Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MT-X174 ShieldFire Cannon

450px-Pulse_Laser.jpg

Image Source: http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/elitedangerous.gamepedia.com/thumb/7/79/Pulse_Laser.jpg/450px-Pulse_Laser.jpg?version=e3347877f50d57997eae28e45f0f512d
Intent: To make an innovative weapon for Lord Ajihad and his personal ship
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Mystic Tekk
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Lord Ajihad
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Durasteel, Laser Emitter, Frequency Analyzer, Frequency Controller, Shield Emitter, Heat Vents, MT-U23 Anti-Thermal Rod
Description: In space battles, shields can be very annoying for someone who wants to destroy an enemy ship. Lord Ajihad didn't want to be hindered by this inconvenience, so he invented himself a solution. The MT-X174 ShieldFire cannon has the capabilities required to bypass an an enemy's shields, making space battles quite a bit easier. A small beam is fired from the cannon, which hits the enemy's shields, and analyzes them. It learns the shield's frequency, then send it to the Frequency Controller. This changes the pulse beam's frequency to match that of the enemy's shields. When the beam is fired, due to the identical frequencies, it passes right through the enemy's shield array.

However, this beam isn't an astoundingly powerful one, not making it an ideal assault weapon. Instead, a good naval commander will use it to destroy an enemy's shield generators. This will open up an opportunity for the ship to open fire with its main gunnery, inflicting the corresponding amount of damage.

This gun comes with heat vents, as well as cooling rods in case it overheats. This is a good feature for drawn-out combat, and for when the gun is used frequently. It also has a shield emitter, for when an enemy targets it and begins to open fire.

RESEARCH REVIEW
[member="Lord Ajihad"]
The concept here is Shield Penetrating Laser.

Its the execution that I don't get. Shield frequency isn't something I have seen referenced in any canon material, even the existing canon weapons that bypass shields don't reference that. In fact most canon weapons that bypass shields are fairly vague.

There are however, numerous shield penetrating weapons.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/55354-scion-6m-mounted-cannon
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/36059-sienar-j-series-solar-ionization-cannon/
to name only a few.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

I understand your reservations on this. These two other submissions you linked are ionization cannons, which differ from your typical laser. However, just think about this:

The shields on a ship that block lasers are generally also made of light. For example: Ray shields. These all are projected a certain light wave frequencies. If the cannon firing the laser can analyze and utilize the exact same frequency of the shield, it won't block it.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Huh, thanks. For some reason I was thinking along the lines that laser bolts were something a little different... I have no idea what was going through my mind. Sorry about that! You can deny/archive this or whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom