Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Narika

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: N/A

Intent: To create a metal unique to the Narrikians, for the Open Market.
Development Thread: If needed
Manufacturer: Narrikians
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Narrikians
Modularity: This can be crafted into a variety of weapons and armor.
Production: Limited
Material: It is a material, but ores and certain rocks.

Strengths:
+ Resistant to Energy Weapons to a degree
+ Small amount of Lightsaber Protection: Due to in the Process of Forging, Runes being inlaid on the metal this is capable of resisting Glancing blows from a lightsaber.

Weaknesses:
- More Damage from Solid Shell Weaponry: Solid Shell Weapons are actually more effective against Narika than Energy Weapons are. This is a critical flaw in the material.

- Magnetic: The metal could be magnetized, thus rendering anything made from it immobile.

- Glancing Blows: Blows that are more than glancing ones could destroy this metal easily.

Description:

Narika is a material that was made by the Narrikians from harvesting ore from their planet, and refining it. This metal can withstand a lightsaber for about three attacks before it breaks. The material is also capable of reflecting blaster bolts but has a critical weakness. Solid shell weapons could be more useful. Radioactive weapons are also able to damage this more, and could probably kill whoever was inside an armor made out of this. Narika is a metal that Force Users can imbue, or enhance or alchemize even if doing so is difficult. The easiest way of altering Narika with the Force is with runes from the book of Force Runes. Narika is a metal that only the Narrikians know the secret of smithing properly. Any other attempts would result in the quality of the item being halved.

Primary Source: N/A

Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Sirius Nova said:
Manufacturer: Narrikians
Could you link the species here?

Sirius Nova said:
- Fairly hard to upgrade with the Force.
Sirius Nova said:
The easiest way of altering Narika with the Force is with runes from the book of Force Runes.
These seem to go against each other. Could you add some detail to them both?

Sirius Nova said:
The material is also capable of reflecting blaster bolts but has a critical weakness.
What weakness?

Sirius Nova said:
+ Small amount of Lightsaber Protection.
I know there's some elaboration on this in the description section, but could you go into more detail in the strengths section as well, please?

Sirius Nova said:
- Narrikians are the only ones who can forge it presently.
This is not a weakness, please drop it.

[member="Sirius Nova"]

Sirius Nova said:
+ Small amount of Lightsaber Protection: Due to in the Process of Forging, Runes being inlaid on the metal this is capable of resisting ten blows of a Lightsaber.
Sirius Nova said:
- Ten Slashes and Done: Ten attacks with a Lightsaber in the same spot, one after another could break through the protection that this metal is capable of providing.
I'm going to need a 10-15 post long development thread to keep this as is. Otherwise, if you want this approved without dev, drop "ten blows" to "glancing blows" (or something synonymous, if you have a more elegant way to put it) and we should be good to go.

[member="Sirius Nova"]

[member="Sirius Nova"]

EDIT: Forgot to add, if you want to keep this at mass-produced it will potentially be added to the restricted materials list. If you're fine with that, no need to edit anything, but if you'd rather it wasn't restricted you'll have to drop production to limited.

[member="Aria Vale"]:

I believe I've made the edits you require. Soon going to be submitting a bunch of Subs that will be used by the Narrikians to the Factory. This metal is just one of the components needed to start on the subs.

Hi [member="Sirius Nova"]!

I am going to approve this with the understanding that this material is as lightsaber resistant as other non-restricted materials that are capable of surviving a graze from a lightsaber. If it is reported otherwise this may be subjected to re-review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom