Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice running into you...

Slow steps brought the tired handmaiden down the quiet nighttime street, just outside the Theed Marketplace. It was quite late, but Valya was not surprised to see the flickering lights down the rows of merchants, and a few patrons still browsing their wares. The hem of her long cloak swept along the dusty ground as she moved swiftly towards the marketplace, with her eventual destination being the palace. Tonight she blended in with the crowd, clad in simple black training clothes, not one of the ornate gowns that were a signature of the royal handmaidens. It was unusual for Valya to be out at such an hour, but she had felt the need for a training session. It's true that the handmaidens were confidants to the Queen, but also served to protect her when necessary.

Most days Valya ran the obstacle course at the compound without much difficulty, not to say that it wasn't challenging, but tonight she was a bit off her game. She'd managed to take a hit to the shoulder by the training droid's blaster and then suffered a tumble off the balance beam as a result. Nevertheless, she walked as gracefully as her body would allow, given the soreness that was starting to set in. The events leading up to the blaster hit were racing through her mind and she couldn't help but feel disappointed in herself. Valya paused for a moment and took a deep breath of the cool night air, trying to let her mind grow quiet. She dropped her hood, revealing long black hair that was tied into a simple bun, and brown eyes that had grown a bit weary.

As she continued through the market place she could see Theed Palace rising on the horizon, but for some reason she didn't feel like returning just yet. If she went back to her room now, she knew she would only spend the night awake, recounting her shortcomings.

"Just a few minutes more..." she whispered to herself.

Valya found herself near a small booth that was filled to the brim with beautiful textiles, her dark eyes scanned the myriad of colors and patterns. For a brief moment, a smile tugged at the corners of her mouth and she turned to move on, but ran right into another person. Reflexes took hold of her and she spun away from them quickly, moving with the swiftness of a dancer.

"My apologies... I should be more careful." She said in a calm voice, as she looked up to the person she'd just collided with.

"Don't apologise, it's my fault, I was distracted by how amazing this place is..." said Ethan as his eyes glanced around the area for a moment before his gaze turned back to Valya. He looked down at her attire, unable to identify her status or who she was by the black training clothes. It didn't matter anyway. "What's your name?" he asked with a smile, showing he was friendly and meant no harm. Ethan got to leave his home planet a lot more often than he did before, since one day soon he would have to rule Bestine, and he still had a lot to learn.

The prince wore simple black trousers and a white shirt with a royal blue sash tied around his waist, matching the clothes of his guard. He didn't care for formality and was often told that he needed to take responsibilities and show it. "I'm Ethan." he said as he held out his hand to the handmaiden.

[member="Valya Croice"]

Window shopping on quiet streets appealed to Ilia especially on a world that she knew little about and yet had such a prominent place in the politics of the galaxy.

Ilia was dressed simply today in a beautiful sari of teal edge in the color of gold, she covered her head, shoulders with a black wrap that hung to her waist, on her feet gold colored gladiator sandals, that revealed perfectly painted toes in the color of light pink.

She moved slowly from window to window looking in; taking in tiny details that perhaps others would not bother to. Such as how the use of a simple black cloth pooled around a rainbow gem ring brought up the colors of the ring, add in a light tilted at just the right angle and the small display became a prism of color.

Such an extravagance one that she would not be indulging in, however the smell of something exceptionally sweet floated towards her. Then walking as if an invisible hook was towing her along she moved towards the smell, within a few windows, had caught her she was rewarded. She looked upon something round made of some kind of cake, with a hole in the center, covered in melted sugar.

Her mouth watered she looked in there were no lines, with a broad grin and a feeling of happiness growing inside her she entered the little shop and bought three of the cakes the woman had talked her into a drink. A strong tea to cut the sugar she suggested. Exiting she immediately looked for a quiet place to sit and enjoy her unhealthy treat.

It was then she could hear other voices, she cautiously looked around spotting [member="Ethan Matumaini"] and [member="Valya Croice"] now the question that arose, did she approach, and invite, or did she wait there were no pressing crowds. She looked down at her confections OH they might think her. Slovenly

Valya was a bit taken aback by the young man, not at all the response she had been expecting. She gave a curt nod in response, figuring that this must be his first visit to Theed. Valya turned to take leave of the sightseer, but paused mid-step when he asked her name.

“My name is Valya.” She answered simply.

She listened as he introduced himself and watched as he extended his hand to her. “I’m pleased to make your acquaintance, Ethan.” Valya said, taking his hand briefly to return the friendly gesture.

She was often standoffish and cautious when it came to people she didn’t know. However, after a quick appraisal, she deemed that he was not a likely threat. Valya let her stone-like expression grow slightly more welcoming, as she offered a small smile. Ever vigilant, she felt eyes upon her and turned to see a woman in very beautiful and elaborate dress standing nearby. She noticed the pastry in her hand and how she seemed to be contemplating her next move.

“Someone you know?” She asked, looking back at Ethan and giving a nod in the other woman’s direction

[member="Ethan Matumaini"] , [member="Ilia Basu"]

Ethan smiled and shook her hand, he was used to meeting new people. "That's a pretty name." he said quietly. He thought for a moment, trying to think what her job could be. He decided not to assume anything and just ask her politely. "What's your occupation?" he asked with a smile. Ethan was generally very friendly and charming, especially when meeting new people. The demeanour often wore off with time though.

Ethan's eyes followed Valya's to Ilia and stared at the woman in a rather exquisite dress. It was common for him to see people wearing such clothes daily, so he saw it as nothing unusual. "No.." he said, somewhat unsure. He was very bad at remembering faces, maybe he had met this person before, then again, maybe not. He snickered at the pastry she was holding, despite his status, he could still be childish.

[member="Valya Croice"] [member="Ilia Basu"]

She was frozen to where she stood, they were both looking her way. She looked down gathering her courage, well her voice she would have to find. She relaxed letting her shoulders drop to a more relaxed position.

She offered the cake, and smiled. It was one way to make friends, letting them eat cake? It was still a small group and the walkway was still mostly empty, so this should be a cake walk right?

She had cake on the brain, maybe something, easy as pie? she shook her head, "You" she paused, "just need to bring a drink" She waited. Was it enough of an invitation, it was one of the better ones she had done on her own, off the cuff like this. She hoped she was not intruding, oh, she had not that of that oh she hoped there was no egg on her face.

[member="Ethan Matumaini"] [member="Valya Croice"]

Valya couldn't help but smile when Ethan complimented her name, she couldn't deny that he was charming. She watched him carefully, it seemed that he was curious, searching for something just beyond the surface. Valya was never one to divulge more information than she had to, it was always a better practice to keep certain details wrapped up tight, until trust could be established. When Ethan asked about her occupation she decided to skim past the details, she didn't want to jeopardize the Queen's safety by revealing her true position.

"Oh, you could say that I do a bit of everything." Valya shrugged. "I work over that way." She said, pointing in the general direction of the palace, but she could have been referring to a great many businesses in that area.

She was hoping that would be enough information for now, and that he wouldn't press her further. Almost on cue, the woman in the lovely sari provided a much needed distraction. Her dark eyes flickered down to the woman's offering of cake, and she had to admit that she was a bit hungry. Valya's nature was quite reserved, she'd lost contact with most of her friends after she entered the palace. Perhaps it would be nice to sit and have a conversation for once.

“It’s very kind of you to share with us.” She said, turning to the woman. “My name is Valya, and this is Ethan.” She gestured to the young man next to her. “May we know your name?”

[member="Ilia Basu"] [member="Ethan Matumaini"]

"You work by the palace? I was going to go there later. I only do politics really, but I have to, given the status I'm in." he shrugged, also not exactly specifying what his profession was either. Most people got the wrong idea when he told them who he was, so he often just left it for them to find out themselves, and besides, he didn't want to be seen as conceited. Though the guard that followed him around could've been a hint, they wore the same clothes and could just as easily be two friends travelling together, which they were too. His guard wasn't particularly old either and was only a few years older than Ethan which further kept the illusion. "You don't need to be afraid of me, I am not a threat." he said in reassurance as though he could feel the tension.

"That's very generous of you." he said, giving a curt nod to the other woman in a sari. Ethan was always polite to everyone with no exceptions.

[member="Valya Croice"] [member="Ethan Matumaini"]

Ilia nodded, conversation not her strong suit when it came to strangers. "I am Ilia" She smiled genuinely reminding herself that this would get easier with practice. "I did not mean to intrude upon your evening, I just happen to cross your paths."

Ilia moved to find a place to sit, "Please sit...tell me of yourselves." She breathed and relaxed yes this was easier..

"It is nice to meet you, Ilia." She nodded. "You did not intrude, Ethan and I had only just met."

Valya smiled as they moved towards a small seating area and had a seat. Training had taken more out of her than she'd realized, it felt nice to be still and rest for a change. The handmaidens were a tight-knit group, however, Valya was quite new and still learning to fit in with them. She did have to admit that it felt nice to meet some new people and not have to worry about how she may be viewed.

"I was born and raised on Naboo, not far from the palace, in fact." Valya said. "Have either or you been to Naboo before?" She asked, looking from Ilia to Ethan.

[member="Ilia Basu"] [member="Ethan Matumaini"]

Ethan followed and slid into a seat rather ungracefully. "Mhmm, I've been to Naboo before. It's beautiful and it's so much prettier than my home planet, Bestine." he said.

"I was born and raised on Bestine, it's an aqaucultural planet." he said, fiddling with the hem of his shirt. He gave his guard a look which could only mean one thing, the guard left them alone reluctantly. Luckily Erik was a similar age to Ethan so they'd just look like two friends, which of course they were as well.

[member="Valya Croice"] | [member="Ethan Matumaini"]​
"I am from Phelarion it is quite far from here." Ilia could not help but notice the looks that Ethan was giving to someone, since she had grown up around body guards most of her life she had seen those looks. Sometimes a gesture was more natural than a look, most would not notice a gesture.

"Mining, my family has done mining for generations. I am also an only child, I did have a brother but unfortunately he is believed to be dead." Ilia took a piece of donut, "I'm not allowed these" she held it up, "when I am home" She laughed.

"Naboo is very beautiful, I like the Lake Country most of all, so much water, green, lush, I could live there forever. So do you both work here on Naboo?" Ilia wasn't sure how to go about figuring things out unless she asked. So she gathered her questions.

A man could be seen wondering around looking at various stalls, not looking at the wares but just staring. He was wearing what seemed to be a very expensive shirt and tie. The shirt was tucked into some checked pyjama bottoms, and he wore a pink dressing gown as a sort of trench coat.

Slowly the man wondered up to the small group and began to stare at the donut as Ilia ate it. "I'm aloud that." Simon said quietly as he was still staring at the donut, his neck twitched slightly along with his arm. Simon then let out a quiet laugh to himself.

[member="Ilia Basu"] [member="Ethan Matumaini"] [member="Valya Croice"]

"No, I work on Bestine, or well... Coruscant." he said slowly. "I'm not allowed a lot of things, I'm a Prince." he said with a small smile.

Ethan couldn't help but stare at the man that approached with a ludicrous attire, he had never seen anyone quite like it. The man's neck and arm twitched, suddenly signifying uncertainty. Not feeling particularly safe, Ethan backed into the safety of his guard who was always at hand with weapons.

[member="Simon Crell"] [member="Ilia Basu"] [member="Valya Croice"]

Valya listened intently when Ilia and Ethan explained their backgrounds. She had never been to Ilia’s home world of Phelarion, she was indeed a great distance from home. Her dark eyes shifted to Ethan as he revealed that he was Prince of Bestine, now his curiosity made sense. It was likely not very often that he was allowed to visit other worlds.

She laughed too when Ilia said that she was not allowed sweets at home, they were a treat that Valya only indulged in on occasion as well. Though, her gaze shifted as she heard an unfamiliar voice and she looked up to see a man. Valya could only think to describe him as eccentric; he had the look of someone that had lived a very different life. He seemed on edge, and something about him set off the warning signals in her mind.

“The pastries are quite good.” Valya said to the stranger in a calm tone. “They are from the bakery, just over there.” She nodded in the direction of the small shop.

Valya rose slowly, taking care not to make any sudden movements. She noticed that Ethan had already backed away towards his guard, a good decision. She looked to Ilia, and she flashed a reassuring smile.

“I’m sorry, but we were just about to head home now…” She said to the stranger. It was her goal to get Ethan and Ilia away from this man, without causing a scene.

[member="Ethan Matumaini"] [member="Simon Crell"] [member="Ilia Basu"]

[member="Simon Crell"] | [member="Ethan Matumaini"] | [member="Valya Croice"]

Ilia smiled at the man approaching his behaviour was a bit odd "I'm sorry I don't have anymore I gave them away" Slowly she stood up it had been a mistake to come out without [member="Remy Steele"] or a guard. She had only wanted to explore.

She looked to Ethan and Valya, "yes the hour is late" she looked at Simon , "are you ok?" Even as she took a step away. "Perhaps we can meet tomorrow?" She asked Ethan and Valya, "I'm going sailing"

She was growing afraid too many new things at once. She didn't feel well. Oh goodness she thought

"I don't need them. I can't afford the carbs." The man seemed to get defensive, as if Ilia had offeneded him. Simon would sake his head. Although he was insane, he could still read the mood of a certain group. He began to walk away nodding his head. "How many fingers do I have left?" He held his hand in front of his face. "Ahh! Seven!" Although clearly there were five fingers on each hand.

He left the small market place and began to curl up and sleep on some distant street or allyway.

[member="Ilia Basu"][member="Valya Croice"] [member="Ethan Matumaini"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom