Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Murky Mess

[member="Kiara"]

Jak Aviv sighed as he stared out of the viewport at the gloomy sight of Dagobah. It didn't look like much from the outside, and a city-dweller like Jak wouldn't find much in common with the surface - it was mainly dense vegetation and swampland. An odd location for a mentor, to be certain.

Jak had searched for a Master to train him, ever since he felt ready to begin his journey as a Jedi, but with widespread war, famine, disease, and a plethora of other preoccupying circumstances, he had been unable to find one. Then, an old friend of his had told him about an eccentric hermit that lived in the Dagobah system. Supposedly a powerful and wise Force-user, Jak took it upon himself to seek out the hermit and ask for training. He typically didn't make such rash decisions, but he was tired of traveling from system to system in search of a Master. He was ready to train.

The shuttle shook as it entered the atmosphere. "Three minutes to landing. Buckle in, Jak," the emotionless droid announced through the comms system. He did not even have another sentient to accompany him on the ride to the forsaken planet that was Dagobah, only a pilot droid. Sighing again, Jak fastened his harness and prepared for what was to come on the surface. He would find this teacher, and he would train to become a Jedi.

Dagobah. Of all places to land, no, so much as settle, why there? Why the dark gloomy planet of swamps and deadly lurkings? Dagobah. Perhaps that's just why someone wanted to come onto the planet. To seek out danger and exploration. Unfortunately, there wasn't very much in this area, besides an old cave far, far back.
Kiara had dealt with several visitors. It was becoming more and more likely that her name was being known through the few stories spread across the galaxy, and those stories began to multiply as it came time for them to be shared. If this heist was kept up, she wasn't sure how long she would last in solitude.
Already a sign of someone else entering the atmosphere made itself known. It was a terrible feeling, not knowing how strong they may be, what their intentions are before it was too late. That was just how things worked now. Dangerous prodding of the mind, and never minding the worries that came up to the door. The aging woman sat up on her dirt bed and slowly closed her eyes, letting out a hard sigh of defeat. She knew, with the condition the hut was in, and how the path made to her spot was practically uncovered, she would be discovered soon, once again.
Her eyes flickered to the holopads landing across one wall, safely viewing every camera that had been connected from the high trees. Some covered by nature, some broken and in need of repair. She had to face it sooner or later. She was becoming lazy in her hiding and security.

[member="Jak Aviv"]

[member="Kiara"]
The only "clearing" -if that word could be used - that the pilot droid found suitable enough to calculate a landing vector for was truly just a flat-surfaced boulder that prohibited plants from growing there. As Jak observed, the shuttle narrowly avoided outstretched limbs and tucked itself into the landing pocket. An impressive landing. I wonder if there will be a time when even the most Force-sensitive pilots could be replaced by mechanical counterparts. Jak, unlike many other sentients throughout the galaxy, had a respect for droids. They were seen and treated by many as slaves, working tirelessly for their masters.

However, he was in no mood to debate philosophical dilemmas currently. The shuttle touched down and latched into the rocky surface, projecting pressurized gases. ​"You are all cleared to disembark. I am scheduled to return to this spot in 3 standard months for pick-up. Good luck, Jak," the unit called out to him through the comms system. Jak unfastened his harness, grabbed his backpack, and waited as the landing ramp disengaged. Light spilled into view, but Jak could see that only a few steps into the surrounding jungle would obscure much of the light. On a planet as disorienting as this, I'm really gonna have to rely on the Force, he thought to himself as he shouldered his pack and took his first steps into the wild.

Ahhh... The presence. It always came, no matter small, big, or familiar. Even those who thought making their body disappear into the Force could still be seen as a missing piece of the puzzle. It was no trick to see past it. Kiara quietly rose to a full standing point, creating a line of cricks and cracks of the gas being broken off from several pieces of bone on her back, then settled back down. A hunch was formed, at the bit of tilting, though it never grew bigger through her years.
Her unbalanced form found itself in front of a dirt workshop, where several pieces of mechanical madness laid before her. Some pieces not seen since several years back. She flipped and twirled a few wrenches into place, then went to work on stripping and peeling wires. It took up most of the time, but it was well worth it.
What better way to seem harmless, than to act surprised and drop a hammer when someone came in?
[member="Jak Aviv"]

[member="Kiara"]

The humidity was the first thing Jak noticed in the lush jungle. The second was the smell. Sweat beaded down his face, beckoned out from his body by the trapped air underneath the canopy. And up from the ground rose the combined odors of everything rotten, decomposing, and poisonous all leeching into the air and invading his nostrils. The life of a Jedi isn't one of comfort, but . . . kark, he thought to himself. Wiping his face, he continued to trudge through the mud and undergrowth until he came upon a slight incline that eventually dropped off into a rocky cliff. Stopping short of the edge as to not fall off, Jak surveyed the view before him.

Trees, a staggering amount of trees stretched out over the horizon. No buildings, no villages, no cities poked out of the endless green expanse. Grimacing, Jak sat down on the ledge of the cliff. Focus. Meditate. If there's a powerful Force-user nearby, I will find him or her. Closing his eyes, Jak began to let the Force fill him with its presence. His senses sharpened and he felt his awareness grow. He became aware of nearby animals, crawling or slithering about; of hidden caves and crevices; and . . . there. A surge in the Force not far off. Rising, Jak took off down the slope he came up in a jog, filled with determination.

Heat was not an uncommon thing to stumble upon in the thick swamps of murky muds. Even, at times, you could find an especially hot area and build around it like a sauna, only to realize you were inside of a creature's mouth. Luckily, that story was not for today. Kiara continued her business, all alike, carefully and quickly.
Her Force presence was like a shocking bolt for normal users to find themselves sensing. A twisted mix of pitch black, grey, witch, light, white, and void filled, strapping onto one another in a twist of thin stands of each other, only to find themselves mixing back around the void that knowledge and power could never fill.
It was like her heart. There are many theories as to why she lived in the swamp, all alone, but so far no one ever got a true reasonable answer that deserved a title page.
[member="Jak Aviv"]

[member="Kiara"]

His jungle trek slowed by several slip-ups and dangerous creature sightings, Jak finally emerged from a copse of bushes to a small clearing. He could feel the power in the Force much stronger now. Though . . . it wasn't all light side energy. There was something else. Something more dangerous, more powerful. He would have to be careful.

Pulling his blaster from his holster, Jak slowly examined his surroundings. He would have liked to have had a lightsaber by now, but he did not have the expertise nor the teacher to guide him in the process. He wouldn't consider himself a true Jedi without one, though.

Trees bent over in many directions, but they could not hide what looked to be a path heading into some thick brush. Jak carefully and slowly stepped his way over roots and scurrying creatures down the possible path, blaster pointed forward. If this Force user was a Sith . . . Well, he would be dead before he could fire, but the gun still brought him comfort.

"Jibblin' jabble!" A shocked female's voice sounded at the end of the path, where the dirt carried onto a small hut and touched against a plank of various woods piled together to make a door. It was all an act, so far, but still... She wasn't so sure how smart this Jedi was. Even then, she was making false connections in her mind to make it appear as if she were truly shocked.
The woman's blue robed form stumbled out of the hut without a moment's notice, the staff flinging to a side just before a small burst of flames erupted in the hut, right where it seemed a piece of droid equipment was being worked on. After a quick flip of the staff to be placed in front of her, she stared forward at the stranger who entered her area of Dagobah.
A stranger. Danger. Stranger danger. "Who are you?! What do you want?!"
[member="Jak Aviv"]

[member="Kiara"]

Jak couldn't help but slightly jump as the creature suddenly yelled out before exposing itself from what now appeared to be a hut. Can't let nerves get the best of me again . . . I should be better than that.

Lowering his blaster to the ground, Jak raised his other hand in a gesture of peace and lack of danger. The creature, which now showed itself to be a human and not an other odd sentient species, would hopefully see that he indeed meant no harm. He wanted to trust that she was weak and feeble, and not merely tricking him to kill him or something of that sort, but anything could happen out here on Dagobah. He would have to stay on his toes.

"Please, I mean you no harm. I'm only here to look for someone." Jak stated, hoping to get some information without truly revealing his mission.

The hermit slowly scoffed in disgust, then ran back inside to fetch some water and pour it over the burning components. Only after about half a minute, she came back out with a more relaxed face planted on her nimble, aging form. "I can't help ya, I don't know nobody who lives in these areas." She explained rapidly, making hurry to shoo him off with direction of her cane.
It was clear she didn't want to be bothered. But that didn't stop a lot of people.
[member="Jak Aviv"]

[member="Kiara"]

Jak shook his head; he wasn't about to just turn away with no lead and no direction. He still felt the power of the Force around him; it was quite possible that the hermit herself was indeed the Force user, and only trying to conceal her power. "Please," Jak said to the human, "There has to be something you know. If you are not the person I seek herself."

"Bleh, bleh bleh!" She exclaimed with a drooly shout, flapping her robe lightly in the wind as she slammed the wooden door shut with the butt of her cane and concealed herself inside the dirt hut even further. "You're full of nonsense, I have no idea who you're looking for."
[member="Jak Aviv"]

[member="Kiara"]

Jak felt something stir inside him. The Force, ever present and ever powerful, nudged his mind, alerting him, enlightening him. He felt a surge of confidence rush through him. This was the teacher he was searching for. "You can drop the act, hermit. You are the teacher I seek; I see it now, thanks to the Force." The ruse was up, Jak was certain. Unless he was mistaken, and he would look like a complete fool. But he didn't feel as though that was the case.

The hermit grumbled noisily from the confines which she held herself and made it clear that she did not want to be bothered with a the sudden loud sound of sparks emitting from a wielder. "Get off my swamp! I don't teach Jedi anymore!"
[member="Jak Aviv"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom