Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Moth-class Envoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
4TpG5Cj.png

Image Source: [Link]

Affiliation: The Commonwealth, New Holstice, Order of the Moth
Manufacturer: The Commonwealth
Model: MCE (Moth-class Envoy)
Modularity: Limited
Production: Limited
Material: Doonium, Glasteel

Classification: Envoy

Length: 85m
Width: 44m
Height: 27m

Armament: Rating - 2
Hangar: N/A
Special Features:
  • Low-grade Deflector Shields
  • Long-Range Communications
  • Long-range Sensors
Maneuverability Rating: 8
Speed Rating: 6
Hyperdrive Class: 3

Strengths:
  • Advanced sensors
  • Fast
Weaknesses:
  • Few weapons
  • Limited defense
  • Though fast, it is not as agile
Description: Due to the nature of the envoy vessel, it suffers from limited firepower and weak deflector shields, but gains an upper-hand with its advanced sensors and long-range communications. The Envoy has been designed in mind for diplomatic missions where a show of arms is unnecessary and counter-productive.

The sensors are capable of mapping out planetary landscapes from orbit, and presenting landscapes as a hologram on a command console. The long-range communications are used to transfer messages from planet to planet, allowing for advanced warnings of the envoys arrival, and for emergency beacons to be dispatched in the event of attack.

Development Thread: N/A
Intent: To provide a diplomatic transport for members of the Order of the Moth
Who Can Use This: Order of the Moth
Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Nephthys said:
Maneuverability Rating: 6
Speed Rating: 3
Hyperdrive Class: 3
I realize that one of the ship's strengths is supposed to be it's speed, but a speed of 3 is a bit high without a solid development thread behind it (probably at least 20 posts for limited production). Without a development thread, make the speed "6", which is still fairly fast for its size.

Hangar: 1
It this one squadron? If so, what kind of ships? Is it one other ship? Ground vehicles, etc...

EDIT: One other thing just hit me:

Nephthys said:
Manufacturer: New Holstice

Generally planets cannot produce ships. I'd find either a company to produce this (you can use Haven Shipyards if you'd like), or change this to the faction it's going to be affiliated with. If you chose the faction, make sure to hyperlink it to the faction homepage.

[member="Gir Quee"]
I didn't understand the squadron count thing. It wasn't very straight-forward. It made it sound like how many of these ships would be in a squadron - not how much could fit in this ship. I've edited.

[member="Nephthys"], looks good to me. For corvettes and up, the "Hangar" section details how many ships or vehicles it can hold inside of it. This amount is usually listed in a squadron format, such as a "1 squadron of X-wings (12 fighters)", etc. [member="Reshmar"]?

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
[member="Nephthys"]
[member="Gir Quee"]

Nephthys said:
Though fast, it is not as agile

This is not the case per the submission it had a maneuvering of 6 which average to good for a ship this size. Normal for a ship this size would be 7

Lower it to 8 if you still want to use maneuvering as a weakness or remove this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom