Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Fun Without Funds

Grudge punched various codes into his barely functioning data-logs. His lab hadn't been touched for 200 years and it showed now more than ever. However, the show must go on. "Money .. I'll be needing money to do any karking thing. But where? .. Who?" The grutt slithered through his flora-invaded laboratory, making way to his various communication devices. Slamming his tendril onto the activation button, a blue screen appeared. "Relay this message to [member="Zenva Vrotoa"]." Suddenly, the blue screen panned over him, recording him.

"Well hello there, Miss Vrotoa. I've come to you to schedule a meeting, on Rutan. I'd like to discuss whether or not you'd be interested in mutants. Droids can grow rather dull, wouldn't you agree? I'm proposing something new, something bold. To do this, funds will be needed. Should you find yourself interested in playing a role to my grand scheme, you need only meet me at the coordinates that have been relayed to you. Oh .., where are my manners. You may call me..

"Grudge..."

The Blood Matron watched the holo-recording for the fifth time. She couldn't believe she was actually going to meet with that abomination. But the prospect of an army of mutations at her disposal was something she couldn't simply ignore either.

When she arrived, she did so in force. Forty of her best warriors, half of her personal death dealers surrounding her as she made her way into the decaying facilities of the creature called Grudge. The technology here was old, the floors molded and the smell of decay was oppressive. What the frell am I walking into?

"Spread out. Stay sharp but don't engage anything unless fired on." She whispered into her comm device. Her Elites reacted instantly, slowly spreading into the room around her. "Grudge!" She yelled into the dim facility. "Where are you? I haven't got all day!"

[member="Grudge The Grutt"]

Grudge in all his slimy glory was seen going over various papers. Suddenly, he heard the many steps of Zenva and those affiliated with her. The collective steps gave him visions of the past. Ahh, money collectors. Anywho, this Grutt was sitting atop a large metal table with scattered papers and various scientific equipment. His pink tendrils dripped off the table, hanging there. "Graahahaa...so you actually came, [member="Zenva Vrotoa"]!" His loud voice boomed in the once empty lab, "Company, too? I see.." He grunted beneath his breath. "Pardon the filth. This is but a temporary base of operation. I'll cut to the chase as I'm sure you have much else to deal with. I've developed a business. Mutants and weaponry, the name of the game. Both of which cost credits to make, manufacture and deliver. I'm sure you see where I'm going with this.."

Zenva moved through the gloom to appear before the freakish creature called Grudge. All around him, from a dozen different angles, heavily armed warriors moved through the dim light to make their presence known. The Matron's eyes narrowed as she approached, listening to the beast speak.

She came to a halt two or three meters away from Grudge. She produced a cigarette from the pocket of her blood red trench coat, lighting it and inhaling before she spoke on the exhale, "I understand Grudge. You need credits." Her hand gestured around her to the centuries old facilities. "You need modern equipment and facilities to produce your weapons and... mutations was it? I understand rather well actually." She took several steps forward as she took another drag on the cigarette. "I was there once. The question is Grudge, what are you willing to offer in return?"

His bloodshot eyes brightened, cigarettes. The Grutt was used to a large pipe, but this would have to do. He mentioned for Zenva to pass him one as she stepped closer. If she complied, he'd light it and place it between his lips, taking a puff and letting the smoke rise from his mouth after he exhaled. Aaahh~ The Good stuff. "What can I offer you, huh? You'd be the sole reason I could start up mass-production. As such, you'd be supplied with a fleet of the first wave of mutants. Giant, strong and ..might I add, obedient. Admittedly, I know little of your history, Zenva. My company doesn't dabble in armor creations and thus you'd have to supply my mutants with armor. Nevertheless, you'd be allowed to test their effectiveness and from hence forth you'd be granted a gracious discount when purchasing more mutants for whatever your heart desires in the future." He took another puff, coughing lightly afterward.

[member="Zenva Vrotoa"]

She compiled with the creitature, handing it a cigarette and striking a lighter to light it for him. It was close enough to a Hutt in her eyes to be treated with a certain "reverence" due to such behemoths. She listened silently as he made his offer, her expression carefully neutral. "Tell me Grudge, can you guaranty the obedience of these mutations? Have you tested them?"

She began to circle the creature before her. Now and then she would pick up one of his papers, turning it over once or twice before setting it back in it's proper place. "I can provide armor for your creations and am more than happy to provide you with armor for more of your creations." She took another drag of her cigarette. "I do like your offer however. It's quite enticing."

Removed the cigar from his lips, grunting as Zenva prodded at his papers. Good luck deciphering the text, he thought. "Nothing in life is truly guarenteed, my dear, Zenva. However, I can assure you that you won't have issues with order compliance with these mutants. They've been instilled with a particularly serum that makes disobedience impossible. They've been tested, and mentally wired to do whatever you wish them to." He looked around, looking at [member="Zenva Vrotoa"]'s many affiliates. "If you will, provide me enough space and I'll show you .. and only you just what we're working with. Your dogs will have to wait here though, I'm afraid." The grutt leaped off the metal table, slithering himself past the guards with a single tendril beckoning for Zenva to follow. A large hatch was activated, "Just this way.."

The room was dark, a series of barely functioning lights offering a faint light for them as he walked inside. From inside, the two could see a series of fluid tanks, five in total and each containing a green being inside. They were floating within the fluid, currently unconscious. "Meet your future army, Miss Zenva. I've named them the 'Warrior Class' of Mutants. Durable, Physically superior beings. They stand at 8 feet tall, capable of laying waste to entire crowds of droids with their bare fists. You provide the means of armor and .. " He looked at Zenva, "You'd have quite a force to be reckoned with at your command. What design of armor did you have in mind for this particular line of warrior class mutants?

Zenva was far from a scientist, coded or not she likely wouldn't be able to make heads or tails of what was written on the papers she looked at. The amber Shadez sitting on the bridge of her nose however, didn't care about coding or scientific mumbo jumbo, they simply captured images, and sent a live feed of everything she looked at back to her command ship in orbit. If her teams of slicers and scientists determined something to be worthy of interrupting the Blood Matron, they would call. In the meantime her comm filled with protests as the warriors around her urged her not to go alone. She silenced them with a single gesture and followed the deformed slug into the darkness. Her Shadez took on a green tinge as their night vision filter activated in the steadily deepening dark.

She came to a halt before the tanks of fluid, eyeing the bizarre creatures floating inside. "They are certainly imposing." She commented absently as she began to circle one of the tanks. She stopped with a tank mostly between her and her host. "Tell me Grudge, how do they know who's orders to follow? If they obey with question how can you insure the enemy will not take command of them?" The Zabrak crossed behind another tank, peering at the mutated slug between the next two tubes. "As for their armor, simple heavy armor should suffice don't you think? Heavyweights like these will not be slowed terribly by the excess bulk."

Grudge managed a hearty chuckle, "Zenva, such precautions have already been taken, my dear. This facility underground serves me as more than merely a mutant generator. With the ever so dated technology, I've managed to individually wire their brains to possess encrypted codes in their minds which dictate who their masters will be. When you, or others request 'x' amount of these beauties, the codes in their brains will be specifically encrypted to you..or whom ever. The only issue is passing leadership, as they'd have to be returned to me in order to be re-wired. With better technology, this issue will subside." He paused, taking another puff before exhaling.

"However, for now, that is their only flaw. Surely one you can see past, Miss Zenva. After being produced, they are shipped and only awoken by the command of their master. They adhere only to there master. Whoever that may be. Respectively, each mutant will possess a code on their foot for identification. You needn't be worried with your opposition attempting to control these mutants. Upon purchase, they'd serve you, and only you, my dear."

Grudge slithered over to Zenva, looking up at her with his tendrils curled underneath him like a make-shift seat. "As for the armor, it will do for now. As mentioned before, with this additional means of defense, they will be more than a force to be reckoned with. Weapon, or no weapon." Grudge looked around himself in the dimly lit room. "Tell me..[member="Zenva Vrotoa"], would you care to see a mutant in action?" He questioned, his blood-shot red eyes trailing to one of the five fluid tanks with green behemoths floating within each one.

Zenva flashed a smile, all pearl white shark like teeth and malice. "Well Grudge, you certainly have thought of a clever way to ensure loyalty from your creations. I would have come up with something crude in comparison, an implanted explosive or something equally barbaric." She paused to take a drag of her cigarette, "I suppose that's the difference between a soldier and a genius though, don't you think?"

She studied one of the brutes in the tank before her for another moment. "Are you dedicated to this facility Grudge? I imagine it will be simpler to move your work to a modernized laboratory than it would be to strip this one and update the equipment. If you prefer it here, I understand. It will just take longer to have your creations produced in mass."

She stood eerily still as the abomination slithered it's way over to her. Something not unlike a flirtatious smile split her features as he made an offer to demonstrate his creatures. She leaned in low toward the mutated Hutt, her voice rolling with a husky purr, "You certainly know the way to a lady's hearts don't you Grudge? Let's see what your beasts can do without my armor."

Grudge chuckled, a cigar between his lips. ..Did he have lips? "How you flatter me, Zenva. I'm merely a man with a plan. As for this facility, it has certain..sentimental values. My first laboratory..where these mutants were designed, tested and produced after many centuries." His head lowered, quickly shaken off though as his blood-shot eyes trailed over to Zenva. "With the appropriate funds, I would be more than willing to relocate. I demand and require only the best, after all. This facility will simply die with the ages after my departure, I'd suppose." After Zenva's last words, the grutt chuckled, slithering his way to the command consoles positioned before one of the fluid tanks. "Well then..feast your eyes on.." He paused, punching in various commands before steam spewed from the tank before them, the automated tank slowly sliding open. "The new age.."

As he spoke, the green behemoth within the fluid tank tightened its grip, awoken from its unconscious state. "Of evolution! Grehahahaa!" It's sickly yellow eyes suddenly flashed open, looking directly forward, past Zenva and Grudge. The mutant would step from the fluid tank, stepping onto the ground whilst standing 2.4 meters tall. The behemoth took large breaths, arms slumped forward before reeling back to a proper posture and displaying its full height. "What is order ... Master?" It spoke in a deep, monstrous tone, looking over toward Grudge. "Quite the beauty, is it not, my dear? You being my first guess, I give you the option of choosing how it's might will be displayed. ...Well?" He awaited her response, his jumbled teeth curled into a sadistic grin.

[member="Zenva Vrotoa"]

The Zabrak's smile broadened before she straightened, again taking a long draw from her cigarette. "Nonsense Grudge," She said, smoke oozing lazily from her mouth. "It's rather ingenious." Her gaze traveled around the battered old laboratory and it's centuries old equipment. "I will personally see to it that you are giving a lab worthy of your brilliance Grudge. You will want for nothing. You have my word."

She watched quietly as [member="Grudge The Grutt"] unleashed one of his creations. The brute was impressive at say the least. She circled around the room to join Grudge near the command console. "I see you weren't in jest regarding their intellect." She commented offhand. "How complex of an order can it follow? Say for instance I had some of my men enter, would your brute be able to strip them of their weapons without killing them?"

Grudge lowered his head, chuckling momentarily before averting his blood-shot gaze to Zenva. "My dear, as said before, they adhere to your every command. Their brains are capable of mentally adapting to their orders to ensure the best possible result within their capability. This being primarily applicable toward combat, however. So yes, should your minions enter and I gave the command for a mutant to disarm it, the mutant's brain's single person would be to disarm, not kill. They are intelligent enough to distinguish that much of a different, Zenva."

He rose a tendril in the air, "However, should enough resistance be made and should your men prove too much of a treat to my health or its own health, I'm more than certain it'd take the necessary actions needed to ..'subdue' the target. Whether it be broken limbs, or blatant death." He nodded, taking another puff before coughing lightly. "Building upon what I said earlier, the mutants can adapt to war. Should its weapons be removed, it'd more than likely use the environment for make-shift weapons. Rocks, boulders, dropped weapons, etc."

"As for moving providing the means for my necessary upgrades, it is more than appreciated. However, should you take on this feat, know that I'd need more a mere lab. I'd need a medical facility, large aquatic sections for the potential aquatic line of mutants I'd produce. The list goes on I'm afraid. However, I won't be needing it all at once. Like the finer things in life, I'd be willing to build up to it. Your willingness to aid my work reach greater feats than ever before is more than enough, for now..[member="Zenva Vrotoa"]"

"Have you any more questions?"

Zenva nodded once, "Obedience and adaptability. I'm liking them more by the moment dear Grudge." Her hand rose and activated the comm built into her Shadez, "Charlie Leader. Take three men and converge on my position. Roit control only. How copy?" She paused while her order was repeated back to her. A vicious grin cut her features. "Four Zabrak won't be too much of a challenge when they are attempting to subdue the beast, will they Grudge?"

She stepped closer to the abomination smiling sweetly to the hideous creature. Her tone remained conversational despite having just ordered a group of her heavily armed and armored warriors to storm the room. "I meant what I said Grudge. You will want for nothing. I will see to it you are provided with extensive facilities to create any form of mutations you can imagine."

Grudge glanced over toward his Zenva, "Four? I'm assuming yourself included? Gehaha! That'd be a show. Sad to say I've eaten the remainder of my captives.." Grudge took in a large puff, his mouth mimicking a chimney afterwards. "We will certainly see, Miss Zenva. I only hope you don't mind the loss of a few men." Grudge replicated the action of clearing his throat, despite not having one. Then, and only then would the Grutt look over towards the mutant. "You will decimate anyone that dares come through that entrance."

"Miss Zenva here as well, should she wish to test your might. Do I make myself clear?" His tone grew dark as he barked the order, his grimace subsiding afterward. The stationary, towering mutant's gaze widened, his orders clear. He glanced toward the door, then directly at [member="Zenva Vrotoa"], yellow teeth exposed in a monstrous snarl. It's legs spread slightly apart, fists tightened in anticipation to carry out its orders to the letter. "Yes ..master."

As for Grudge, he pressed a certain button, something heard approaching them before long. It'd fly inside the dim-lit room, a hover chair. It'd stop directly before Grudge, himself placed inside within a minute or so. Suddenly, he was whisked into the air, floating above the potential battleground in a circling fashion. "You are ever so generous, my dear. Your generosity will not be forgotten. I will put what you provide me to good use, I assure you. I now only await to see how your men hold against the mutant."

Zenva watched the deformed slug load himself into a hover chair, making no move to aid him. Finally he rose into the air. The whole process was almost comical, almost. She turned to look at the mutant as Grudge gave it instructions. One hairless brow quirked up as the behemoth scowled at her. With exaggerated grace she set her rump on the edge of the command console behind her and folded one long leg across the other. Clearly she had no intention of joining the fray that was about to begin.

At the fair end of the lab, the door opened a small degree. There was a flicker of movement as the first Elite took to the deep shadows. A moment later the door was thrown open as the next three entered in a firing line, blaster rifles raised. The trio took several steps inside before they stopped, weapons sweeping the room.

War was about to break out.

Grudge's eyes flickered toward the first to tread amongst the shadows. The Grutt couldn't help but to grin. A hefty sniff was heard from the mutant, its sickly yellow eyes remaining stationary whilst wondering if something had made it inside. It could smell it, but couldn't see it. It was only until the door began to open did the mutant's eye widen, his orders ringing in his mind repeatedly. The Zabrak riot squad would be met with a massive bulk of green muscle charging their way. It's right shoulder was positioned forth, aiming to ram it against which ever was the closest, targeting the physical defense provided upfront and breaking through it with sheer force alone. Afterward, the mutant would grunt aloud, attempting to grip a single soldier before gripping the body, both hands, and hulking it into another or the others with an unrepresented spiral overcoming the body thrown with such brute force.

[member="Zenva Vrotoa"]

Zenva heard the comm chatter the moment the mutant rushed her men, though outside their armor their voices went unheard. At first there was a moment of confusion as the soldiers didn't quite understand what was rushing them. The group's Sergeant put a quick stop to the none sense as he stepped forward and started pumping bursts of stunning bolts into the charging behemoth. The mutant barely reacted, giving a loud grunt at the stinging bolts before ramming headlong into the Sergeant. The Zabrak warrior was thrown back and choas insued.

The two warriors at the door began firing. The mutant grabbing at one several times before finally catching the agile warrior. The brute took numerous hits in the attempt before turning and throwing the warrior at his comrade. The two impacted in a violent collision and feel to the ground.

A whistle sounded from the darkness, drawing the brute's attention away from the downed warriors. A Merr-Sonn C14a stun grenade rolled against the mutant's foot a fraction of a second before it detonated in a blinding flash of light and sound. The hidden warrior began advancing from the far side of the laboratory, his helmet instantly compensating for the flash and sound leaving him unharmed by it. His blaster rifle began pouring stun rounds at the mutant as he walked toward it.

Grudge witnessed his mutant in action, his tendrils foiled in anticipation. Zenva's forces seemed to prefer stun rounds as opposed to the more deadly stuff, and that he could appreciate. Her forces were grabbed, thrown and the like, but they had the advantage of strategy, numbers and weaponry. The hulking mass of green possessed glaring sickly eyes of that panned across the lab constantly, his objective ringing in his mind. It became his reason to operate, to live and to function. Thus, what numbing sensation the stun rounds certainly would bring were temporarily cast aside as it continued its onslaught.

This was the case, until however, a flash grenade blurred its vision. The grunting war machine would lower to one knee, holding a massive green arm over its face whilst rubbing its eyes. Shots began to pin themselves onto its body, more stun-rounds at that. Whatever it was that caught his attention from the shadows was now the main target. Thus, its arms slumped, its head bobbing low as it appeared to no longer be able to move properly due to the heap of stun-rounds.

As the once hidden warrior proceeded forth, they'd notice the brutes eyes were closed. It was stationary in every meaning of the word. It was only until the warrior dared come into close range that the mutant surged upward, aiming to grip the warrior by his leg. A brief spurt of combat adaptation was displayed. The mutant simply "played dead" and struck when most opportune. They were intelligent enough for even small tactics like these, at least.

It would be seen that despite its efforts of grabbing the soldier's leg, its free arm remained slump, as if non-functioning. It seemed the stun-rounds were starting to get the better of the beast. It wasn't invincible, after all. With a crushing grip around the leg, the mutant would raise itself and spin violently, aiming to hoist the body into the air and flung it in circles before launching it towards his comrades. Afterwards, a beastly roar would be heard. The beast charging with a slight limp and a numbed right arm toward the lot of them.

[member="Zenva Vrotoa"]

The warrior bore down on the mutant, rifle spitting stun rounds as he had been ordered to. The behemoth froze up, seemingly ceased by the effects of so many stun bolts. The soldier stopped firing, closing the gap slowly. He should have kept firing.

The mutant exploded into action again, taking hold of the warrior's leg in one meaty hand. Some grunting and struggling followed before the Elite was thrown bodily into his two comrades who had only just managed to stand. The trio crashed to the floor, weapons laying about them instead of in hands. Still the mutant rushed forward as best it could, intent on finishing the fight.

Zenva's lips peeled back in a vicious smile as she activated her comm, "Yes Sergeant. You may end the fight now."

The Strike Team Sergeant surged through the door to the laboratory once more, a new flash grenade rolling a step ahead of him. Even as the grenade went off in a blind flash the man produced a vibroblade from his belt. The blade every Elite carried was rather special for two reasons, when activated they produced no noise unlike most vibroweapons, they were also given to the Elite by Zenva herself as a gift when they joined her personal army.

The flash was intense though the Elite was unaffected thanks to his helmet. He dropped to a knee behind the big mutant, vibroblade spinning to slice through the meat of the creature's calf. The man didn't stop, he rolled away from the brute clearing it's reach in an instant. Slowed already by so many stun rounds the beast couldn't catch the nimble warrior in his first pass. The Elite turned back, drawing his heavy blaster pistol with his free hand and started pouring full strength blaster bolts into the mutant's uninjured leg. He never got within the beast's reach again, making use of old equipment to avoid the mutant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom