Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle MR-2233 Rail Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
543x792_4994_Desolation_Road_2d_sci_fi_train_picture_image_digital_art_zpswefbkglc.jpg

Image Source: Cover art for Desolation Road by Ian McDonald

Intent: To provide a means of transport for people and cargo throughout the MandalRail railroad systems.

Development Thread: N/A

Manufacturer: MandalMotors Technologies Inc.

Model: MR-2230

Affiliation:
  • MandalRail
  • ATC
  • Various shipping and transportation services

Modularity:
  • Passenger Cars (Sizes Vary)
  • Cargo Cars (Size Vary)

Production: Mass Produced

Material:
  • Mandalorian Steel
  • Durasteel
  • Wood
  • Bantha Leather
  • Electronics

Role: General Transportation

Height: 13 Meters

Length: 25 Meters

Width: 6 Meters

Weight: 400 Metric Tons

Minimum Crew: 10

Optimal Crew: 15

Propulsion: Magnetic Rail System

Top Speed: 600 Kph
  • 400 Kph For detached cars

Armaments: Light Laser turret to repel would-be raiders and the scare off animals blocking the rail on engine and caboose car

Squadron Count: N/A

Passenger Capacity:
  • Cargo: Not meant to hold passengers
  • Civilian: 1200 - 1400
Cargo Capacity:
  • Cargo: 30,000 Metric Tonnes
  • Civilian: 10,000 Metric Tonnes
Misc. Equipment:
  • Power Cells
  • Power Cell Cooling Tank
  • Navigation Equipment

Description: While not nearly as power efficient as the trains that dominate the rail systems of advanced metropolis city planets, the MR-2230 is a crude, almost last minuted design developed by MandalMotors Technologies. With a hull of Mandalorian Steel the cars themselves are incredibly sturdy and resilient to even the harshest of weather and also blaster weapons. Designed like a civilian tank and taking concepts utilized in many Mandalorian capital ships, each car is fully self sufficient and equipped with back-up generators and engines should it for some reason be removed from the main engine car.

There are generally only three types of car: Cargo, Engine, and Passenger. While how these are configured can vary they all serve singular purposes. For example, Passenger cars can hold kitchens, full sized bed rooms with individual showers, ball rooms, or they can be as bare bones as wooden seats with luggage capacity.

Primary Source:

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Gilamar Skirata said:
Development Thread: (The main way people work for their toys, though most submissions don't require a development thread. Restricted items require specific development threads. Substantial development threads can help judges approve more powerful submissions. If in doubt, put 'If necessary,' and a judge may or may not ask you for one.)
Still got the text in there.

Gilamar Skirata said:
Height: 35 Meters Length: 15.24 Meters
Decimal issues?

Gilamar Skirata said:
Top Speed: 2200 Kph
This is just under Mach 2, and a heck of a lot faster than most repulsorlift stuff and maglev stuff I'm aware of, plus this is supposed to be a crude design. What's the rationale for the speed?

Gilamar Skirata said:
Squadron Count: 3
You can go ahead and put 'N/A' for this. Squadron count isn't super relevant here.

Gilamar Skirata said:
each car is fully self sufficient and equipped with back-up generators and engines should it for some reason be removed from the main engine car.
What's their top speed?

Gilamar Skirata said:
Cargo, Engine, and Passenger.
Do your dimensions refer to the Engine cars, or all three?

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
Jorus Merrill said:
This is just under Mach 2, and a heck of a lot faster than most repulsorlift stuff and maglev stuff I'm aware of, plus this is supposed to be a crude design. What's the rationale for the speed?
Was basing speeds off of real world Car vs Train and extrapolating that to Repulsor car vs Star Wars technology train. There wasn't really any rationale behind it other than "If real trains are faster than cars than SW trains must be faster than SW cars" I can change this if its an issue.

Jorus Merrill said:
Do your dimensions refer to the Engine cars, or all three?
Yes(?) Not great with scale and dimensions, I just know that its a big, tall train.

Jorus Merrill said:
You can go ahead and put 'N/A' for this. Squadron count isn't super relevant here.
Edited

Jorus Merrill said:
Decimal issues?
Metric doesn't like to play nice. Edited.

Jorus Merrill said:
Still got the text in there.
Edited

[member="Gilamar Skirata"]

OK. For the speed, dial it down some; this bulky train can outpace starfighters in atmo. Also, I need a separate speed for the cars' emergency self-propulsion.

As for the dimensions, also worth noting that it's currently 2.3x taller than it is long. Might want to switch that lol.

There's all kinds of questions I could ask about cargo capacity, number of cars, etc., but let's not go to that level of detail.

[member="Gilamar Skirata"]

Reading what you've got, it's fairly clear to me now that your passenger and cargo capacity stuff is referring to a standard load of X cars, either cargo or passenger. I don't really think we need to get into any further granularity here. This all looks good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom