Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multi Invasion Idea

Within any war there isn't just one city being attacked. There are multiple paths, multiple objectives, and in a star wars universe that can be more than just areas on a planet. For the longest time skirmishes here on Chaos have involved one faction invading one planet of another, and only one at a time. As a result, especially for large factions, the invasions can get cluttered and hard to keep track of.

So what I suggest is a multi invasion clause, where if two major factions agree on it, multiple invasions can be issued. Long ago, the OS invaded the GR and in return the GR counter invaded, in which members could only be in one or the other. With what I'm suggesting, it would be the same. If the OS were to launch three invasions simultaneously, members of both the GR and the OS would have to pick one of these threads and be stuck there.

With this however, the major faction has to declare all intended invasions, and can't just spring one out without the other Faction knowing.

As a result, the numbers in an invasion thread will lessen, making it easier for those within one invasion to keep track of the posts without coming back to see 30+ made. On top of this, it gives the map the ability to constantly shift, and help keep drama from these threads lower as it'll be easier to see posts.

Currently I've only had two hours of sleep, but this idea came to me while I was at work, and though this isn't completed, I wanted to see what people thought, if they had any suggestions or concerns, or any questions.

[member="Darth Ferus"]
Simul invasions are not allowed and the multi invasion concept could cause unbalance in the invasion rules. Also, why do multiple invasions when you can just do numbers of skirmishes? It's a good concept, but with the rules as they are and the board set up the way it is, I just can't see how it's feasible right now. That said, I'd love to see the finished concept when you get around to working it all out.

[member="Arrbi Betna"]

Within the star wars universe it was never just one planet being attacked at a time, but multiple from my understanding. And with multiple invasions comes a much more shifting map rather than a stagnant as it has been in the past.

This is all mostly because most invasions end up with around 1k posts, and most people loose track on whats going on around them easily.

[member="Darth Ferus"] l [member="Arrbi Betna"]

The OS and GR had two invasions going on at once, Kashyyyk (OS invading) and Prakaith (GR counter invading). I believe that the Prakaith invasion was slow posting/stalling due to the Kashyyyk invasion.

[member="Darth Ferus"]

I like your idea but it comes down to faction activity, one side or the other has more activity.

I proposed the idea of having three separate threads for each invasion objective but in theory it would be to hard for the judges (FA/FL/RPJ) to follow.

[member="Darth Venefica"]

I remember the multi objective one, and I remember it not working out too well x3

But activity has always been an issue, even in the case of a single invasion. If you have two going on at the same time and have all the active people in one group and the not so active people in the other, well. it would be like having all the active people in one objective and the not so active people in another. The only difference between this and a regular invasion is that it's more than one planet, and thus more than one thread.

[member="Darth Ferus"]

Hmmm......perhaps it could work, but the rule states: A Major Faction may only begin one invasion at a time and may not start another until the original invasion is completed and judged. So Admin would either need to change the rule or break their own rule by allowing it.

sabrina

[member="Darth Venefica"] we did it against the op and gr as os, but it does require agreement. Not to be forced on a faction to defend against multiple invasions, this was the rpj judgement

[member="sabrina"]

I understand....but with the rule in place as it is, permission from the Big Boys and Girls would be needed as well. Plus that's a lot of planning and a lot of work on the judges, since the FA/FL of the respected Factions do the judging. We can't expect to bog down RPJs with multiple invasions. And promoting people to FA or FJ just to look over threads would be pointless.

sabrina

[member="Darth Venefica"] no agreed, but the is no rule stopping it, it just can not be forced on people. As op mando and gr wanted to do to the os, which woul have been wrong.
Though we did do two threads once, for same invasion so people did not get overload with the one thread.
That might option for each objective.

[member="sabrina"]

I love the idea of having three separate threads per invasion objective. That would prevent clutter and make it easy for people to track in their respective threads. But I was politely told that it would overwork the judges to keep track of three separate threads. Which makes sense.

sabrina

[member="Darth Venefica"] must of been an issue that I did not know about during the second alderaan invasion, that I don't know about.
I would ask [member="Tefka"] as he was admin at time I think, and would know more about than I did as an observer. Though I did enjoy it, and thought worked quite well.

I was under the impression simultaneous invasions were ruled out because it meant every faction could dogpile one faction at the same time to keep them from all participating in them all, as the board does not run on a timeline that is static rather than fluid.

Pretty sure this was tried by the GR, Mandalorians, and I think Omega Protectorate a while back when this was brought up and ruled against. Not sure why you would want this to be revisited.

I've always wondered about this. In logical thinking, there probably wouldn't be just one. The faction that is attacking would likely bolster their troops and attack multiple points (planets) at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom