Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Rule on New Canon Items

As we all know, the next Star Wars movie comes out on the 18th of this month. We are all totally psyched for it, and can't wait to see it.​
Due to this movie's release, we can also guess that there will now be a lot more canon items floating around from it. Stuff like Kylo Ren's mask, his lightsaber, and even that cool little droid that rolls around on some sort of fancy ball. As soon as some of us are done seeing it, we'll want these interesting new trinkets. The night of its release, people will have already begun quests to find Kylo Ren's favorite pair of socks.​
I'm proposing we instate a rule that'll give everyone an equal shot at getting these things. A lot of us didn't get tickets in time, and we'll be watching it a little while after it's come out. By then, all the new shiny stuff will be gone. Some of us will need to resort to spoilers *gasp* in order to have a fair shot at something like this.​
I think the staff should set a date where it's fair to say a lot of us have seen the movie, and not allow anyone to claim the new items until that date. This will reduce IC and OOC drama by a reasonable margin, saving us from a lot of fuss. Plus, we already have a rule against spoilers. Why not just add on to it a bit, seeing as how getting stuff like this would sort of be a spoiler itself?​
Just my 2 cents.​

Lord Ajihad said:
Stuff like Kylo Ren's mask, his lightsaber, and even that cool little droid that rolls around on some sort of fancy ball.
Didn't someone go after Kylo Ren's Lightsaber already? Like, isn't that an ongoing quest? I also thought someone was going after BB-8 as well.

I know the entire First Order is based on info that hasn't been fully clarified (And Probably won't be in one movie).

So my question, for those threads that I might already be started, what happens to them? I think you might be over thinking it. Vader's Lightsaber is unclaimed. As is a large number of Orginal Trilogy canon items. The Millennium Falcon is unclaimed.

Kylo Ren is a known character, so his stuff will be pretty known.

But there's a number of other characters that none know about yet. I do agree. To prevent spoiling, no going after this sort of stuff. But for items like BB-8, I dont really see the issue. We all know who that is already.

It's a good idea but like what was said above some people are already hunting and speculating. They're on going quests till the information is available in canon. It's too much to regulate when it's already be done and too specific. The rule remains the same, but until there is information provided from the mouse and co. They cannot be submitted until they can provide the right information for the template.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
I'm pretty sure somebody out there has already gone an epic quest for [member="Spencer Jacobs"] unmentionables. Naturally, once it was approved by the Factory Judge, she lost all say in wearing underwear ever again.

*shakes fist*

Will the injustice never end. :(

Draco Vereen said:
The Millennium Falcon is unclaimed.
J3fj1vuiAVbri.gif

I did not know this...

I'm inclined to agree with [member="Darth Adekos"] here. We know practically nothing about most of these items, even the ones in the trailers. What if that little robot blows up? What if Kylo Ren's lightsaber gets sliced in half and falls into the lavas of Mustafar? Do we tell the writers that just finished their 100-post dev thread that it was all for nothing, or do we simply ignore it and move on?

There's a lot we don't know yet, and I think we should at least wait until we know what's what before we let the eager beavers loose on every item that appears in the movie.

Lord Ajihad said:
What if that little robot blows up? What if Kylo Ren's lightsaber gets sliced in half and falls into the lavas of Mustafar? Do we tell the writers that just finished their 100-post dev thread that it was all for nothing, or do we simply ignore it and move on?
  1. Re-assemble it a la Threepio
  2. Say he had two lightsabers.
  3. Yes.
  4. Maybe.

Justinian Atreides

J
[member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]

You could come and try to liberate me of mine. No promises of success, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom