Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MZ-10 Self-Propelled Heavy Pulse Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Umbris Potestas Est
T-28+Super+Heavy+002.jpg

Image from Blogspot

Intent: To develop an exceptionally powerful heavy vehicle destroyer for the New Order to utilize.
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/31567-contract-1-decent-firepower/
Manufacturer: Subach-Innes
Model: MZ-10 Self-Propelled Heavy Pulse Cannon
Affiliation: New Order
Modularity: Minor(paint scheme, secondary weapon)
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel-Adamithium composite(hull), Duranium(frame)
Description: Developed by Subach-Innes, the MZ-10 is a much larger and more developed version of the old MZ-8 Heavy Pulse Cannon once used by the Zann Consortium. While the chassis' basic layout was derived from the MZ-8, the design features a much more powerful powerplant, thicker armor, and above all, a more powerful main gun. The pulse cannon used as the primary weapon is more than capable of eliminating the majority of enemy tanks with a single shot. However, it requires a significant cooldown period of around twenty seconds, and is ineffective against fast repulsorcraft such as speeders or speederbikes. Mounted next to the main gun is a large-bore scattergun, used for anti-infantry work and able to create an effective cone of anti-infantry fire up to 150m. A heavy repeating blaster is located in a slit as part of the rear plate, for added anti-infantry defense. Both of these can be replaced with other secondary weapons depending on the needs of the individual battalions issued them. While powerful and well-armored, the MZ-10 is slow, has a limited gun traverse, and turns slowly. As well, it has difficulty crossing some planetary bridges due to its weight. Nonetheless, it is the most powerful mobile assault gun in the Imperial arsenal.
Role: Heavy Vehicle Destroyer
Height: 2.85m
Length: 11m
Width: 4.4m
Weight: 85 metric tons
Powerplant: Fusion reactor
Minimum Crew: 2
Optimal Crew: 4
Propulsion: Tracks
Top Speed: 30 km/h
Armaments: 1 heavy pulse cannon(effective range 4km, max range 8km), 1 heavy scattergun(effective range 100m, max range 150m), 1 heavy repeating blaster(effective range 150m, max range 250m)
Passenger Capacity: N/A
Cargo Capacity: 150kg
Misc. Equipment: Double tracks

Alright, [member="Enigma"]

I got some stuff for you to look at, and make some changes and we'll go from there:

• Change/Remove - Material: Durasteel-Adamithium composite(exterior armor), Duranium(hull). This appears to me as double layered which you apparently have stated. If this is the case, I would ask you remove Duranium. Make the entire submission from your own compound of Adamithium. Understand though that this will probably make this machine alot heavier. As it stands right now, the weight is barely within the threshold of tolerance for how much you're putting metal wise on a chasis. I'm not even sure an engine could handle that, much less tracks and so forth. You'd break them.
  • Remove - Shielding. No question about it. The shielding ontop of the Materials you have listed, even down to the one I requested you compose it of, makes this machine unstoppable. It needs to be removed completely.
  • Reduction - Reduce range of the scattergun to 150m. As quoted by Wookiepedia: "since the pellets scattered if fired from too far away; this made the weapon more suited for close-quarters combat."
  • Change/Question - Propulsion System, who makes it? What propels the tracks? This is important.
  • Remove - Passengers, I can see Optimal Crew being 4, Minimal being 2. No need for Passengers in this type of vehicle with this intention.
  • Reduction - Cargo Capacity reduced down to 150-175. Again, a vehicle of this nature doesn't have the excess need for cargo.
  • Modularity Question - You said Secondary weapon can be changed out. Please specify.

Please tag me once these changes have been made so we can proceed.

Thanks!

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Aaralyn Rekali"]

Edited. With regards to the powerplant, the current template for vehicles(as located in the company template page) does not state I need to give any information about whatever engine is used to power this machine. If the template has been wrong this entire time, and some rule change has been added in setting we need to list powerplants for vehicles, I'll gladly edit and add it, but no need to if it isn't needed per the current regulations.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Enigma"]
Please list your propulsion/power plant system. The template does not specifically list this as the starship guide does, but obviously a diesel engine will not power a laser cannon. Clarify, please.

Also, do not argue with an FJ. To do so is grounds for denial. Keep that in mind. Thank you.

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Popo"] I stated that were she to state that the template was wrong and I needed to add information about the vehicle's powerplant, I would gladly do so. No argument there. Regardless, powerplant information has been edited in for when [member="Aaralyn Rekali"] looks the submission over again. Thank you.

[member="Enigma"]

• ScatterGun range is still not fixed. Please address this issue as we discussed before, that would be most appreciated.
  • Question - What are the effective ranges for the Scattergun? Cannon? Repeater? Maximum and Effective would be ideal. Please list this accordingly.
  • Question - Does this vehicle follow the same principles and designs as the MZ-8?

In Umbris Potestas Est
Dunno why the ranges and whatnot need to be so specific, but edited anyways. As for following the same principles and designs as the MZ-8... Not sure how to answer that. I suppose roughly - same idea was put into place with this design as a heavy vehicle destroyer. I'd assume the layout of the crew was the same as the MZ-8, but the latter's never had a cross-section done or anything, so I have no idea. They do both have forward mounted guns with limited traverse, in concert with a wide track-base, though the mantlet of the MZ-10 is hemispherical while the MZ-8's is flat or fixed, and the latter carries no anti-infantry weapons.

[member="Enigma"]

The principles of the MZ-8 is that it can one-shot KO an AT-AT. Can the MZ-10 do the same or more? You have it listed as:
Developed by Subach-Innes, the MZ-10 is a much larger and more developed version of the old MZ-8 Heavy Pulse Cannon once used by the Zann Consortium.

In Umbris Potestas Est

In my development thread(the one I'm doing with one of Syn's alts, can't link it here due to being on my iPhone), an uparmored AT-AT was immobilized with one shot and incapacitated with the second. The damage to the target itself was detailed graphically in the test fire post. If we're referencing differences, the MZ-10 is far more heavily armored and slower. Plus I don't know if the MZ-8's gun has any traverse at all, or if the whole tank has to turn.

[member="Enigma"]

Alright, so here is the skinny:

• Production needs to be reduced. Take it down to Minor at best, limited is a worst case scenario.
  • Additionally, I cannot approve anything without seeing the development thread. It must also be completed.

[member="Enigma"]

So I'm going to have to ask you do something a bit more in-depth. I'm not denying your submission but outright giving you a 2nd chance to submit a development thread.

If this development thread is unable to meet the requirements for this submission, I will be unable to approve this.

One additional change which I noticed:

CHANGE: Reload time needs to go from 10 seconds to 20 or more seconds.

In Umbris Potestas Est
Have been gone for two days without any access to the Internet, so haven't been able to get anything going. Should start a new dev thread today, tomorrow at the latest. If I can find someone to help me finish it..."

@Engima

This is being moved to the Archives.

When everything is in order and you have all items together, ducks in a row and set straight. Please resubmit this.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom