Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muunilist: Temple of the Sith

From day one, the construction of the Sith Temple inspired awe and grandeur. The theme was based on old Terran religion temples mixed with traditional Sith stone icongraphy of soaring dragons, multihaded hydra and fire breath phoenixes. Built with stone and other locally quarried materials, it actually helped provide jobs for the local laborers.

The massive wooden doors opened each morning to allow the curious as well as penitents access to meditate on the ways of the Sith. Sith disciples dressed in the dark red and orange robes were present everywhere to answer any question as well as provide security to prevent trouble from occuring.

Guided by Abbot Ambrose "One Ton" Sorbe, a former pit fighter who reformed and began following the ways of the Sith, the Sith Temple sat the heart of Muunilist. Today they opened their doors to the members of press and after a short tour of the facilities, they were brought to dark red room lit with candles. On the walls were giant banners with teachings of the Sith, while statues of various Sith deities watched over them with baneful observance.

Temple_int2_zps41866854.jpg

Bowing to the assembled group, Abbot Sorbe greeted with pleasantly, "Greetings. Members of the press. Welcome to the Temple of the Sith. As you have seen the aim of this temple is to expose people to the teachings of the Sith in order to get better understanding and promote peace and prosperity for all. I am sure you all have questions, and we will accept a few of them. However, before we begin let me state that we are a religious institution, any questions regarding topics outside our preview will be hard pressed to answer. Shall we begin? Embrace the Dark Side."

"You mentioned Embrace the Dark Side, a term I have heard repeatedly throughout the temple. Isn't that dangerous?"

"To the unenlightened that may be so. The Sith believe that everything has a balance, black/white, night/day, right/wrong. One cannot exist without the other. Who among you has never had a ill thought or bad feeling? We all have had it at one point or so in our lives. To pretend that we do not have a darker side, is the equivalent of putting our heads in sand and lying to ourselves. We Sith acknowledge that we have a dark half in us, by Embracing the knowledge we have a dark desire, we can learn how to control it, to harness it, to make it a productive force to be used for our own benefit."

"Is it true that this temple was funded by the Sith Empire? Do you hate Jedi?"

"This temple was partially funded through the good graces of several Sith who saw that by showing all the potential possible we can enlighten people of what the Sith truly are. I am sure a great many of you here think all Sith are stark raving madmen hell bent of killing everyone and everything. Nothing could be farther from the truth. If that were the case, the Sith Empire would be not be as large or as productive as it is now. And to your other question, do I hate Jedi?"

"Hate is a powerful word. Do I hate the fact that Jedi blind themselves to the truth? Do I hate it when Jedi appoint themselves protectors and guardians even when they are not welcome or wanted? Do I hate it when they proclaim to one and all that Sith are liars and thieves? Yes I do hate. I hate these things because I am human, because I am a Sith. However, it is not too late for them to see the error of their ways. The Sith are always open to our lost brothers and sisters the Jedi. If only they would repent and change their ways, we would welcome them with open arms."

This caused much mumbling among the reporters as this is the first time they have ever heard of such a thing. "The Sith seem to thrive in conflict. We saw several of your disciples practicing with weapons in the courtyard. Are you training them for something?"

"We are training them to survive. Like it or not, the universe is a dangerous place, filled with darkness and the unknown. All Sith disciples are given knowledge in the history of our people as well mental and physical training to strengthen themselves. Make no mistake, the Sith do not believe in free rides. If you want something, you have to work hard to attain it through your own efforts."

"Where do your disciples come from? Are you limiting acceptance to only humans?"

"Majority of our disciples are from Muunilist, from the lowest laborer to the son of the rich and famos, everyone who is interested in learning is free to come. Our doors are open to awaken the awareness in peoples minds. We even have pilgrimages from other worlds. We are currently working to translate our works into alien languages to better reach out and spread our words of peace and understanding. Hopefully in the future, we can open more temples on other worlds. It is our goal to bring knowledge and understanding of the Sith to the entire galaxy. Any more questions?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom