Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Nightfall - Darth Kentarch's Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
unknown.png
Intent: A personal weapon for Darth Kentarch
Image Source: Art by Peter Johnsson
Canon Link: N/A
Restricted Missions: N/A
Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: Darth Kentarch
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Darth Kentarch
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Cortosis

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Classification: Sword / Force-imbued blade
Size: One-handed
Length: 102 Cm
Weight: 1 Kg

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Lightsaber resistant, preternaturally strong and sharp, cutting through almost all materials aside from others metals. The Sword has a dark red force glow.
STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES
Strengths
  • Lightsaber Resistant: The Cortosis the weapon is made with can resist the blow of a lightsaber. Likewise, a lightsaber coming in contact with the blade will be deactivated.
  • Lethal: The sword's hexagonal cross-section and edges provide for an excellent and rigid thrust, but it also provides enough mass in the blade for devastating cuts.
  • Control: The grip is comfortable, and the weapon feels light in the hand. The ring on the crossguard allows for increased control when the index finger is slipped through.
Weaknesses:
  • Cutting Potential: The nature of this sword does not let it cut through metals like durasteel, unlike other force imbued weapons which can.
  • Flexibility: The blade is not as flexible, upon repeated strikes on armored opponents with reinforced metal armor the blade may bend out of shape and need to be serviced and repaired.
  • Deflection: This weapon unlike some Sith Swords or lightsabers, can't bounce blaster bolts back at the enemy.
DESCRIPTION
Forged by Kentarch in the same fashion as the weapons of the Legions of Lettow. Kentarch created a personal sword designed specifically to defeat lightsaber wielders. To accomplish this he used cortosis to short out enemy blades upon contact, allowing for quick and deadly thrusts to finish his opponent. The weapon is simplistic, there are no nonsensical aesthetics that provide no real advantages such as inscriptions or runes carved into it. Similarly there are no jewels, gems, or crystals embedded in the pommel, rain-gaurd, or any part fo the sword for that matter. The weapon fits nicely into a plain black leather scabbard that hangs on Kentarch's belt. The blade itself has a flat ricasso, a central fuller, hexagonal cross section, and broad blade that make the weapon stout and suitable for combat and not just for one on one duels. Finally as a side effect of being imbued with the force, it glows a dark red.

Netherworld

Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Netherworld

[member="Darth Kentarch"]

Darth Kentarch said:
Material: Cortosis
  • Might I recommend using a metal (like durasteel or similar) for the sword base and only have it layered with Cortosis? Because otherwise it will be extremely brittle:
    Cortosis ore was a very rare, brittle, fibrous material
  • You can, of course, keep it fully from cortosis, but then I'll have to ask you to add a Brittle weakness.

Darth Kentarch said:
Weight: .5 Kg
  • One-handed swords typically weigh 1 kg.

[member="Netherworld"]
Side Note: I just noticed (no joke) Thats someone else is using or tried using Nightfall as a name of a sword. I can change the name if required.

1 kg. Done

Netherworld said:
Might I recommend using a metal (like durasteel or similar) for the sword base and only have it layered with Cortosis? Because otherwise it will be extremely brittle: Cortosis ore was a very rare, brittle, fibrous material

This is kind why I force imbued the blade, as the process makes metal stronger via the force. As a weakness, I had it does not cut through metal, where force imbued weapons due in fact cut through metal with more effort. I can make this clearer, that it does not cut through metal, and make the blade less flexible as a compromise?

Netherworld

[member="Darth Kentarch"]

The name is fine, nobody has monopoly on that.

Darth Kentarch said:
I can make this clearer, that it does not cut through metal, and make the blade less flexible as a compromise?
  • That would work, yes.

[member="Darth Kentarch"] | [member="Netherworld"]

Darth Kentarch said:
Production: Unique
Darth Kentarch said:
Niche: When designed, this blade was made to Kentarch's specifications for use of one hand fighting styles. Since the grip is one-handed, it does not allow for comprehensive two handed styles.
Please remove this weakness. The weapon is unique. Therefore there is no inherent weakness in an item designed for a single person's use as it affects their ability to use it in no meaningful way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom