Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech MTX Isotope 5 Cell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ljon1gl.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To sub a replacement for Diatium Powercells
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A - Arceneau Trade Tier 6 Restricted Material of Isotope 5 selection
  • Primary Source: Chris, he's so great and awesome, much better then that smelly Rhys.
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Mini Power Cell
Strengths:
  • Mini-Cell: The MTX-Isotope 5 Cell is in simplest terms is a reiteration of the standard Diatium powercell found in many lightsabers across the galaxy. Utilizing the Refined Isotope 5 created by Mara TibX the I5 Cell produces nearly fifty percent more energy than the standard Diatium model, meaning it has increased functionality and strength compared to it's older cousin. The I5 has many of the same uses as the Diatium Power Cell as well as a few more due to it's more recent design and creation.
Weaknesses:
  • Splintered Power: Though not unstable, the fact that the I5 Cell Produces more power can sometimes cause it's function to be somewhat...funky. The Cell at times has a habit of overproducing energy, which can cause malfunctions in devices. For instance, if utilized in a lightsaber the cell may sometimes produce excess energy, causing the blade to flicker and burst for a brief second, potentially causing injury to the user. Several other effects have been observed in other uses of the cell, though these occurrences are rare enough to make the devices marketable.
DESCRIPTION
As Mara TibX continues to expand and create upon it's line of Refined Isotope-5 products, one of the few things that the corporation noticed was the use of a single powersource within the weapons of Force Users both Jedi and Sith.

Seeing an opportunity to create and open up a new market, Mara TibX began the development of their own replacement for the commonly used Diatium PowerCell. As the research & development department of the company began to look into the system and just how lightsaber utilize the cell, the scientists at Mara began to realize that the cell was both limited, and not properly utilized throughout it's lifetime.

Coming to understand this, the company set to work on creating a product that not only matched the Diatium Cells, but performed better than them.
The process was a long one, and could only be completed once another branch of the corporation created Refined Isotope-5. With a more stabilized compound, the company was able to create a miniature powercell that in effect had the same function as the Diatium versions, save for with a higher energy output.

At the same time the development team was able to create additional functionality within the device, giving the team an opportunity to expand on just how the I5 Cell could be utilized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom