the hacked surveillance channels. Isobel's smirk was short-lived as an alert pinged upon her screen. "Crane," she said, her voice flickering with a note of urgency.

"Cheveyo is on the move," she said after analyzing the new information. "Heading south - maybe towards the Shisha Club. Remember, this has to look like a rival sent assassins after him."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom