Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Nephilim Program (Mark I)

Status
Not open for further replies.
f3fe830f0e2f74bb1a9e17962cbb1d51.jpg

rl7Gff.gif

• Manufacturer: Vylmira Technological Industries
  • Affiliation: Confederacy of Independent Systems, Vylmira
  • Model: Nephilim Type Super Soldier Program
  • Modularity: Yes, Future Strains can be developed

• Production: Limited
  • Material: Cybernetics, Various Biological Components, Durasteel Bone Coating

rl7lvJ.gif

• Cybernetic Enhancements
    Increased Focus
    Cybernetic modules release chemicals into the brain to aid the recipient's focus in stressful situations.

[*]Increased Hand-Eye-coordination
  • Cybernetic Modules assist in Hand-eye-coordination to increase accuracy and precision

[*]Infrared Spectrum Sight
  • Cybernetic Modules allow the recipient to switch to infrared spectrum sight.

[*]Ultraviolet Spectrum Sight
  • Cybernetic Modules allow the recipient to switch to Ultraviolet Spectrum Sight

[*]Low-Light Spectrum Sight
  • Cybernetic Modules allow the Recipient to switch to Low-Light Spectrum Sight.

[*]Various Biological Enhancements
  • Increased Strength
    The Biological Enhancements increase the strength of the recipient, multiplying by approximately x4 the user's natural strength.

[*]Bone Integrity Increase
  • The recipient's skeleton is coated in a specialized Durasteel coat to reinforce the bones and prevent breaks

[*]Increased Size
  • The Nephilim Serum will increase the size of the recipient anywhere from 0.4 to 0.6 Meters.

[*]Increased Reaction Times
  • Various chemical agents have been employed to increase reaction times in recipients.

[*]Increased Speed
  • Additional chemical agents have been employed to increase speed beyond what the muscular enhancements offer.

[*]Increased Stamina
  • Additional Chemical agents have been employed to increase recipient's Stamina and Recovery times.

[*]Increased Lung Capacity
  • Additional Chemical agents have been employed to increase lung capacity.

[*]Mental Capacity
  • Additional Chemical agents have been employed to increase mental ability, increasing intelligence in recipient

[*]Emotional State Adjustments
  • Additional Chemical Agents have been employed to assist in maintaining an even Emotional State, even during stressful situations.

[*]Intense Basic Training Regimen
[*]Education Regimen
[*]Vehicular Piloting Training Regimen
[*]Military Tactics Training Regimen
[*]Infantry Command Training Regimen
[*]Commando Tactics Training Regimen
[*]Guerrilla Tactics Training Regimen
rl7SKs.gif

• Increased Physicality: The Program, as detailed above, increases the recipient's physical ability across a number of factors, including Strength, Durability, Stamina, Reaction Times, Focus, Coordination, and Lung Capacity.
  • Increased Size: The average Program recipient's height is increased to 2+ meters.
  • Increased Mental Capacity: Recipients are capable of increased learning speeds, and understanding complex concepts
  • Various Training Regimens: The Program Participants are trained across a number of Military aspects, making them well rounded soldiers.
rl7ALN.gif

• EMP Prone: EMP can disable the cybernetics.
  • Increased Calorie needs: Recipients must eat a lot more to maintain dietary needs
  • Genetic Instability: Any genetic instability could spell disaster for a recipient. Chosing to undergo the program with any form of Genetic Anomaly or Instability could have unforseen results.
  • Cybernetics: Should an EMP/Ion attack succeed in eliminating the Cybernetic suite, all related functions will cease, forcing the recipient to revert to Normal Vision Spectrum, as well as a reduction in focus and hand/eye coordination.
  • Medical Mishaps: The toughening of bones, skin, etc, makes healing a process. Any injuries sustained can take anywhere from twice as long to four times as long to heal by normal means, and may require additional medical procedures for otherwise natural bodily healing.
  • Bacta Reduction: Due to an incurable genetic splice behavior, Bacta works at roughly one-fourth effectiveness on Nephilim Soldiers.
  • Humans Only: The Nephilim Program, in its current state, only functions in Humans. Alien Species will only gain the benefits of the Nephilim Serum if a strain is developed specifically for them.
  • Rend Flesh: Soldiers are still susceptible to puncture based wounds, such as ballistics and knives.
rlz7dQ.gif

In the years since the Battle of Eshan, Voph has begun working on an answer to the Marauder threat that encroach upon the battlefield. Taking the corpses of fallen creatures back to Confederacy Territory, Voph enlisted researchers to discover all they could. An array of weapons were designed in the initial wave based upon early discoveries, but Voph wanted more. An answer to combat problems of all natures, Xeno or otherwise. The answer was the Nephilim Project.

In an attempt to clone the great beasts, known simply as Marauders to the membership of Vylmira Technological Institute, DNA strands were isolated and tested in a variety of safe and humane methods to determine what made the beasts tick on the molecular level. Project Marauder was brought to the Ministry of War in the CIS, as a proof of concept that Draelvaser aliens could be conditioned to follow the orders of Confederacy soldiers, but was ultimately scrapped. It was feared that the beasts fiery temperament would not be controllable, and that there may be some hive-mind element at play that the team members were unable to discover or disprove. So, focus shifted to making a new soldier, a better soldier. Knowledge of the Marauders, and what they were capable of, was taken into account, and new serums were developed to improve the physiology of humans, to bring them on par with the Marauders.

Seven years later, the first wave of Nephilim Soldiers have been rolled out from the halls of Vylmira. With armor and weapons built specifically to make them a fighting force to be reckoned with, and an intense training regimen designed to make them the ultimate soldier, the Nephilim are built to take the helm as the greatest soldiers in the Confederacy Military. Increased Physicality across nearly every aspect allow the soldiers to go toe to toe with even the fearsome Marauders without fear.

[member="Laira Darkhold"]

As you've marked this as being under review, please be advised that I have edited the submission to include an additional weakness, namely the "Cybernetics" weakness, and an additional paragraph in the Description to offer more depth behind the Program.

Hi there! I'll be reviewing this submission.

Voph said:
Material: Draelvasier DNA, Cybernetics, Various Biological Components
You need to link the Draelvasier species here.

Second, it would be beneficial if you had the author of the Draelvasier's permission to use in this submission.

Voph said:
Decreased Force Ability: The Draelvaser DNA has reduced the effect of the Force around program Recipients.
This reads like they suppress/dampen/reduce the Force's effects near them? is that the intention here?

Additionally, this submission could use some additional exploitable weaknesses to balance them with the strengths of the submission.

Sorry, that particular weakness is worded poorly. I'll reword it to be clearer that it is purely a weakness, reducing the particpant's connection to the Force, if any such ability existed prior to augmentation.

Other requested edits will follow shortly.

Now, that all being said, I think you know as well as I do that the original author wouldn't approve of someone messing with his babies, so I'll have to rework the submission to not incorporate the Draelvaser DNA. I was previously unfamiliar with the rule specifying that Reverse Engineering items hard stop required permission from the original author. I'll tag you when the revised submission is ready for the once-over.

[member="Voph"]

A lot of tags there all in a row, lol

First, thank you for making some edits. It is polite to seek out permission or input when using another author's work when possible. :D

As suggestions go, I see most of your strengths relate directly to benefiting combat, however, most of the weaknesses (asides from the weakness to EMP) wouldn't affect someone during a thread. If you could make one additional, directly exploitable weaknesses to help counter balance the strengths, that would help balance this submission.

By my count it was explicitly stated as being against (Granted a semi-obscure) rules to utilize other people's tech/submissions in a sub of your own, regardless of how legitimate the in-character means for having obtained the technology may be. But, regardless, the requested edit has been made.

[member="Voph"]

Alright Chief. I'm not sure where you inferred that from, but this looks alright now. The added vulnerability to Bullets and Knives seems okay to me.

Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom