Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Never Wear the Same Outfit Twice

Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Wearing
: xxx

It was lunchtime. That meant Thelma was in the mess hall with the other students at the Temple. She sat alone at a table near the back of the room, surrounded by plates piled high with nutrient-rich foods. The amount of food might seem improbable for such a little woman to eat, but it was necessary for her. The cafeteria regulars were used to the sight and no longer took much notice of her unique diet. After all, there were plenty of other species who needed a high caloric intake.

She was on her third plate when she sensed someone approaching. At first she thought they were just passing through, but then she got a whiff of intention. No, they were headed her way...

Shan was surprised when he saw the plates of food piled up towards the rear of the room, but it wasn't something he'd be too bothered with. If people had a big appetite, that was up to them. Everyone had their own different biological needs, and just because he didn't eat too much didn't mean everyone had to. The cafeteria wasn't completely familiar to him, since Shan liked to wander out onto the streets to have his lunch at various different diners and restaurants to support the local population so he obviously wasn't used to the sight of Thelma's lunch.

Either way, Shan cleared his throat carefully as he reached Thelma's table, before giving a rather nervous wave and a small smile. "Erh...Thelma, right? I'm Shan. It's a pleasure to meet you." The Mirialan held his hand out towards the woman, keeping a smile on his face as he was being as polite as he could be. "I heard that you make clothes for people sometimes?"

Thelma Goth Thelma Goth

Thelma's eyebrows rose as a Mirialan boy walked over to her table. She swallowed the last bite of nuna and grabbed a napkin to wipe her mouth just as he addressed her.

"Erh... Thelma, right?"

"Yes?" she almost squeaked.

"I'm Shan. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Y—I mean, the pleasure is all mine." Blushing a bit, she stood up and extended a hand.

"I heard that you make clothes for people sometimes?"

"All the time," she said. "Do you want clothes?" They always did.

Shan kept an awkward smile on his face when Thelma asked if he wanted some clothes. From what he heard, she didn't really charge Jedi for it. Whilst that was great for Shan, it did seem a bit too...parasitic in his eyes. She was putting time and effort into something for Shan, whilst he wasn't giving her anything in return.

So the Mirialan sat himself down at Thelma's table carefully, before giving a short nod in her direction. "I would like some clothes, yes. But I'd also like to pay for them in some way. Be in giving you some of my time to converse and talk. To help you train in some way, or just to help you out in the future." He rubbed the back of his neck as he spoke, letting out a small sigh. This was probably stupid either way. "You're putting effort and thought into the clothes you'll be making, so I only want to return the energy put in."

Thelma Goth Thelma Goth

"Oh! I've always been a bit studious. What homework do you need help with?" Ironically enough, even if Thelma was joking about it, Shan wouldn't realise. He nearly always took people seriously and at their word. Though he did frown when she asked what he would like her to make.

"Well...I was thinking of having something more casual but still as useful as Jedi robes? Some kind of jacket that can help with the elements, but aalso has pockets for me to store small things in, like a datapad or something. I was also thinking of a neat little belt to hold my lightsaber in, alongside my blaster. Oh! And some trousers that have a few pockets. I want to be able to store some medical equipment in them. It'd be a lot easier than carrying a satchel filled with the stuff."

Shan rambled slightly on about the stuff he wanted, before blinking slightly and giving another small and awkward smile in Thelma's direction. He felt bad about going into so much detail about what he wanted. It was just the fact he had never really had a huge interest in fashion, but now that he could potentially have something useful to wear? It would be perfect.

Thelma Goth Thelma Goth

"Oh. That's...a bit harder to explain than I thought it would be. I mostly focus on moving meditation." He gave a small chuckle at that, rubbing the back of his neck. Looks like he'd be less helpful than he had hoped.

Though once Thelma asked him to draw what he wanted, the Padawan nodded, pulling out his datapad to start getting to work with some rough sketches.
"Don't worry if you're not familiar with it. I'd be happy with anything at the end of the day. Not picky...Okay. Here's what I had in mind for the jacket, my belt and the pants."

Thelma Goth Thelma Goth

Thelma didn't mind. She didn't really want him to pay her for the clothes anyway. "Perhaps you could pay me back sometime in the future?" she suggested. "I could call you in for a favor when I need it."

She looked at his datapad screen, flicking through the images. "Lovely," she said. "Send these to me. It will take some time to make all three, and I do have a couple other projects to complete before yours. But no longer than, hm... three weeks?"

Shan nodded at that. "Sure. I'll always be willing to help out. It's what I do best." He broke out into a grin at that, giving Thelma a small thumbs up before letting her look over the datapad, listening to her explain that it would take around three weeks, and the Mirialan just nodded at that.

"Take your time. There's no rush with it. I have the classic Jedi robes for now. It's better than nothing." He brushed down his robes at that, keeping the smile on his face. They were pretty comfy but he was starting to want make his own identity in the Jedi Order, instead of just blending in.

Thelma Goth Thelma Goth

"Oh. I've...never really had to take my own measurements. Just kinda wore hand-me-downs back on Nar Shaddaa." Shan shrugged his shoulders, rubbing the back of his neck. "I suppose you should do it then. I don't want to get anything wrong." It would be his luck for him to measure himself and end up getting the measurements too big, and getting an oversized jacket or something.
Thelma Goth Thelma Goth

"All right. Stand still..." She unrolled the tape and held it up to his shoulders, around his waist, one bicep, and so on. "Now I'm going to measure your inseam for the pants," she explained as she crouched down in front of him and laid the end of the tape against his thigh. If anyone in the lunchroom shot them any funny looks, she was either oblivious or ignored them.

"There." She stood up. "I have all I need."

Shan stood as perfectly still as he could, making sure to hold his breath at the same time. Whilst Thelma may have not been paying attention to anyone in the lunchroom giving them strange looks, Shan just gave them all a small wave. He didn't want too be too awkward...Though now that he thought of it, waving was probably more awkward. Oops.

"Awesome. I can't wait to see what erh...clothes-making magic you can do! I know that's the wrong term but I don't know the right one."

Thelma Goth Thelma Goth

"Sewing. Yes. That. Sorry. I'm not much of a...creative person." Shan nodded, giving a small smile in response to it. He leaned more towards meditation and reading, than anything involving the arts. Maybe he should try to pay a bit more attention to those kinds of things now that he thought about it.

Thelma Goth Thelma Goth

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom