Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My, what nice ships you have!

[member="Selka Ventus"]

Someone forgot to tell Niamh that she was in a coma. When she did wake up, and start flinging all the wires off of herself, not to mention punching out a few of the orderlies that she thought were trying to get fresh with her, it took a considerable amount of work for them to get her in line. Chiefly it took them a whole lot of people to hold her down so someone could stick a needle in her arm and give her a dose of some sedative or other. This made her physically calm down, but it didn't do a lick of good for her mind.

"What's going on? Where am I? Why am I here? What happened?"

"Relax, Ms. Raste. All in due time. You've been in a coma for several months."

She blinked and lifted a hand, slowly, to touch her head. "Months?"

"Months," the doctor said again. "You were brought in after a nasty battle with the Sith. Your head was split open."

Niamh was just feeling the car beneath her hair when she was told that. It made her wince and she lay back against the bed. Oddly enough, it made sense to her. Naturally she was forced into a fighting situation just because she was an Echani. She didn't want to fight, she wanted to build, but that just couldn't be allowed.

A sigh escaped her and she looked towards the window and the snow covered area outside. Well, that pretty well assured her that she was on Eshan, at least. She wasn't far from her babies.

"There is someone who wanted to speak with you when you woke. I will send them a message to let them know you're out of your coma."

"Yeah, whatever. I just want to get back to my yards."

The doctor winced, but Niamh didn't see it. She was too busy looking out at the snow.

Jorga the Hutt

When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade
When word reached the Senator (and occasional secret EDY R&D contractor) that [member="Niamh Raste"] had finally awoken, it came in the form of a strong suggestion from both Silk Corporate and the planetary council -- a suggestion that a half-familiar face would be better than nothing. A face who knew the current state of affairs of both Eshan and its Drive Yards. So he flew down from black room 28-L, part of the massive conflux of slips and cargo lanes that characterized the outer edges of the shipyards, and went to visit his fellow Echani engineer.

"Ms Raste? I'm Senator Rel Connory -- you remember me? I've gone by the Bard of the Hyperlanes? Welcome back to the land of the living."

It took a bit before she realized that someone was talking to her again. The sedative was really kicking her teeth in as it were. When it did dawn on her that someone was talking, she turned her head slowly and found herself looking at, of all people, the [member="Bard of the Hyperlanes"]. Yeah, she remembered him. That was something at least. Her memory was quite foggy on most things. Last thing she actually remembered was working on a super secret project to build a massive ship of war for the Compact. She suddenly wondered what happened to that thing.

"I remember you, Bard. I got hit in the head, but I didn't become stupid," she said. "At least I don't think I did."

Sitting up, she winced and offered a sigh.

"So they tell me I've been out like a light for several months now. Everything seems different except for the snow. What's going on out there? Are my babies alright? The Sith didn't destroy them, did they?"

Jorga the Hutt

When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade
[member="Niamh Raste"]

"The opposite." His smile lacked humor. "Eshan Drive Yards ships helped break the Sith Empire. It's gone. Whole thing. The main threat now is the One Sith -- they've taken Coruscant. Times have changed, Niamh, and I'm glad to have you back."

The appreciation would seem genuine, he knew, the emotion perfunctory. Gladness was beyond him now, or vice versa. Such were the results of survival in a galaxy where Sith could kidnap your girlfriend and cut off her hands.

He'd made a dent in the aftermath. Didn't mean he could let himself be happy yet.

"There's any number of projects in the works, ships that could use your expertise, whenever you feel like you can go back to work."

"Oh. Well, good."

So, Echani ships had been essential in stopping the Sith Empire. That was good to know. Made her feel a little bit better about the fact that she'd been unconscious for who knew how long. Seemed like it must have been a while if the Sith Empire had fallen. That didn't even seem remotely possible when she'd last been awake.

She lifted a hand and rubbed it at her head, feeling along the lines of the scar beneath her hair. Fortunate, she was, that the scar was covered. She didn't want a scar on her head. Not that she was vain about her beauty or anything, it was just too obvious a spot to aim for with anything little. Safety hazard more than anything. She wondered if they were going to make her start wearing a helmet everywhere since her skull was weakened.

"I'll be glad to get back to work as soon as I can. In the meantime I'll have me people start working on some of the designs I left unfinished. I'll probably need to talk to Janira and see what we have available in resources, as well."

[member="Bard of the Hyperlanes"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom