Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night Plight

The Under city of Nar Shaddaa. It was a place of constant darkness, overshadowed and swept under the rug by the towering skyscrapers on the city planets surface. It was truly a shame, for the lower sectors were so overrun with crime and corruption, that it was probably impossible for many people to leave such poverty behind. No wonder there were so many criminals, they were basically born into the business. That's where all the money was, after all. Standing atop one of the taller buildings in the area, Tugoro would gaze down at the many people wandering the streets, enjoying their carefree nightlife.

Not that the time of day mattered, for it was always dark in this place. There were, however, street lamps and several neon light signs that decorated nearly every block. Dressed in his usual civilian wear with a twist, the Jedi found himself donning a brown flowing cloak overtop of his brown leather jacket. It was an odd combination, but the Knight could not say he didn't like it. Flipping the hood over his head, Tugoro would continue to scan the area, wondering where he should begin his patrol.

[member="Aster"]

THERE he was! Aster suddenly shot downward, folding in her wings so that she shot through the air like a bullet. She was tailing after a brazen thief who had the gall to take her credit card. He was a fast little one, but he didn't have wings. Or the Force, for that matter. Vengeance shall be hers!​
She tackled the running figure to the ground, basically landing on them.​
"Did you really think you could steal from me?! Seriously, are you blind??!!"
[member="Tugoro Taidarious"]

A dark presence was about, and there seemed to be some sort of confrontation going on. Through the force, Tugoro had enhanced his hearing abilities, able to pick up on many things atop the building. Opening his eyes he had closed in order to focus, the young man would turn, walking with a purpose towards the buildings ledge. Hopping off of the rooftop, the Knight would descend quickly to the streets below, landing silently within a dark alleyway. He had to have some measure of caution, for the planet was not even under Republic control. Even so, not many authorities bothered to come to the lower levels. Walking along the wall in the shadows, Tugoro would peak his head around the corner, spotting @Aster. She was a strange looking humanoid, but Tugoro had seen a lot worse in his time. The youth would step from the alleys darkness, calmly walking over to the woman who appeared to have tackled a man. The Jedi seemed to give off a calming aura, which was no doubt due to the immense presence of his light side energy. Lifting an arm from underneath his cloak, Tugoro would swipe his hand through the air, releasing a burst of telekinesis which would precisely separate the two from one another.

The thief was dragged out from beneath the woman, now at the Jedi's feet. Hoping to get this done fast, Tugoro would peer into their minds briefly, sensing out their emotions and surface thoughts. Having a brief idea of what had happened, the Knight would flick his wrist once more, withdrawing the credit card from the thief's pocket. It would hover over to the woman, before being released from the Jedi's telekinetic grip. Exhaling, the youth would sigh in relief, figuring that had been a record time. Now the problem was solved, he would flee back into the night. Hesitating for a moment, Tugoro would look to the woman once more, staring at her face as he remembered why he had come here. So much for record timing, the problem hadn't even been solved! "Uh," the young Jedi began, looking down at the thief who was in complete shock, and the back to the demonic looking woman. He was genuinely confused, for was he to detain them both? It didn't really seem right.

Aster found herself being tossed backward by something. Another Force-User?! She caught herself by flapping her wings so that she was hovering above the ground. A boy had showed up. What was he doing?! IT WAS HER PROBLEM!!! She caught the credit card, slipping it back into her pocket. She hated it when people started sticking their noses in her business.​
"HEY! Give me my thief back, boy! He hasn't received proper punishment for his crime yet!"

Tugoro seemed a bit startled at first, not expecting the winged woman to suddenly yet at him. Frowning as he listened to [member="Aster"] call him a boy, the young Knight would cross his arms over his chest, obviously a bit insulted and disappointed. "I'm not a boy, thanks," the Jedi began, convinced that he was a man now. Sure, eighteen wasn't that old, but Tugoro had been journeying and training for so long on his own, how could he consider himself otherwise? Looking down at the thief, the cloaked young man would give him a stern and ominous look, making sure that he didn't have thoughts of running anytime soon.

However, it was not like Tugoro himself could hand the thief over, for they were in Techno Union territory. Upon hearing the winged woman demand her thief back, the Jedi could not help but appear confused. "I can't allow that," he would state firmly, making sure the woman knew she wouldn't get away with whatever she had planned. The young man wanted to make sure the thief got a fair trial, and he was sure that was not apart of the bright haired woman's plan.

Honestly, the nerve of humans! Aster glared down at the boy, her pink eyes glowing in the darkness.​
"You have no right to deny me my vengeance, boy!"
She outstretched her hand. The thief was suddenly pulled upward and away from the stranger. She caught him by the back of his shirt, and then proceeded to start flying away with him.​
[member="Tugoro Taidarious"]​

Tugoro would lift his arm, slapping himself in the face after watching the thief lift up into the air. He had known that [member="Aster"] was a force sensitive, though kept on forgetting due to her distracting appearance. Seriously, those wings were something else. "All he did was take your credits!" The Jedi would call out, bending down close to the ground as the woman began flying away. Fearing what the dark sider might have in store for the unfortunate thief, Tugoro would begin to gather force energy into his legs, allowing him to launch high into the air in pursuit of Aster.

After leaping upwards, the Knight would exert a stream of telekinetic energy from his feet, causing his body to shoot forward as if he had wings himself. Traveling with much speed and agility, Tugoro would appear behind the woman midair, extending his arms in an attempt to wrap them around her waist. If this was done, he would begin to pull downwards, aiming to alter her flight path and have the entire trio crash land on a nearby rooftop.

Aster felt the boy's arms suddenly grab her waist. The feeling was so startling that she actually dropped the thief. He plummeted to the ground as the other two plummeted to a rooftop.​
"What the HELL is wrong with you??!! YOU JUST MADE ME KILL HIM, YOU JUVENILE LITTLE BASTARD!!!"
She screamed at the Force-User. She wasn't even planning to kill him. But it was a bit late for that now!​

Tugoro had actually accounted for such a thing, expecting as much to happen. The Knight was skilled in his use of telekinesis, and was even able to employ it at large distances. After slamming into the duracrete rooftop, the young Jedi's mind would begin to calm, allowing the force energy he had manipulated to slowly disperse. A thin tendril of telekinetic energy had managed to wrap itself around the thief before he impacted with the ground, preventing his untimely death. Not that the fall had been that high up anyway, though he still would've gotten seriously hurt if not for him intervening. Even so, he probably had a broken leg from the whole ordeal, Tugoro had just managed to save the man some pain. He figured that would teach him not to steal from others.

Having landed on his back, Tugoro could not help but groan in mild pain, releasing the grip he had on [member="Aster"]'s waist before moving the woman off of him gently. It was tempting to shove her off, though he understood she was yelling only due to shock. "He's fine, don't worry," the Jedi spoke, telling only a half truth. "What were you planning on doing, anyway? I'd say he got off easy." Tugoro concluded, slowly sitting up and dusting himself off. His hood had fallen off due to the collision, now revealing his identity.

Aster's glare continued.​
"You assumed I was going to torture him and then kill him, didn't you?! It's because I have a minor criminal record, isn't it?! ISN'T IT??!!"
She spat. She got arrested a few times for stealing food. And a couple times for roughing up rich people who were abusing their servants. That was it. She'd never gone out and intentionally killed anyone for something as petty as stealing her money. All she'd been intending to do was scare him! The horned angel got to her feet.​

Shaking his head from side to side, Tugoro would begin to slowly stand up as well, just as [member="Aster"] did herself. Listening to her strangely worded accusation, the young Knight could not help but stifle a laugh, before getting serious once more. "I didn't assume that because of a minor criminal record," the Jedi began, not even knowing anything about the woman in the first place. He had been unaware of her past, but it did help him gain a bit of insight on her character. "If anything, it'd be because of your dark aura," Tugoro spoke, having the need to point such a thing out.

Even though he had felt the darkness within her, it wasn't to such an extreme degree, for the Knight could still tell that she was fairly sane. "He didn't need to be scared anymore than he already was. I don't think he'll be pulling anything foolish after that." Tugoro would conclude, continuing to brush some dust from his brown cloak. Examining the woman briefly, the youth's emerald gaze would return to her own pink glowing pair. "Are you okay?" He questioned, wanting to make sure she was fine after the fall.

Aster crossed her arms. This boy... He was very frustrating. It was like he refused to stay angry, which in turn made it harder for her to stay angry. Typical for a Jedi, no doubt.​
"My aura is of no concern of yours! And.... Yes. I'm fine."

"Good, good," Tugoro would repeat to himself mostly, glad that no one had gotten hurt. Much. The falling thief had most definitely attracted some attention, and the young Jedi had little doubt that Techno Union authorities would be looking into the incident. "If you're going around pulling stunts like that, it is my concern," he replied, making it clear that he was not a fan of intimidation and the likes. Exhaling quietly, Tugoro would focus on staying in control, able to feel [member="Aster"] also calming down as well. "We should probably leave the area.

Authorities will be here soon to investigate, probably," The Jedi spoke, second guessing his statement right after it came out of his mouth. This was the Undercity, even if the authorities were to arrive, it would take a long time. "Or we could hang around. What are you, anyway?" Tugoro would question boldly, quite intent on finding out more about the horned angel.

Aster's hands balled into fists.​
"What's that supposed to mean?! You don't just go up to someone and blurt out 'what are you'! That's extremely rude!!"
It was also as bit of a sensitive subject in her case. Mainly because she'd spent 130 years trying to answer that very same question.​

Tugoro was getting a bit annoyed by [member="Aster"]'s constant yelling. Still, the young Jedi could not help but laugh at what the woman had to say. He had always been yelled at for his lack of manners and understanding of social norms, but now he was smart enough to realize how he acted, it was a real kicker.

"Sorry, okay? How else do I put it, though? You're unlike anything I've ever seen." Tugoro spoke truthfully, interested in the woman despite her dark aura. The Knight would get around to finding out what he wanted to know, but right now he had to keep Aster around. "I'm Tugoro, by the way."

Aster huffed a little. Well, at least he apologized about it. Most people don't even go that far.​
"I'm.... Aster."
She flapped her wings a little, shaking them out from the fall.​

Tugoro could tell that [member="Aster"] was still a bit annoyed. The right move had been made however, for the Jedi's usual approach most likely would have gotten him into a fight. After apologizing, Tugoro would give the woman a slight and brief bow, hoping to be polite while also keeping up with his Jedi traditions. "Nice to meet you," he spoke, watching as she flapped her wings. "Are you sure you're okay?" The young man would question, unsure if the woman's pride would allow her to admit anything else.

Even though he had tackled and insulted one that carried a dark aura with them, Tugoro was surprised to find himself not being tossed off the building. There was something more to this winged beauty, the Knight could feel it through the force. Her presence was dark, though just the slightest tinge of light could be sensed. "What's your story, anyway?" The youth would ask, wanting to learn more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom