Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Neutrality Act Proposal

It was in the midst of a relative quiet time within Senate. Such silence was meant to be broken however as Kiyala finished her preparations of having her handmaidens fix her make up and attire to that such of her regal standing. Her floating podium was brought up before the Senate and she held up her hand to signal that she was about to speak. On her left stood her personal guard that her father had appointed and on her left was a sorcerer that wasn't well known by any means and only purpose was to cover their own force presence so she wouldn't be revealed as a dark sider or as force sensitive at all. She cleared her throat almost inaudibly before beginning to speak to the Senate.

"My fellow politicians. I come here today under your graces and representing my sovereign people of Alderaan. I come here to propose the Neutrality Act which entitles that we represent our true policies as of being a Republic. And with that in mind shouldn't everyone be allowed a voice to speak? As such I move that the Empire who now holds a rather alarming amounts of worlds be allowed a voice within the Senate."

She paused for a second letting her words sit in and hearing the murmurs among themselves. But she only allowed that for a second before continuing. "Is this not a place for those without voices to be heard? Or is this a tyrannical government in the form that we will allow people's religions to bar them from having a voice? Plus by giving them a voice we would be able to hear what it is exactly they want, because I'm sure just like I love my world and it's people that the at this point at least inevitable war is not what we want to put our great worlds in." If they refused, those that did refuse would seem like war-mongers considering the way she phrased her speech to seem like that war could be avoided if they all decided to put aside their differences and allow them a voice.

Senator Brunswick of Kuat, along with his fellow senators in the chamber, gave their attention to the representative from Alderaan. He had been checking his datapad for the latest results from the polls for his anti-slavery legislation when he looked up to hear what the Alderaanian had to say before the Galactic Senate. He gave a slight frown as he listened to the woman speak about a proposed "Neutrality Act".

The Empire? To allow none other than the Sith Empire to hold a voice within this very Senate chamber? Was she out of her mind?! Brunswick cleared his throat before moving his pod to the center of the Senate chamber, facing the representative from Alderaan. Maintaining a calm and controlled expression, the Kuati senator waited until the woman finished speaking before making his arguments.

"Miss Demont of Alderaan, you indeed are correct that this is a place for the people's voice to be heard. All the people in the planets currently within the Galactic Republic, to be specific. Also, you have made it sound like as if there would be an inevitable war if we didn't alow Imperials here in the Senate chamber. How so? You must provide more reasoning than just "getting to hear what they want". Also even if we do allow Imperial voice here, do we have any voice in the Empire? No, Miss Demont! And I'm not sure what makes you think exactly that the Empire even wants to send representatives here to the Senate... If your act is ever to be put into a vote, I regret to inform you that Kuat will not stand with Alderaan on this issue."

Aurelia stood, unable to believe what she was hearing. "@[member="Kiyala Demont"], this proposal is absurd on so many grounds. Most specifically, we only allow representatives from within the Republic to speak in here. You will notice there are no Mandalorian, Hutt or Protectorate representatives here. Thus your proposal has no value since it cannot be enforced. We already have a Sith Embassy and diplomatic staff, but foreign nations are not allowed to send delegates to the Senate. This is how government works."

(I've been told that the Sith don't have an Embassy on Coruscant, but I am going to assume they have some sort of diplomatic presence on Coruscant.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom