Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No strings on me

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
The galaxy was a changing place. And that meant everything needed to evolve. Meaning the droid army to the fighters, hell even the Obsidian Order was evolving with the return to light of [member="Asher Valentine"]. SpyNet was always doing their thing and their leaders were always keeping them up-to-date with the most fun and exciting technologies. The fighters had been replaced with the introduction of Incom, whom he needed to contact Organa and with [member="Sasha Santhe"] as the purchaser for the Techno Union and the Abrion military, that was one less thing off his plate.

But the droids needed to be replaced. Clankers and Super Clankers, while hard working and useful were outdated and adding something that could keep up with the Hydra War Droid program would be smart. Normally he’d just have Sasha deal with the purchasing, but as the company that was going to be providing droids were one of those companies, Marek felt the need to be here.

Stopping into the main Techno Union offices of Hypori, he made his way to the conference room that was prepared. He knew that Hegemonic Automaton was going to be sending a representative, but was it [member="Gerion Ardik"], Oryen or Quill? It didn’t matter, but all that mattered was that Atch Ay was going to update their fighting force. Show those Rebels and Ravens why metal was better than flesh.

Uploading the current military loadout to the holo display on the center of the table, he fixed himself a drink while he awaited for the meeting.

Sasha Santhe

Majority Share Holder, Santhe Corporation
“Why couldn’t we have done this in a club…” Sasha said sighing and looking over at Marek. Her job purchasing for the ACA. This meant that she was the decider. Wanted a government contract? Yeah she would decide that. It sounded like such a good time, picking out the best equipment from reliable sellers… but it turned into a nightmare. It came to be that being the decider meant more than the fun stuff. Have you ever had to decide which computer chip to put in the com units at an office? It isn’t fun. Oh well Sasha would delegate the authority of the Purchasing Office.

She wondered about the Droids Ardik would present. She presumed it was Ardik because everyone involved was from Tion. “Tion Ways,” she repeated the mantra under her breath. “A club would have been better. At least tell me you have drinks ready…”

[member="Marek Starchaser"] | [member="Sasha Santhe"]

Gerion had to stifle a discontented grunt when the doors to the room slid open and the first person he saw was Sasha Santhe. It was hardly an indicator of any particular malice towards the woman, he was simply still miffed from when she tried to suck his face off during their little mission to that Hutt palace. Inappropriate, inappropriate behavior. Speaking of scandalous movements, it was time for three members of the same intergalactic, corporate secret society to decide on whether one of them should take charge of upgrading Abrion's droid armies. If there was ever an apt description for what exactly constituted a backroom deal, it was this meeting about to take place.

"Mr. Starchaser, Ms. Santhe." Gerion acknowledged his colleagues in greeting as he entered, doors sliding shut again behind him. "I trust you're both doing well?"

Corey's OOC

Marek couldn’t help but grin at [member="Sasha Santhe"]. She could really find something to complain about all the time, couldn’t she? He would love to do things in a club all the time, it was how he preferred to do business, hence Bright Star. Having Sasha being his purchaser was a good move, took a lot of work away from him, so he could work on getting crunk Bright Star to entertain at its fullest. He gave Sasha a look of disbelief. “You really think I go anywhere dry?” He nodded to the cabinent that was, of course, fully stocked.

That was when the door opened. He all but muttered “Heil” as [member="Gerion Ardik"] entered. Time for some wheeling and dealing, which meant for Hegemonic Automaton to present their droids and decide on a price. He was thankful that the company was finally deciding Abrion was worth supporting, for a while there, he wasn’t so sure they ever would.

But that was during former administrations and former disasters.

“Welcome, Viceroy, the trip over fine?” He stepped up to shake the other’s hand.

Sasha Santhe

Sasha smiled at [member="Gerion Ardik"]. It wasn't that she particularly liked kissing him, he was like a father figure... yuck... afterall. But there was a part of her that knew [member="Darth Carach"] and [member="Marek Starchaser"] would hear about the event and that was just gravy.... The smile firm on her face she approached Gerion Ardik and extended a hand. "Mister Ardik, it is a pleasure to see you again.” The man always acted in a professional manner. He was refreshing in the business world.

In addition to his demeanor and respectful nature he also made a good product. Best droids on the market, at least in Sasha’s estimation. “I cannot wait to see what new things you will bring to the table.” She walked over to the bar and proffered three drinks and brought them over to the group. “To a superior product,” she said raising her glass.

"As always." He answered Marek, graciously accepting the drink proffered to him by Santhe. A toast to his own product. His ego swelled for a moment there, perhaps it would stay that way going forward.

"I assume the two of you are well acquainted with the Talos-Series and, to a lesser extent, the Mehrunes-Series. Do you imagine these will be adequate to serve as the new staple of Abrion's armed forces, or perhaps you would prefer something newer and unique to the Corporate Alliance?"

It made little difference to Gerion exactly what they were looking for. The money would flow regardless, albeit there would be substantially more if they wanted him to commission the design of a radically different series of battle droids. It was the Titan Corporation treatment, because of the titanic amount of money it brought in, obviously.

Corey's OOC

Marek hearing of events? Sounded about right. Especially with the circles he kept. And knowing the OvmarIraniCarach mind meld, he would hear about most things, and joke about them over drinks, women and cigars. Just how he did meetings with friends, after all. And [member="Gerion Ardik"] was how most people should act, running a business. Marek was a bit of an exception, and well, [member="Sasha Santhe"] was Sasha. She was hot, and could do really whatever she damned pleased.

As for the droid questions, Marek nodded about knowing about Hegemonic’s offerings. Looking to Sasha, he shrugged, wondering if she had input. “Are you in a mind where selling one of your already established lines as the mainstay of a nation’s military army?” He was watching out for a comrade, after all.

Sasha Santhe

Sasha smiled a little as she listened to the two talk. “Of course dear [member="Gerion Ardik"] won’t take issue with selling to the Techno Union.” There was no need for her to be coy or pretend here. They were among friends. Tightly she gripped [member="Marek Starchaser"]s arm and held it there. “We’re all friends here…” and then she turned to Tyrin himself. “I of course am aware of your catalog. We’ve known each other for a long time. We met when I was just a girl, and you’re company has always put out some superb products” Stepping forward she laughed a little at her elderly companion. “So is this really the line you suggest for equipping a military force?”

"There are few governments presently standing that I respect. Abrion is one of those few, as such I am more than content to be the mainstay behind their droid army."

He turned to Sasha, who was now gripping Starchaser's arm as though it were the only thing keeping her from teetering over an edge. How romantic. "As you've said, we're all friends here. I am always truthful when dealing with friends. So I could not, in good conscience, recommend any other line of military droids by any other corporation. These are the best and brightest on the market."

Corey's OOC

[member="Sasha Santhe"]
[member="Gerion Ardik"]

Marek watched as Sasha retraced memory lane. He himself was interest in that Ardik was respecting the Abrion government and their Tion Hegemony Techno Union overlords. That was something he’d been wanting for a while, an army of Hegemonic Automaton war droids and the lawns of Roon taken care of by Hedgemonic Automaton’s droid weedwhackers.

As Sasha was now his chief of purchasing and everything, he nodded. “I always have said you’ve had great products. Would love to see what Haor Chall and Hegemonic could do to one another.” Crazy smart and snarky droid star fighters? “What are your thoughts, Sash—Ms. Santhe?” Right, sometimes he felt the need to not call her by her first name. Despite how she was grabbing his arm.

Sasha Santhe

With a quirk of an eye Sasha looked from [member="Gerion Ardik"] to [member="Marek Starchaser"]. "We're all friends here," she said, "please, call me Sasha. It is unnerving otherwise."A little shiver ran up her spine. “As for what I think. I believe firmly that Tyrin’s products are superior to any currently on the market. Although I must confess to wanting to see a Techno Union exlusive line. I’d be interested to see what creative new designs our dear friends production team could whip up.”

[member="Sasha Santhe"]
[member="Marek Starchaser"]

Well, far be it to pass up a chance for more money. Even if it meant clogging up his product listings with exclusive droids that few people would even consider purchasing. It made for good visibility, at any rate.

"I have been meaning to press for the production of droid starfighters. Perhaps Haor Chall can collaborate with such an affair." Gerion nodded to Marek. "As for the exclusive line... Well, the Talos and Mehrunes series will make excellent mainstays to the bulk of our armed forces. However, planetary governments and some of the other corporations in the Techno Union may require cheaper militia and law enforcement droids. These can be easily developed."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom