Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Nellja's Hidden Sound Detectors/ Beautiful Earrings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nellja

Energizer Bunny on Caffeine
Nellja's Earings/ Sound Detectors:

(I will add any more details if you want me to, just let me know.)

IMAGE:
http://www.mineralminers.com/images/amethyst/jewelry/amethyst-earrings.jpg (credit to MinaeralMiners.com)

~~~​

- Intent: To create a hidden tracking device for Nellja that also looks pretty and matches her personality.

- Development Thread: N/A (will make if required)

- Manufacturer: Nellja Noxburry

- Modularity: Yes (to add different low hanging crystals)

- Production: Unique

- Material: Amethyst gems; Desh-Terenthium casings; clear sound detector.

- Description: All you see at first is a lovely pair of earrings with a purple gem on each. A pair of low hanging earrings can be attached at the bottom to add to the wonder. HOWEVER, the part people DON'T catch are the clear sound tracking devices inside them. Nellja can activate and deactivate the hearing aids at will to help her tracks enemy movements through sound. She pushes the attached amethyst gem, actually a button, to set it going. She can hear up to twice the wavelengths of sound for the human ear and can even eavesdrop into a conversation through a thin door. The one thing that she does not like about these earrings is that when she first turns the sound detector on, it makes a lot of noise (and it's right in her ear!). Anything she hears up close becomes super loud, like when somebody bumps into a microphone, so timing is everything for this device. If a loud noise happens at all, especially during combat, the noise will be amplified causing pain in the ears and even hea d. This device is mainly used in combat to track opponents.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Nellja"] - I like this a lot, and though there are some practical concerns, there are canon items that do similar things. If you include a note that any loud noise in combat would be amplified painfully if the device was turned on, I think we're good to go.

Nellja

Energizer Bunny on Caffeine
[member="Rasho the Hutt"]
I made that change and added in that it's more than just in combat that the amplification can happen.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Nellja"] - As long as you're aware that the sound amplifier will probably mess with the directionality of your hearing -- you'll be able to hear quieter steps, but be less sure about where they're coming from -- this looks fine and in line with canon. Approved pending secondary.

Again, a piece of equipment which does the same thing as Jedi powers, which is weird because you're a Jedi. It's balanced enough. Plenty of things can dampen sonic presence or cause massive damage to those who have sensitive hearing.

Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom