Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MTB-01 Mobile Tractorbeam

zQFn41s.jpg

Image source: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-40_radar

Intent: To have anti-air capability for Red Raven owned planets without the need for Interceptors.

Developement thread: If needed

Manufacturer: Deathtech Incorperated

Model: MTB-01 Mobile Tractorbeam

Affiliation: Red Ravens

Modularity: None

Production: Limited

Materials: Durasteel and electronics

Role: Anti-Aircraft

Length: 20 meters

Height: 25 meters with tractor dish raised, 15 meters packed

Width: 10 meters

Weight: 35 metric tons

Minimal crew: 2 trained soldiers

Optimal crew: 2 trained techs and 2 trained soldiers

Propulsion: Tracked vehichle with an Isotope-5 reactor to power the tractorbeam.

Top speed: 55 kmh

Armaments: Tractor beam emitter

Squadron count: 5

Passenger capacity: None

Cargo capacity: None

Misc. Equipment: Survival gear for all four optimal crew members.

Description: With a need for a military rising within the Red Ravens Deathtech Incorperated created an old school take on anti-air capability. The Ravens needed a vehichle capable of pulling Interceptors, Bombers, and Dropships out of the sky without completly destroying them. A modified tractor beam projector mounted on a tracked vehichle is the perfect way to yank Ships out of the sky. A crew of four highly trained opperators can cover 5 square kilometers of unobstructed terrain using this weapons system. The vehicle has survival gear for all four opperators including 3 days rations. The Isotope-5 reactor powers the tractor beam which allows it to pull a maximum sized ship of the same size as a clone dropship. It is best to deploy this system with atleast three squads of 8 soldiers each, two rifleman squad and one anti-vehicle squad.

Amelia Deathman said:
Description: With a need for a military rising within the Red Ravens Deathtech Incorperated created an old school take on anti-air capability. The Ravens needed a vehichle capable of pulling Interceptors, Bombers, and Dropships out of the sky without completly destroying them. A modified tractor beam projector mounted on a tracked vehichle is the perfect way to yank Ships out of the sky. A crew of four highly trained opperators can cover 5 square kilometers of unobstructed terrain using this weapons system. The vehicle has survival gear for all four opperators including 3 days rations. The Isotope-5 reactor powers the tractor beam which allows it to pull a maximum sized ship of the same size as a clone dropship. It is best to deploy this system with atleast three squads of 8 soldiers each, two rifleman squad and one anti-vehicle squad.

Your vehicle is carrying a reactor designed specifically for starships, fueling a tractor beam to pull down ships that are generally going to be over triple to quadruple the size of both the tractor beam 'tower' and the vehicle itself. Your tractor beam dish, based on math done by removing the dimensions of the vehicle, is about ten meters tall, and if we take into consideration that your imagery shows it to be roughly as wide as the vehicle carrying it, it is about 10 to 12 meters wide. The size of a tractor beam emitter used on capital ships, most often being star destroyers with ten or more engines and a much larger power source, are comparable to the size of large capital grade weaponry, or about double the size of this vehicle itself with the dish included. I am aware of the power output of Isotope-5 as a raw material, but the submission you are using (for the reactor) has several issues I need to see addressed. I need to see all the issues of the Isotope-5 reactor addressed, and I need you to remove the defined size of a ship that it may pull out of the air.

I completely understand. At the time I made this sub I will admit I did not know it was that big. I will think of another power source and mention you when I update my post. For now please table this submission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom