Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Mountains of Debt

jamie-warner-concept-02-3.jpg

gaming-batman-arkham-knight-6.jpg

With a cigar stuck on the corner of his mouth, Otto Benjie continued to observe his new look arena from above. Smoke obscured his vision as he took a deep breath and walked towards his desk. He sighed seeing the large stacks of paper on the wooden table, bills, all of them were fracking bills that Otto was late on. With many of Pay Per View events failing due to poor quality fights, and fighters bailing at him at the last second, Otto was left with virtually no credits. He had to take out loans which destroyed his credit and it added to debt he was in. Otto had to think big tonight, he needed as many eyeballs on the Holotv and stuff this rented, rusted, tin can of an arena with paying customers.

Problem was, despite being filled with billions of people, the lower levels of Coruscant always craved different thrills. With a reputation like Otto's which that of broken promises and underwhelming fight cards, it was going to be tough to sell his fights to anyone. "There has to be something I can do!" Otto pushed the bills all over the floor. "I need to see who is on board tonight! Where the frack are my fighters?! I need backstage interviewers too!"

Kyna Ovoll Kyna Ovoll

Kyna-fisth-look.png

Kyna was roaming around the backstage area prior to tonight's event. She was in a bit of a huff as "Purple Haze" and the other ring girl seemed to be the only assigned to hold round cards for this event. She wasn't sure why her work seemed to have been fading. She had been a fan favorite since Otto began the company. Everyone cheered and whistled when Kyna came out of the back and posed around in her fun outfits. And even more when she suggestively bent over as she entered and exited the ring. Most of the fighters in the back still enjoyed seeing her around, but Kyna had to admit that Haze had a certain look that Kyna just couldn't copy, and the new girl was flirty and sexy. Kyna wondered if they were taking less money too. Force knew that Otto wasn't raking it in. While Kyna wasn't that smart she knew that younger and cheaper would infringe on her ability to get air-time.

What she really wanted to do was to move to the backstage and talk with the fighters. Problem was that Celeste Chars Celeste Chars seemed to have the corner on that market. Celeste was young and blonde and Kyna knew that went far in some worlds, but she was serious and really wanted to be a reporter, there was no way that Otto was going to be able to keep her on for that long. At least that was Kyna's hope. If that happened Kyna could swoop in and add her special risqué touch to the backstage area and maybe that would make this place skyrocket.

Kyna noticed that there wasn't a lot of activity for a fight night. She wondered if the event had been cancelled or something. Kyna wandered towards Otto's office. A place that she knew to avoid most of the time, but with so little activity she thought maybe she could figure out if there was an opportunity to change her night off on the schedule into some new opportunity, or if she should just accept the free time and hit up a club. As she approached the office Kyna heard Otto yelling and things being thrown around. It was hard to know if this was opportunity knocking or a recipe for disaster, but Kyna poked her head into the office. "Hey bossman," she said in her vapid tone. She stepped into the office and pressed her arms together and bent slightly so that she could show off her assets to Otto. "Did you say you need an interviewer? I didn't notice Celeste in the arena. I can go down and talk to whoever's in the locker room. The guys always open up for me."

NPC DM NPC DM

"Damn it, damn it." Otto stared at sea of papers covering the floor. Each paper reminding Otto of the debts he owed, months of anger and rage slowly started to be unleashed however, one of the sexy backstage interviewers: Kyna Ovoll Kyna Ovoll peeked her head inside of Otto's office and strode right in as if Otto gave her permission to do so.

"Kyna," Otto mumbled. "Did you even bother reading the damn sign on the door? It said no visitors unless it is important business! And right now a backstage interviewer is the last thing on my mind right now!"

As he began to rub his throbbing temples, Otto realized that for whatever reason Celeste Chars Celeste Chars wasn't doing any backstage interviews tonight. "FRACK!" Otto growled. "Celeste isn't here to do any interviews!" He looked at Kyna who was bending down exposing her cleavage to him. "Let's see good you are Kyna! You spent most of the time hosting Holoweb shows on our site. I need a sexy interviewer tonight, do you have your questions prepared?"

Kyna Ovoll Kyna Ovoll

Kyna2.png

"The sign?!?" Kyna questioned as the boss yelled at her. She took a few steps back to the doorway and looked outside. "Oh...oooops. Sawwwy Bossman. I heard you all upset, and mentioned about interviews. I knew Celeste wasn't here, so I thought maybe you'd be happy to see me..." Kyna bounced in place a little bit and looked at Otto with a bit of anticipation on her face. Like she expected him to say how great it was that she was there.

As he rubbed his temples Kyna moved a little closer. She was thinking maybe a nice neck rub would make Otto happier with her. Before Kyna could get close enough however the boss swore and repeated what Kyna had already stated about Celeste's absence. She paused for a moment wondering if she had only thought it to herself and forgot to actually speak it out loud to Otto, or if he was just repeating it because he was a jerk and didn't listen to her. It really didn't matter though, if she hadn't said anything there was no comment to be made, if he was just being a jerk, well he was the jerk that was in charge.

"I do the Holoweb show because you don't let me do the round cards anymore," Kyna pouted a bit. "The fans love it when I'm out there. But they don't bother to look at the Holoweb show..." Nothing about the MMA organization that Otto ran was entirely popular, so the only way to really get a reaction was to be in the ring, or to do the snippets that Celeste usually did that ended up on highlight shows. "Do I look like I'm not prepared to be sexy? I'll show you what a good job I'll do." Kyna responded with excitement and confidence. "Backstage has never seen sexy like Kyna sexy!"

Of course she had no questions prepared to ask the fighters. That wasn't what made an interview sexy. She'd pose with the fighter and maybe hang on them a bit. Lick her lips...that would really get the crowd all riled up. Celeste always asked the same stupid questions anyways. Kyna could remember them if she needed to.

NPC DM NPC DM

Last edited:

"I'm only happy because you're willing to work for below minimum wage," Otto muttered as he slumped on his chair pulling out a large spice cigar from his front pocket and stuck it in the corner of his mouth. He was under so much stress, it was hard for him to think. Kyna while being one of the most attractive people in Galaxy Fist, was something of an airhead.

Metaphorical phrases, innuendos flew past over her head so much that Otto sometimes wondered if Kyna was born with a peanut for a brain. Or maybe she didn't have anything in that empty skull of hers. Otto did sense some ambition in Kyna that she wanted to be more than just a simple presenter for short Holonet clips, but unlike Celeste Chars Celeste Chars , Knya was a little too scatterbrained to be anything than just a pretty face. At least that was according to Otto's observations.

"I know," Otto said lighting up his cigar. "The last time you were doing ring girl duty, you kept showing the round one card for FIVE FRACKING rounds!" Otto's right hand curled into a fist. If Kyna weren't so attractive and cheap, she would've been fired already. "Yes Kyna we all know that you're sexy," Otto rolled his eyes. "But I'm not talking about looks love, I'm talking about do you have any questions prepared for the fighters?"

He leaned closer to Kyna. "You know what I'm talking about right?" Otto growled lighting up his cigar.

Kyna Ovoll Kyna Ovoll

Kyna3.png

Kyna only rolled her eyes at the mention of her salary. She didn't care about credits. She wanted to be seen, to be cheered, to be noticed. That didn't mean that she didn't need credits, so she wasn't about to let Otto know that she would probably do this job for free and find a way to earn credits somewhere else. "If I ask for too much it'll just bring down you and Galaxy Fist. I don't want that. You need to pay other people or I won't get my shot." Of course if she was broke and had to figure something else out that would affect her shot as well. But Kyna wasn't sharp enough to realize that.

Otto started to explain why Kyna wasn't allowed to do the cards anymore. That had Kyna roll her eyes again. Not because Otto wasn't right of course. She had indeed used the same card for five rounds. But who really cared. The fans knew what round it was...or they didn't care. The announcer would handle letting them know when the last round was going to start. "The number on the card doesn't matter much boss. The cheer I got bending down was more than any other time during that fight."

It wasn't complete truth, but it was close. The combatants in that fight were not top tier to say the least, so a hot girl in a short skirt bending over did create a lot of excitement. And the fact that she had brought out the wrong card four of the five times also created a bit of a stir that Kyna mistook for cheering for her. When Otto admitted that she had the sexy part nailed down Kyna smiled proudly. She almost took a step towards Otto, but he was mean and quite frankly even if he could help Kyna to her goals he was too gross to sink to that level. "What's to prepare for? The fighters are almost as stupid as I am..." It was just a slip of the tongue, she was not being humorous at all. "I'll ask them how fired up they are to get in the ring and destroy someone...That gets everyone excited!"

NPC DM NPC DM

The last thing Otto wanted was to be reminded of Galaxy Fist's precarious situation. The company hasn't turned in a profit for years now and Kyna had to douse salt on the gaping wound. "Like I said I’m glad you’re willing to work for literal pennies," Otto muttered mouth chomping hard onto his lit cigar. "I can more than pay your salary! It's lower than your IQ! Why else do I keep you around aside from the fact that you look sexy?!"

As Kyna mentioned that the crowd hooted and hollered while she was bending in front of the crowd, Otto's heart continued to thump wildly as veins began to pop out from the corner of his spotted, bald head. "Well while you managed to draw quite the reaction!" Otto said through clenched teeth. "My company was on the blooper channel on Holotv! It showed YOU continuing to show the same damn number and I received further scorn and ridicule!"

Otto's ham shaped fists slammed against the table and a couple of papers fell landing in front of Kyna's feet. "Of course, people were more focused on YOU than my fighters!" Otto growled. "But people pay to see fights, you can provide the eye candy, but you're not supposed front and center damn it!" If that's the case, Otto would encourage Kyna would open up a Holofans account, but it's filled with a lot of hurdles that Otto doesn't have the patience to overcome.

Otto placed his hand on his forehead sighing heavily at Kyna saying that the fighters were as stupid as she was. "Did you just say that you were....." He wanted to say more, but his Dad always said, never interrupt a person when they're making a mistake. Or in Kyna's case spewing out a subconscious fact.

"Never mind at least that's one question," Otto said. "But we need to come with more! Sit down you brainless nincompoop, we need to start brainstorming for tonight!"

He can't believe that he helping was Kyna at her own job, for a moment, Otto missed Celeste Chars Celeste Chars professionalism. At least she came with a mix of brains and beauty. Kyna was looks and no thought in her empty head.

Kyna Ovoll Kyna Ovoll

Last edited:
Kyna5.png

Kyna didn't care that Otto thought she was cheap. The fact of the matter was that she wanted her face to be out there. Sooner or later someone would notice her and then she'd be set for the rest of her life. Or maybe she'd catch the eye of one of the up and coming fighters that Otto could only afford for single night stints. Then when the fighter started to get a real foothold in the business he could bring Kyna up with him. The bottom line was that Kyna knew that she wasn't going to become what she wanted to be with Otto, but she also knew that people weren't pounding down her door...yet. "Cheap and sexy...that's twice what you deserve. But you put me on the holonet every week and your puny checks don't bounce. So...seems like we're gonna keep working together huh? Til one of us finds a better option."

She bounced in place as she eagerly awaited approval on her plan to speak with the fighters. The ones that Otto signed lacked charisma and most of them didn't have the talent to make it big. Or they weren't good enough to maintain the levels that their career used to be. No one wanted to listen to words of wisdom from some washed up hasbeen or a never will be. The interviews were to get male eyes glued to the screen, either from Kyna's appeal or the crazed look in the fighter making them think anything was possible when the match started. Instead of encouragement and being told to go get 'em, Otto complained about how Kyna's antics embarrassed him. Kyna's lower lip stuck out in a pout, but she knew way better than to interrupt her boss' rant. She let him go on and on about how she was stupid and sexy, but that she wasn't the main attraction...in this organization Otto might have been better off if he did make her the main attraction.

"OK!" Kyna blurted out when she was ordered to sit down and think. She assumed that meant that Otto would think and she would just go and do what he said when he was done with her. She ran her finger up and down his bicep as she sat next to him. Flirting had never gotten her anything before from Otto, but it was her one go to move. "It would help if I knew who I was talking to before I started. I mean "The Butcher" never has anything smart to say...and that's coming from me. He just gets mad and throws things around. Why put effort into questions for him? The two young studs Taon Janson and Bladyl Hatchen Bladyl Hatchen I've got lots of things that I could ask them...not sure if the audience would want to hear them though..."

"I don't give bad checks sweetheart," Otto grumble. "It's just that you keep cashing your checks in shady areas known for taking people's credits. But what do I know! It's not like I have a sharp mind for business!"

Galaxy Fist being down on its luck was just road bump..... well multiple road bumps considering the years long decline. "Sweetie the only thing you're good for is shaking your ass in front of that camera. Besides girl, you couldn’t tell the difference between toilet paper and a damn application! So don’t try to threaten to leave!”

It was a good thing Kyna was stuck with Otto. That way he had a backup in case more backstage interviewers left. There was a shortage of them lately something that made him feel a little anxious. But with Kyna who works for cheap, it also meant the quality of her questions would be a little shoddy.

Otto groaned when Kyna placed her hand against his bicep. If he wasn’t so stressed, he probably would’ve liked it but right now it wasn’t the time. “What are you trying to say?!” Otto snapped. “That you want motivation?! Just ask them the bloody questions regarding the fight! How much context do you want?!”

Kyna Ovoll Kyna Ovoll

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom