Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle Nema-class Aerial Outpost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didact_Defense_Solutions_Banner_copy1.png
Header_Aerial_Outpost_copy.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Submit aerial support platforms made by Didact.
  • Image Source: [x] [x] [x]
  • Canon Link: /
  • Restricted Missions: /
  • Primary Source: /
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Didact Defense Solutions.
  • Model: Nema-class Aerial Outpost
  • Affiliation: Didact Defense Solutions | Antigone L.L.C. (x)
  • Modularity: No.
  • Production: Minor.
  • Material: Matrix Armor, Alusteel, Glasteel.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification:: Aerial Outpost
  • Role: Aerial Outpost
  • Size: Extreme
  • Weight: Extreme.
  • Minimum Crew: 200.
  • Optimal Crew: 2500.
  • Propulsion: Repulsorlift
  • Speed: Very Slow
  • Maneuverability: Very Low
  • Armaments: Very High
    Point-Defense Emplacements.
  • Heavy laser cannons.
  • Heavy particle cannons.
  • Concussion grenade launchers.

[*]Defenses: Very High
[*]Squadron Count: None: 1
[*]Passenger Capacity: In the many thousands.
[*]Cargo Capacity: Extreme
SPECIAL FEATURES

[*]​Advanced automation. The Y1 & Y2 modules ensure that most of the systems are highly autonomous and independent. The Y2 crystal lattices additionally boosts communication between the various Nema-class Outposts. Much like other Didact installations Pebbledrones patrol the corridors for security and maintenance.
[*]Industrial Yards. The Nema-class Outposts have extensive industrial facilities with Self-Regulating Droidmakers, Self-Constructing Armament Factories, Molecular Furnaces, SFRC, allowing for the production of various industrial goods including armament, droids and even food. It is also capable of repairing and refitting the internal squadrons it maintains for defensive and assault purposes.
Strengths:
  • Mobile Aerial Fortress. The Nema-class Aerial outposts are highly competent and strong points within the Didact Defense Solutions strategy. They combine high armament and defenses with extensive hangar bay capabilities to deliver an outpost that can excel at many defensive and combative fields.
  • Industrial. It serves as a surface-side facility that can churn out industrial goods for the Didact personnel operating on the worlds themselves. From weapons to supportive droids, it can produce what Didact needs.
Weaknesses:
  • Bantha in the water. Don't expect it to move around a lot. It is usually placed in a stationary position and it takes a lot of time for it to shift positions. This makes it an open target for hostile forces.
  • Maneuverability. See above, it won't actually be able to avoid or evade enemy fire. Instead it can only tank what is is receiving until supportive forces break the assault.
  • Huge. It takes effort to install and establish these bases. This combined with the low speed only enhances the fact that you basically need an additional tug boat or ship to move it into place.
  • Ion. Its automated processes makes it rather vulnerable to ion weaponry.
  • Crew. Even with its extensive automation the Nema still needs an elaborate and large crew to be effective at what it does.
DESCRIPTION
The Nema-class Aerial Outpost is made to serve as a planet-side fortification for Didact Defense Solutions and the corporate alliance of Antigone L.L.C. To this end it holds an impressive amount of armaments, has sizeable defenses (both hull and shield-wise) and an expansive hangar that holds a plethora of Didact vehicles, transports and ships to pacify the world below. To assist with long-term campaigns and operations the outpost has been established with manufacturing facilities that can produce many of the equipment Didact might need during its contract. From armament to droids and even food it can manufacture many of Didact's needs.

But there are downsides to it- it's slow and barely maneuverable, this together with its large size means that it needs the assistance of tug equipment and maybe even support craft to properly move around.

This makes it a hard-target against enemy and opposition.

It can't do much more than simply take whatever is flung at it and hope for the best. Combined with advanced automation and sensory equipment means that this is an outpost with a few real flaws, but some very real advantages that make it very effective at what it does.

Hello there, [member="Itash Mecetti"]! I will be reviewing your sub with you.

Itash Mecetti said:
  • Squadron Count: Extreme: 28
So, this right here is a massive issue. 28 of these Extreme sized outpost in a single squadron? That's just not something I can ever approve. The second I see Extreme Size, I want the Squadron at None because the larger the vehicle, the smaller the squadron should be, especially one like this that hits me more as an 'aerial fortress' then 'aerial outpost' with its ability to hold thousands of soldiers, extreme cargo and even has an internal factory which can even produce enough food to provide for its passengers and spare some for ground forces is not going to have more then itself as a squadron.

Itash Mecetti said:
  • Armaments: Very High
I'm going to need more about the weaponry of this behemoth. Is it mostly Point-Defense weaponry to protect it from other air? Does it have massive air-to-ground weaponry to bombard land forces into submission? Does it have hypervelocity cannons that can fire up into orbit? A bit of category A and category B? Something of this size, with a picture that doesn't make it clear the kind of weapons and placement, needs some description to fill the blanks.

Itash Mecetti said:
  • Speed: Very Slow
  • Maneuverability: Very Low
Weaknesses:
  • Bantha in the water. Don't expect it to move around a lot. It is usually placed in a stationary position and it takes a lot of time for it to shift positions. This makes it an open target for hostile forces.
  • Maneuverability. See above, it won't actually be able to avoid or evade enemy fire. Instead it can only tank what is is receiving until supportive forces break the assault.
  • Huge. It takes effort to install and establish these bases. This combined with the low speed only enhances the fact that you basically need an additional tug boat or ship to move it into place.
  • Crew. Even with its extensive automation the Nema still needs an elaborate and large crew to be effective at what it does.
Before I dig in, every vehicle needs a max speed in km/h next to the rating.

So, you don't have enough weaknesses to really balance this out. There is nothing inherently wrong with the weaknesses you have now, the problem, for me, is that these weaknesses are par for the course. Large outpost [although, I feel this thing is more of a fortress then outpost, as you mention fortress a few times, I'd say its a shared sentiment :p] don't tend to move around much so the fact this behemoth can't move quickly or needs assistance is just.. normal. Its about what you expect from something like this. Its something that should be noted, but isn't something that goes far in balancing out the sub.

For me, the size/weight balances out the cargo capacity and massive passenger capacity.

The speed/maneuverability help balance out the very high defense and part of the very high offense. But I feel it needs more before I can really push this forward in good conscious as you still have that 'other part' of Very High Armament I don't feel is balanced yet and the fact this thing is a mobile factory.

There are multiple ways you can go about this, you can mess with the stats [The squadron drop is not going to count to this as regardless of what you do, the amount of these things deployed needs to go to None] or you can add some more weaknesses but its going to need some more negatives.

[member="Iona Immarya"]

The squadron thing is most definitively a mistake. For some reason I mistook it for the hangar rating, very silly.

Changed it to none, added another weakness and lowered the rating of the armament to High.

It was my impression that the ratings are compulsory, whilst the hard numbers are not. I have no issue elaborating on the weapons but the ratings should be enough for the speed and maneuvarability fields. I would prefer to adhere to the example templates, if you don't mind.

How does it look now?

[member="Itash Mecetti"] On my phone, so forgive any typos or formatting issues.

You know, when I was reading the description, I thought that might have been what happened since you talk about it housing such vessels, but had to be sure.

Awesome, looks good now.

Oh, you don't need to tell me how many of each unless you want to, if this say, a tank, just the rating would be fine as I'd assume it was for the main gun and it probably had a secondary, rapid-fire weapon. But this beast didn't have any easy to spot weapons and because of its sheer size and very high rating, I wanted to see what weapons it has. PD-Anti-Ground stuff is fine, if this thing was packing air-to-space hypervelocity guns or something similar I wanted to know that before I slapped an approval on it. What you listed is perfect.

I'll be approving this now, but I wanted to respond to your last question before locking the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom