Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Nephilic Ore

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To produce an ore type for one of my planets
Image Source:
Restricted Missions: None
Primary Source: None

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Name: Nephilic Ore
Manufacturer: Kato'hala
Homeworld (optional): Kato'hala
Production: Mass-Produced
Affiliation: Kato'hala || [member=Damien Daemon]
Modularity: Can be mixed with other ores, and minerals, to manufacture a new alloy. Substances made as such, must have a new submission.
Material: Nephilic Ore (Kato'halain Graphene)

PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Ore
Weight: Extremely Lightweight
Quality:
  • Energy - 8
  • Everything Else - 1
Color: Silvery Blue

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Energy Resistant
DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURES AND THERE USES
  • Energy Resistant - This ore is incredibly energy resistant. Thermal energies, blaster energies, electricity, things like that, are almost nullified by the mineral as it has active molecules that disperse the energy accordingly, by means of maintaining their constant motions. Live on a hot planet? This metal will always feel cool to the touch. Cold? Cool. Electric shocks? You might feel a shock like that found from plugging a cord into an outlet, not much more
Strengths:
  • Energy Resistant - As above, this material is incredibly durable toward energy, even technically able to battle lightsabers, if one could ignore the kinetic pressure behind a blow. Same with blaster fire, it would dissipate, if kinetic pressure were ignored
Weaknesses:
  • Extremely Brittle - The material is ideal for housing battery components and like, however it is like glass when struck. Small blows are like nothing, but stronger blows can shatter the material
DESCRIPTION
Found by Kato'halains within the initial move from Val'hala, this type of Graphene possesses much of its real life counterparts energy capabilities. It is very applicable for use in technologies, as it houses energy well, acting more as a dampener than a lightning rod as well. It was found to be incredibly lightweight, almost to an incredible degree, so combined with the aforementioned, it was believed to be the ultimate weapon.

Up until it has been found that a punch from a youth would break the metal. It might survive two blows, but by no means could be used as armors of any variant, let alone for personal use. At best it is treatment for the inner workings of gas batteries, and things of the like, or to be mixed with other materials.

I think there is confusion in my typing. This metal is on par with glass when pertaining to kinetic pressure. It by itself is by no means able to be on par with Ultrachrome. Technically it could be, if it wasn't absolutely worthless as a defense against attack.

My idea is that its molecular activity allows for dispersal of heat, cold, and other energy variants, but only so long as it is used as the conduit, and not a defensive means. Even as a protective covering of, say my companies MerrTitan, it would only be protective until the instance where even moderate pressure was applied.

Edit:
I feel like this is still confusing. To simplify:
Say lightning were to strike it. It would dissipate the charge, but the metal would still shatter as the pressure of the strike would be to heavy.

However, if used as a conduit for a current of electricity that holds no kinetic pressure? Can dissipate it and hold its shape.

Flamethrower? Shatters. House fire? Solid.

The point of the theoretical lightsaber combat in my mind was it being able to dissipate the plasmas heat, but NOT the pressure of a blow behind it. So, say you activate the blade, set it down, then gently drag the metal along the blade, it could take a bit of the burn and dissipate it

[member="Cira"]

Zaiden James-Greyson said:
Energy Resistant - This ore is incredibly energy resistant. Thermal energies, blaster energies, electricity, things like that, are almost nullified by the mineral as it has active molecules that disperse the energy accordingly, by means of maintaining their constant motions. Live on a hot planet? This metal will always feel cool to the touch. Cold? Cool. Electric shocks? You might feel a shock like that found from plugging a cord into an outlet, not much more

Zaiden James-Greyson said:
Extremely Brittle - The material is ideal for housing battery components and like, however it is like glass when struck. Small blows are like nothing, but stronger blows can shatter the material
So by your explanation....

Live on a hot planet, it will feel cool to the touch but it would be brittle and break if you step on it. So it wouldn't be useful.

Electric shock? It mutes the shock but then it breaks apart

Any alloys would have a much lower resistance to energy and should not be similar to ultrachrome in that degree.

Is this correct?

Lol, well its always brittle. Step on it anywhere, any planet, at any point and it will very likely break. But at a standing point, environmental heat or cold, should just be negated.

Yes and no, when I wrote that I imagined an everyday current of electricity (ie one without the pressure from being arced from a distance (lightning etcetera)) would be negated and not break it. Basically to explain this part, I imagine if a person uses it like a honing rod, a bolt of lightning would not be negated by more than like 1% before shattering during the initial burst. It would be like frying a computer. However, used in a machinery, it would simply negate a flow and remain solid.

Being that any alloy is a trade off (Tungsten loses much of its heat resistance when mixed, etc etc) I would say, it for sure loses its energy resistance. The only method one could do an Ultrachrome-esque submission is like I did with a few submissions, multiple multiple like metals brought together. And as far as I know there is not any like this one.

So, to recap:

The metal at all times is brittle, even when facing zero external forces. It is impossible as a stand alone to be made into Ultrachrome or a similarly styled material. Just as well, its energy resistance is traded in varied degrees in making into an alloy, so again, when combined into an alloy there is currently no way to make it even Ultrachrome-like.

[member="Cira"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom