Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character Nephthys Nardithi-Verd

Nephthys Nardithi-Verd

IRQ6dDH.jpg

N2uLGOk.jpg
I had been kidnapped. My suspicions are finally confirmed. My crazy arsed step-in-mother had to die before I could get to the truth about her. I found all this stuff in her safe. Some of it turned out to be my real mother's things. I discovered this all hidden inside a vault, which was way over the top. Like they hid it so deep so that nobody could possibly feel the power it radiated. I felt it. In fact I always felt drawn to it, but she literally always stood in my way. I used to have dreams where I was just staring into the corner of her room. It was Astral Projection, so I know now. My god, where do I begin with how much of what I found in this vault came as a shock to me? Thankfully there was also a journal, both from kidnapper-mom and some very confusing writings from my real mother.​
I literally had to search the restricted archives to find out what some of the stuff was that I was looking at. A long needed relief washed over me when I felt the power radiate within my hands, so powerful beyond any of my past experiences. All of it stood against everything the Ashlan Crusade had hoped I would accept. I felt comfortable in all of it. They call it Darkness; to me it just feels natural, like a freedom I had never been allowed to enjoy before while locked inside their walls. I finally feel like I can accept myself for who I am. I no longer believe that I am the only one alive who is willing to accept the darkness of my nature. They make it sound like a horrible thing, to be different from them, but I was made just as they were made. Somehow I have been drawn to a nature that has always been different from their's. I realize now its them who have no right to enforce their ways onto me. If that is the way of the Light, then I want no part of it. Their Light is self-righteous. They inflict harm and even murder any who stand against their cult beliefs. Is that not just Darkness with a different excuse to pardon one's evil acts against his brother?​
Their take on me is that I am exactly this evil hearted heathen who is going to hell if I do practically anything the way I feel naturally inclined to do it. Kidnapper Mom was in the Ashlan Crusade, so I can add kidnapping to the list of what's ok for them to suffer unto other people who are not in their cult. Kidnapping isn't bad, no, you're saving a heathen. Praise, Ashla! I heard every word the zealous High Ashlan Priest ever told my kidnapper mom he had sensed about me. I got flogged for my existence on a whim, simply because the time of day seemed right about then.​
My talent for magick is forbidden. My thoughts are heresy. They labeled me evil, and tried to rewire my mind and soul. With my recent discovery unveiling their actions, I am suddenly perfectly fine with wearing their labels. Evil is only one of the numerous checkmarks on my permanent record. My kidnapping was for their greater good, to keep me ignorant and far from developing my natural talent and maturing into another natural born enemy. They dictate that my goddess hates me for being born as I am. What gaul! Who is this god who wove me in the womb, and yet detests me for the very matrix she granted unto me? Someone has their head up their arse to claim they can fathom the thoughts of god.​
Here is the truth about me. My real mother was a Nightsister of Dathomir. Thinking back, I always remembered how to do some things she taught me since I can remember opening my eyes. I remember the songs she sang incessantly. She raised magick with her words and dances. I remember dancing with her everyday.​
The Ashlan Crusade has sinned against me and my real Mother. Apparently I blocked out how they killed my Mother. I knew that we needed to take a trip somewhere, because we didn't ever travel by ship. We never left home before. But this time called for it. My Mother was gone before we landed. This woman just sat next to me and grabbed hold of my wrist after we had landed. Everything from that point forward was hell. Their teachings felt unnatural, like I had this internal aversion to their practices built into my core. Their cult citadel felt like a religious boarding school detention center.​
There were many other children there faking conformity to their teachings and observances, faking peacefulness, secretly awaiting their dreams to come true, for the singular solitary moment when everything falls into place making escape possible. I didn't wait for my moment. I felt this inner calling and I snapped. I threatened the woman who led me off that shuttle to confess what she had done to me. When she refused, I tortured her. When she still refused me, I killed her. I went straight to unveil the secrets of that vault.​
It was not easy getting away from the citadel. It wasn't clean at all. It was however absolutely glorious! I made the holonet as a breaking news story. Half the galaxy instantly feared me, and the other half hailed me as a heroine. To suddenly have the scales eventually tip my way, I felt a fury like I have never felt unleash from within, a beast. I saw the birth of my power which I never had acknowledged before, raw and terrifying, yet obedient to my will. The real root of it was that I had sung one of my Mother's songs as I released it. I have to understand more of this power.​
In her journal she wrote alot of symbols and Mathematics I cannot yet understand, but I do remember how to read most of it. I had never forgotten my native tongue after all those years I had been stolen away from my culture. I found my father's name, Isley Verd, a Mandalorian. Sounds like some nerf herder, but then again so does a life on Dathomir. My Mother and he were together for a season. I am the spawn of total detachment, every young girl's dream about what family should mean. I really cannot say that, because who knows if she had been alive, maybe he would have stopped by now and again. Maybe I will recognize him from memory if I saw him. I have this tattoo on my wrist, just like I remember seeing my Mother had. As I suspected, it turns out its tribal. I have been to the Nightsisters and stayed with them for years. I just felt this longing in my heart, regardless of how fulfilling it is to be in a coven. I have requested the Matriarch's blessing to leave Dathomir to find the other half of my roots. I'm heading out to find this Mandalorian. It is probably not the wisest decision I ever made, a Nightsister walking around Mandalorian encampments asking for leads on her Father. That's something to look forward to, for sure.​
Model: Theresa Fractale

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom