Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Never Enough

The Silver Order had quickly become one of Slayn & Korpil's largest customers as they ramped up operations in response to increasing Sith incursions within their sphere of influence. There was one item in particular that the Silvers couldn't get enough of; [SIZE=10.5pt]intruder missiles[/SIZE]. Against Sith and Imperials who generally favored large capital ships, they were an invaluable asset for the Silvers who favored more balanced carrier groups.

[SIZE=10.5pt]However, S&K was having problems keeping up with the rising demand, which had prompted Arisa to reach out to the Roche based company to see about helping to expand their operations with some investment. There were other important matters she wanted to discuss with them, but the intruder question would serve as a segway to the topic. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Initially, she reached out to Sko for assistance in contacting his parent company, but he had immediately referred her to their home offices within the Roche asteroid fields, so she would contact them by holo-call. She gave them a ring right at the appointed time as discussed, then waited for an S&K representative to answer. [/SIZE]

The holocall was answered with a few seconds. A rapid fire clicking sounded at quite the large volume and a Slayn & Korpil logo appeared. Then another voice began speaking in galactic basic. "Bzzt, welcome to Slayn & Korpil, if you have any issues with your product please contact your local Slayn & Korpil representative, we have a contact on most major worlds and if you wish for a list of them please speak in a clear voice your selection. If you wish to place an order for a custom Starfighter stay on the line and confirm in a clear voice your selection. Other options include wishing to order custom equipment, mass produced B-wings and other ships, we also offer school tours if you have students who wish to learn about our work and the processes that go into making the best Starfighters in the galaxy. If you wish to speak to an actual sentient or there is something we have not listed here please hold for a minute then we will be right with you."

The voice was replaced with what sounded like a Verpine choral arrangement.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Arisa[/SIZE] frowned as she listened to the pre-recorded message. She thought Sko had provided her with a direct line to their offices, but instead, she found herself on the general service line like anyone else. [SIZE=10.5pt]Why am I paying him again?[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] If it wasn't for the fact that the Verpine captain was so effective at his other role as a military contractor, then she may have just asked for a refund then. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]She stayed on the line, drumming her fingertips against her desk to the alien and haunting tune of insectoid chittering coming from the other side - the Verpine equivalent of elevator music. After a few minutes, she would finally be connected with a customer sales representative. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]"Yes, hello, this is Arisa Yune of the Silver Order," she began, straightening up in her seat. "I'm trying to reach your executive offices, seeking to speak with someone about some investment opportunities."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Having gone through the arduous process that was navigating labyrinthine customer service departments before, she figured she started out with the offer of throwing money at the company, rather than making a basic inquiry. That tactic usually worked getting her to the person she wanted in a jiffy.[/SIZE]

[member="Sko'saht"]

A chittering came from the other end of the line which she might recognize as a greeting in Verpine. With music playing softly in the background, likely an attempt to appeal to other species in an attempt to calm them a bit before they started yelling at the customer service representative, a voice sounded over the holo and the Slayn & Korpil logo was replaced by a Verpine sitting in a chair. "Greetings, I am D'in, what sort of investments were you wanting to do for Slayn & Korpil. We are always looking for new business opportunities."

[member="Arisa Yune"]

[SIZE=10.5pt]"Hello[/SIZE] there, D'in. Firstly, the Silver Order finds itself experiencing constant shortages of your intruder missiles, and this is proving to be a serious issue moving forward. The Silver Order is looking to invest in S&K specifically to increase production of your entire munition lineup, including the intruders. Approximately a 300% increase from what we're currently being supplied."

[SIZE=10.5pt]She was curious to see how they would react to that, as it appeared that the company was just about at their limit producing enough of their missiles to go around between their various customers. In truth, she wouldn't mind at all if they had to divert all their production for the SJO. That meant fewer intruder missiles for her adversaries. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]"I'm looking to see a ramp up in production within about the next 2 months. In addition to investments by the Silver Order, Kiribian Systems Armory is also interested in purchasing a production license to help meet my quotas."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Long ago, KSA had reversed engineered the Verpine tech like a great many deal of export items used to equip the Kiribian military. However, the Verpine were known to be especially protective of their intellectual properties, having gone to war - via proxies - with governments and other organizations over the issue of infringement. Not something KSA wanted to deal with for sure. [/SIZE]

[member="Sko'saht"]

The hologram seemed to freeze for a few moments as the Verpine didn't move. It then slowly reached down and rapidly typed something into the datapad. Clearly in shock and somewhat flustered. Not speaking for a few moments more he turned slightly and his antenna rapidly twitched. It was fairly clear he was talking with one of the other Verpine via radio waves. Eventually he turned back to the holo. "I'm not sure this will be possible, we don't have the facilities for such an increase and even if we did that would be extremely expensive. I can put you into a call with one of my higher ups if you wouldn't mind holding for a few minutes."

[SIZE=10.5pt]Arisa[/SIZE] found the Verpine's sudden pause to be quite eerie, reminding her that she was talking to a large insectoid. While time with Sko had helped her adjust, there was just some primal element hardwired into her system that she just couldn't shake.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Finally, life seemed to return to the Verpine right before providing her with an answer. As she suspected, S&K simply wasn't a large enough operation to provide the munitions in the numbers she needed right now. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]"That's fine. As I said, the SJO is willing to make an investment to expand facilities, or, you allow KSA to help you meet demand immediately. From what I know, they're actually quite eager to expand their operations into Roche, in association with the S&K, and the Verpine government at large."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]"I would be delighted to speak with your superiors about this proposal in greater detail if possible, thanks." [/SIZE]

[member="Sko'saht"]

"If you wouldn't mind waiting a few minutes I can track down our CEO. He should be able to approve what you want and discuss the contract." He turned a hit a few buttons. The Slayn & Korpil logo came back up and the music resumed. It would be a few minutes before she would be able to talk with Woons As'kos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom