Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech MPMU Drop Pod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
droppods_opt.jpeg

Image Credit: http://www.primagames.com/games/titanfall/guides/titanfall-eguide/introduction/titanfall-tech
Intent: To create a multi-purpose and multi-use drop pod for use by the Confederacy of Independent Systems and Techno Union
Development Thread: (Not mandatory on creation, but helps give insight to a submission and shows effort. If not included, depending on the submission, a development thread might be asked for before final judgement)
Manufacturer: Arakyd Industries/Incom Industries (Repulsorlifs)
Model: MPMU Drop Pod
Affiliation: Confederacy of Independent Systems and Techno Union
Modularity: Yes (4 soldiers and their gear/8 battle droids/military supplies/planetary mapping and survey package)
Production: Mass
Material: Durasteel
Description: The Arakyd Industries Multi-Purpose/Multi-Use Drop Pod is a pod created to rapidly deploy small amounts of cargo to a planetary surface. Developed as a way to deploy the Dread Guard into hot zones without risk to more expensive drop ships, these are fired from orbit down to the planet. Before impact, a high powered, single use Incom Industries Repulsorlift is fired to slow the descent to prevent the pod from impacting the surface and destroying itself.

These pods are built inside for modularity. They can fit two standard bucket seats side by side for troopers to sit in a relative comfort. A ladder on one side allows for two more seats to be installed above the bottom two seats. Each bucket seat has a slot to lock in the trooper’s weapon. On the bottom floor is another weapons locker containing grenades, detonators and spare power packs.

If set up for droids, the Pod can carry up to 8 un-deployed battle droids. Additionally, in this set up that merely contains latches and for products to be secured to the shell of the Pod, a variety of weapons, tools, or in non-military situations droid-controlled planetary survey gear can be deployed from orbit.

As this is a multi-use pod, should it not experience too much damage on the descent and landing, it can be collected, and quickly repaired and refitted for another use. Pods will have at most 3 uses before being scrapped. These pods are able to be quickly retrofitted with a ray and particle shield generator for use in and around a combat zone to protect the soldiers and cargo from being shot down during descent.

Role: Multi-Purpose Drop Pod
Height: 10 Meters
Length: 5 meters
Width: 5 meters
Weight: 2.5 metric ton
Minimum Crew: 0
Optimal Crew: 0, Astromech controlled for landing.
Propulsion: 2 Scramjet Boosters/2 single use momentum breaking repulsorlifts
Top Speed: up to 20,000 KM/H
Armaments: None
Passenger Capacity: Up to 4
Cargo Capacity: up to 1 ton of gear/supplies/systems when in cargo modulation
Misc Equipment: Droid brain for minor navigations

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Marek Starchaser"]

Nice sub!

Marek Starchaser said:
as they can be fired from orbit through a planetary and base shields directly into a hot zone.
This is rare technology, and I'm 90% sure that CIS has never acquired it.

Also, that image is in use.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Marek Starchaser"] - I'm aware. Goodness knows how that one got approved, but there's a reason prior subs aren't accepted as precedent.

A dev thread for passing pods through shields would require CIS to encounter pods like that in action and develop something similar. So far as I know, they've only been deployed once, at Fondor, and CIS wasn't there to see that particular bit of classified tech in action - and I doubt OP would release the information that their capital's planetary shields are vulnerable.

In other words, so far as I'm aware, there's no way for CIS to know these pods exist, so the most I can allow you is one very solid dev thread to be able to pass through base, but not planetary, shields.

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
@[member="Boolon Murr"]
Edited once again. Removed mention of entering planetary shields, keeping basic shields for protection of the pod. Will upgrade the submission if/when tech becomes available for CIS.

Appreciate the understanding and patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom