Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Never Make a Lady Wait

kYQMP3l.png

// Inquisitor Fordyce //
//
Dromuund Kaas, Tower Vandiir //
// Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim //

Black nails gently tapped against the Echani's chin to the rhythmical patterns of the rain tapping on the glass of Tower Vandiir. The motion wasn't even intentional, a habit that was drawn out of deep meditative thoughts as she sat in the couch waiting for Lord Vandiir. In summarisation, Jorryn had become extraordinarily bored waiting in the office for his elegance to emerge. A ritual that had become wearily as the Knight-Inquisitor's meetings with the Dark Councillor had continued to grow onwards, hopefully culminating in a prosperous relationship for the both of them. The Echani was so close to the title of Lord Inquisitor that she had almost begun signing her holo-messages as such.

It certainly didn't feel as such as Jorryn sat here waiting, her only companions the drinks that she had consumed and a few Zeltron butlers that had become more and more tempting as time's arrow marched forwards.

The meeting had been set up between the pair awhile in advance through both of their assistants, and a man as well put together as Adrian would know better than to keep a woman like Jorryn from leaving. As much as he'd hate to admit it, her offer was an irrefutably tempting one. All that was left was to hammer out the bumps. Another sip of the drink eased the Echani's annoyance somewhat, but she'd rather not turn up to their meeting drunk. Admittedly, Vandiir had a... suaveness that she would normally appreciate, so she'd rather avoid being inebriated in a room alone with him.

But that didn't stop her from drinking the boredom away.

"I'm sorry, my Lady." A nervous Zeltron stepped out from a separate room, hands wringing themselves as he cautiously spat out the words to the impatient Sith Knight glaring at him from across the room. "But Lord Vandiir actually..." A quick look up reaffirmed him of the angry amber glare that he felt burning a hole into him. "He's uhmm... he's actually out at the moment. This meeting was misscheduled due to happenings on Mygeeto and Muunilist." His body language clearly told Jorryn that he was afraid for his life, and as tempting as it was Jorryn had little to gain from ending the man here. Negotiations with Adrian probably wouldn't go as smoothly if she murdered the help.

"Then I was never here as well." Cloak fluttering as she made her way off the couch, hand breaking the spine of the glass in half out of frustration. "And if he hears I was.... Well let's just say I have a thing for faces, despite being an Echani." One hand gently pat the Zeltron's cheek as the other placed the broken wine glass in his, hoping that the message would come across.

Maybe she'd visit the temple while she was on Dromuund Kaas. Ensure this wasn't entirely a waste of time.

Ingrid L’lerim
The Red Witch; Emperor's hand; Director of Blackwatch; Baroness of Vengard
fu2GxPF.png
Equipment: Dress | make-up
Tag: Adriana Fortemps Adriana Fortemps
dRUm20K.png

Ingrid doesn't like to break what she once promised anyway, on Lanteeb she promised Adrian that she will go to the Sith Empire's territory more often, and now she is here. And after Wayland, it wasn’t really in question that she was going to do it. As there, she still wanted to surprise Adrian, so she did not predict the other that she would come. Through her men and contacts, she knew the man was on Dromund Kaas, so she found this time perfect. What does a master spy do to surprise someone? Ingrid brakes into the building. While also testing how well the place is protected.

Fortunately she knew several techniques with which she was able to hide in the Force as well as be able to remain unnoticed in front of others. She used them to reach Adrian’s office. The defense was excellent anyway, a few times close to falling. The dress she was wearing now was not exactly in favor of such spy actions, and she couldn't even help herself with technology. When she arrived the office was empty, she felt someone in the next room, maybe Adrian’s bodyguard or assistant.

She did not deal with it, but remained in hiding, a little later a woman arrived who stayed in the office for quite some time in the company of a drink. She watched the other woman from the long window as imperceptibly as possible. She learned many years ago how to watch someone without anyone noticing she still used this technique. She smiled when she saw the man who came to the office. She remembered what AMCO AMCO had said on Lanteeb: he was fond of Zeltros.

”Perhaps better than he alluded to…” she thought.

Not as if she could blame him. Otherwise she had a good time in the dialogue between the two strangers. She chuckled loudly after the Sith woman threatened the secretary. There was still nothing visible from her, so the empty space chuckled, only this could be seen.

”Do you really think he doesn’t know? I doubt you, just like me, bypassed the security systems to achieve all this.” she asked.

After her words she abolished the upkeep of the Force techniques. She became visible again out of nowhere and no longer hid her presence in the Force, it also can be felt too. She walked forward to the long table with complete calm, elegant and cold movements. Her presence radiated elegance, confidence and strength. As if she hadn't even broken in here, or mostly behaved as naturally as if she had been in her own office.

”But maybe I can help you, in this case he will never know, you've been here today…” she said mysteriously.

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Last edited:
vHJtQQX.png
// INQUISITOR FORDYCE //
//
TOWER VANDIIR //
//
EQUIPMENT // OUTFIT // MAKEUP //

AWGFOIU.png
It was a tad surprising when the chuckling began, an angry amber glare towards the Zeltron clarifying that it wasn't him. The resounding chuckle was held up in the air mysteriously, perhaps Vandiir was messing with her or one of the poor unfortunate souls to cross the Councillor still haunted the place of his death. As the words came out a loft, mocking the Echani as she made her way out, the thought that she had drank too much was the most immediate thing that came to mind. Perhaps it was best that this meeting was mistimed, Force knows what kind of information a man like Vandiir would be able to learn from her if she was so inebriated she began hallucinating.

That was until a stunning redheaded woman appeared in front of her, a velvety black dress elegantly draping her figure.

For a second, Jorryn's heart had skipped a beat. Her face was stunned in a shocked expression, the idea that an angel had finally come from the stars to take Jorryn away. The look lasted far longer than the Echani would normally allow, but the figure in front of her caught the Inquisitor completely off guard. Fordyce had always thought that fate held grander designs for her, but to think that an angel herself would come down to claim the Echani. After a bit of imagination, her cheeks turned red. Partly from the thoughts running in her head and partly from the sinking feeling of embarassment.

"I'm sorry, My Lady...." The Echani was perplexed enough that an apology escaped her typically abrasive demeanour, still trying to piece together where the woman came from. "Pardon me, but should I know you?"

The offer of assistance was much appreciated internally by the Echani, but ultimately pushed away. A hand reached out cautiously towards the woman. Even if the Echani knew she was drunk, the idea of it being a ghost still wasn't entirely dismissible. But the idea of a mysterious woman was something the Echani found to be ceaselessly appeasing.

"So tell me, how may you assist me?" A simple, yet important question. Even if she wasn't real, twas better to know your enemies than forget them.

Ingrid L’lerim
fu2GxPF.png
dRUm20K.png

As always, Ingrid had a lot of fun now that others couldn’t notice her. These scenes are always so funny, true, most of the time it ends with the death of the other, because she came to kill. But not today, she was a little sorry she couldn't surprise Adrian again just like she did on Wayland. But the Zeltron and the Sith woman – she would have guessed Echani based on her appearance – were already worth revealing her presence. The other woman's reaction was really worth all the money. It seemed to Ingrid as if the other woman had seen a ghost. Though, she didn't think the Sith was so drunk. Or would she have been? She only saw how much she drank here, not how much before.

And that only further improved his mood that the zeltros didn't know where to put the situation either. He, too, looked at Ingrid pretty much like a ghost or something. It was fun for a while, but after a while it could be stressful. Ingrid was about to answer, when the other woman reached out with her hand. This convinced her that she could really be believed to be a ghost, though she seemed quite real and not a Force Ghost. Her body tensed imperceptibly, ready to jump. Neither did she like to be touched because of her work, only if she wanted it too. But this time she let the other woman touch her and realize she was indeed here. After that she answered only.

”No, you shouldn’t know me unless you’re proficient in politics” she said. ”I’m baroness Ingrid L'lerim, director of the Blackwatch, what is the intelligence and secret police in the Eternal Empire, besides I'm the Emperor's Hand. And you, my Lady?”

She introduced herself. The question was a little surprising that the question at once was how she could help the other woman with this. She couldn't decide if the other was so confident or so careless. Though her face reflected complete calm and emotionality, yet she watched the other with interest. She was sure the woman wasn't an average Sith. Maybe she was only a disciple yet?

”No suspicion? Nothing, why would I help? Just how?” she asked. ”Where does the healthy paranoia so characteristic of the Sith remain? Especially against a person who just broke in here?”

She inquired with diplomatic distance. She stepped closer to the long table and pulled out one of the chairs so she could sit on it afterwards. Her every move was infinitely elegant. Now she had to be non-predatory, non-murderous, non-seductive and non-military, now Ingrid was a noble woman who wanted to surprise her lover.

”Will you join me?” she asked from Jorr, then she looked at the man. ”How much longer do you want to watch me with your mouth open? Rather go and bring a drink to the guests”

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

vHJtQQX.png
// INQUISITOR FORDYCE //
//
TOWER VANDIIR //
// OUTFIT // CLOTHING // MAKEUP //

AWGFOIU.png

The warm touch of human flesh was certainly a pleasant confirmation, the Inquisitor's face setting as she was able to confirm that the person in front of her wasn't a ghost. It was a nice gesture from the woman, the Echani didn't particularly have the stomach for the undead truth be told. And if she wasn't an angel then Jorryn really didn't have to worry about being taken into the stars by her. As interesting as that sounded, Jorr still had far too many plans down here to take care of before she could ascend to the land of the angels.

"Me?" Jorryn put a hand to mouth to clear her throat, trying to recenter herself from the surprise and bulk of identification that the girl had just given her. "I must say I appreciate your honesty, My Lady. My name is Jorryn Fordyce, a High Inquisitor in the Saaraisash." The titles of the woman were impressive to say the least, thought confusion was the last thing on the Echani's mind. A friend like that would be a great friend indeed. "I think you'll find that our organizations function quite similar to one another, though I can't say my other titles are as inspiring as your own." A bow coming from the Echani as a curtsy didn't quite fit a cardigan and sweater, a fact that made Jorryn feel woefully underdressed for this introduction.

The continued prodding made the High Inquisitor a bit red-faced as she was told off about her behaviour, an unfortunate side effect of being caught off guard by a woman appearing in front of you.

"Of course, I apologize." Another, deeper bow to convey apology. Jorryn hardly wanted to come off as impolite or incompetent to this women. "Though to be fair to myself, it isn't everyday I have a woman like yourself appear out of thin air in front of me."

Jorr would rather die than admit she had thought Ingrid was an angel, the reddish tint to her cheeks not disappearing anytime soon. It was a hesitant feeling as the Echani watched the butler quickly and awkwardly shuffle to make the pair of girls a drink, wondering how much was too much. Still, it would be impolite to refuse a drink from the Hand of their allies' Emperor.

"Much appreciated, Lady Ingrid." Quickly taking a seat close to the baroness, preferring not for anything this woman to say reach unfamiliar ears. "Apologies if this is a bit blunt, but I am curious about how you could make it so I wasn't here today." A lean in close to the woman helped the sentence turn to a whisper. "Because that man does tend to take any edge he has over you and run with it."

Ingrid L’lerim
fu2GxPF.png
dRUm20K.png

Ingrid was still very amused by how the other reacted to her, it was not really an everyday sight. If she had not been a guest - in a place she had broken into - but at home, she probably would have played on the whole thing and she would have pretended to be a ghost merely. But that day was not that day. It was still surprising to her, how embarrassing the other was. Maybe because of Adrian? No, she considered this quite out of the question, the man was an angel compared to most of the Sith.

Then remains the other opportunity, not so many people can break into Adrian's office. Has anyone else ever tried? And was it a success? She thought for a second. Based on her appearance, she guessed themselves to be an elder, so that’s why she thought the way a young woman reacted was cute. Although on the basis that they must live by other rules, it was so perhaps not surprising. The Sith were freer than they were. Not that Ingrid hadn't been in complete control of her emotions since she was a child. This was one of his first lessons in assassin training. She nodded finally.

”Yes you, my Lady” maybe her voice was cold and spacer, but she was polite to the end.

Finally, the other woman introduced herself. Ingrid allowed herself a quick smile, so they were colleagues from a different Empire. It was always a pleasure to meet someone who works in a similar position. It is always easier to find a topic with such persons.

”You don't need to say thanks, we are not enemies, but allies. Nice to meet you High Inquisitor!” she said and held out her hand for a handshake. ”I know their organization, it’s impressive, it is not the position that makes a man or a woman. I even envy you that you probably have more free time and less bureaucracy.”

Another apology and bow. She really didn’t feel the need for all of this, though it amused her that it was a situation as if it had been Ingrid's office and not Adrian's.

”You don't have to apologize, normally you shouldn't have even known I was here. I was just bored, I finally had a couple of days off, I thought I’d surprise my lover… and he's just the only one who's not here.” she waved one, hoping to resolve the other's embarrassment.

Yes, Adrian was her lover, and not the other way around, though she would have sworn that the man would say the opposite. The woman accepted her invitation, so they sat down, and the secretary brought them a drink. Ingrid thought she was pretty impatient, maybe just because she was afraid of Adrian?

”Would he really be that awful?” she asked back with a smile. ”Well, let's see I managed to break in here and no one noticed that. I don't think it would be much more complicated to delete some camera recordings and data. In the best case I'll delete what you need without noticing. Worst case I still delete what we need, but they notice that, and I can tell them, their security protocols are rubbish and they need to improve it.” she said as if it were the most natural thing in the world.

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom