Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech MR1 Disruptor Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
real_time_sci_fi_gun_based_on_jim_svanberg_art_by_david_j-d62wn22.jpg

Image Source: 'David J' - Deviantart
Intent: To create a new disruptor rifle for Suvian Sciences to sell
Development Thread: If needed
Manufacturer: Suvian sciences, Originally designed by Makkik and Alakikk
Model: MR1 Disruptor Rifle
Affiliation: Suvian Sciences' customers
Modularity: None
Production: Minor
Material: The usual materials, DE MK 1 Crystal Core
Classification: Disruptor rifle
Size: Handheld
Length: 370mm
Weight: 4kg
Ammunition Type: DE MX 1 Crystal Core
Ammunition Capacity: Virtually limitless ammunition count, due to the nature of the Crystal Core. However, the cooldown period between shots is notable. (Read below)
Effective Range: The range, due to the nature of a disruptor rifle, is high*, though the effectiveness of the beam greatly drops after 90 meters (just under 100 yards).
Rate of Fire: Single-shot
Special Features:
Powered by a DE MK 1 Crystal Core

Description: Made per a request by Makkik's boss, the MR1 Disruptor is the first personal weapon in the galaxy made with Suvian Sciences' patented DE MK 1 Crystal Core. Like all disruptor weaponry, it fires a long beam of energy, sustained by the powerful Crystal Core, which literally breaks apart a small part of their target at a moleculor level, capable of punching through many forms of armor, as well, due to this. Though materials such as Beskar and Phrik will not be vaporized, rather simply weakened at the spot where the disruptor beam hit; widening the space between molocules, and causing the metal to become less dense, and therefore more vunerable. However, unlike most disruptor weaponry, it does not exert enough energy to completely disintegrate it's target into a pile of ash. Rather, it vaporizes a small hole, prehaps two inches around. Due to this, a fairly good shot is required to kill a target, rather then simply disintegrating an immidietly cauterized hole. Which, of course,w ill hurt like hell; but is not fatal. As it is a fairly long range weapon, since it's beam pretty much keeps going forwards until it hits something (though after 90 meters or so, the beam is practically useless), the rifle is also equiped with a low-powered scope.

The most unique, and most important, feature of the rifle is the fact that it's powered by a DE MK 1 Crystal Core, patented by Suvian Sciences. The Crystal Core contains massive amounts of energy, per it's design, therefore gives the weapon a ridiculous amount of ammo. As Crystal Cores contain nearly limitless amounts of energy, the rifle does as well. However... this does not come without weaknesses. The Crystal core exerts large amounts of energy, meaning two things. One, in order for the weapon not to heat up to a point where it explodes after every shot, the core is exposed on the side of the rifle. As it is highly volatile, and would probably explode if tampered with, this can serve to be a major problem. If the core (the blue circle in the image) was cracked even slightly, or damaged in another way, it would result in a pretty powerful, but small, explosion. Which would almost certainly kill, or horribly injure, the soldier. Secondly, the rifle has a subsantial cooldown period. The core must cool about fourty-five seconds between every shot, somewhat making the rifle's nearly limitless ammo obselete, as it takes longer to cool down then it would to reload. Failure to allow the core to cool down would result in overheat, with much the same effects as if the core was damaged.

In short; It's a glass canon, with good range but a horrendous cool-down period.

*Quoted from wiki: "A disruptor weapon shot a constant beam of energy that would travel in a straight direction until it hit solid matter, so this made disruptors very popular as sniping weapons"

(c) Makkik and Suvian Sciences [member="Jeff Solaris"]

Why!? Why does everyone want disruptor rifles all of the sudden?!

Anyways, if there's a significant cooldown period, could I ask why you want it to be semi-automatic? (Semi-automated weapons, by definition, will fire a limited burst, with enough of a delay to not be considered full-auto, and thus reach the period of over-heating very quickly.)

I may have misunderstood based on syntax, but this seems a bit contradictory and even poses as a major flaw.
[member="Makkik"]

I've loved disruptor rifles for years, that's why. :p

In canon they can punch a hole through beskar'gam, vaporize the mandalorian in his armor, and punch out the other side. I just toned them down so that I would've get factory-banned for suggesting it.... >.> <.<

Anyway. I honestly wasn't sure what this would be considered, semi-automatic probably isint' the best description. What would the fire rate be?

[member="Darth Sinna"]

Makkik said:
I've loved disruptor rifles for years, that's why. :p

In canon they can punch a hole through beskar'gam, vaporize the mandalorian in his armor, and punch out the other side. I just toned them down so that I would've get factory-banned for suggesting it.... >.> <.<

Anyway. I honestly wasn't sure what this would be considered, semi-automatic probably isint' the best description. What would the fire rate be?

[member="Darth Sinna"]
I would personally go with either a single fire, or a short burst of 2-3 shots per burst. Generally anything used as a sniper, such as this, would be either a single-shot or burst of 3, as automated weapons have poor accuracy.

Thank you, and as I see you have a good cooldown listed, as well as the weakness mentioned above, this seems ready to go for me. Approved, pending secondary.

[member="Makkik"]

I have no idea what the average is, I tried looking it up on google, both star wars rifles and real life ones, and couldn't find anything. :l

[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

Well from the image it looks like an M4, so I'm going to go with those measurements. Please edit in for Length 370mm and 4kg for weight. I just went off with the average weight and measurement of the M4 Carbine. :) [member="Makkik"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom