Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Netlance Warhead

Image Source: N/A
Intent: To create an anti-starfighter warhead.
Development Thread: If needed.
Manufacturer: The Primeval Fleet
Model: Netlance Warhead
Affiliation: The Primeval
Modularity: No.
Production: Minor-production
Material: Durasteel shell, standard rocket components.
Classification: Warhead
Size: Ship-mounted.
Length: Same as an assault concussion missile.
Weight: Same as an assault concussion missile.
Ammunition Type: Explosive-launched warhead.
Ammunition Capacity: Fire-and-forget.
Effective Range: Standard warhead range.
Rate of Fire: N/A
Special Features:
  • expansive foam w/ traces of ionite
Description: The Netlance is an unusually innovative weapon, but simply so. Whereas most warheads are purposed with outright destroying an enemy vessel, the Netlance's goal is to merely disable and annoy them. Essentially, within the warhead is an extremely compressed substance* which is laced with ionite and then expanded as part of a reaction due a small, controlled explosion, causing the warhead to erupt into a rather large and crudely shaped blob of sticky foam. The exact size of the foam varies from explosion-to-explosion but averages at fifty meters high and wide; sometimes more, sometimes less.

Because the foam is laced with ionite, it gains two rather unique traits. Firstly, small warships such as shuttles, starfighters, bombers, and even light freighters will have reduced sensory, communications, and targeting capabilities from the interference. Furthermore, it interferes with shields and the sticky foam can jam moving parts. Larger vessels, although still affected, are not nearly as affected. Secondly, the foam will stick to matter and particle shields. Aside from this, the warhead is deployed by a standard ACM rocket shell, and has no other special properties. Thus it can be taken down by anti-missile devices, and can be jammed by electronic warfare; that coupled with ionite gives it the effect it as. Unlike a standard ACM, however, the explosion is not enough to cause chain detonations should one be destroyed in a cluster.

Its greatest drawback is that the foam will fall off when a starship enters or exits atmosphere. Furthermore, temporarily disabling particle shields will cause it to shake loose.

*I don't have a specific substance in mind, and I'd like to think it's not that important. There are several cases of real-life substances which expand to many times their original volume when heated. This includes frozen/liquid forms of gasses as well as various types of foams.

Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dust

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Find a Replacement for Ionite.

WITH DEV THREADS

Anja Aj'Rou said:
expansive foam w/ traces of ionite
Ionite (( Write a thread from the perspective of NPCs about the fall out of one of your previous actions ))
Ionite Requires a Development thread.

SUGGESTIONS
The Concept is sound though.

Anja Aj'Rou said:
Effective Range: Standard long-range weapon.
Could you change this to Standard Warhead Range.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Unfortunately the writer who's supposed to help me with my dev thread is on LOA. It'll take me some time to solo the dev thread, so you may archive this to reduce clutter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom