Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More than just SSDs?

Myra

M
I was thinking it could add a lot more diversity if factions could choose something else other than an SSD every so many dominions, something that would give them an equal advantage in another field or set them apart from the rest of the factions. This could be anything from unique technology only that faction could use to maybe a giant freaking land droid thing that could take on small armies by itself, or just an SSD as usual.

Because, super star destroyers are cool and all, but it'd be cool to have options too. Especially if this uniqueness could help promote that faction.

Some options I would suggest are:

• Using an SSD Point as I will now call them to make it so that the faction can now produce a certain restricted material up to the "Limited" production setting. Can be used again to allow construction up to "Minor". With each level achieved the tech becomes a little less powerful. Cannot become mass produced. Each faction can only have two restricted materials effected by this. That way we don't have nanites made of void stone with cloaking devices.
  • Some sort of large land thing equivalent to an SSD in space. A giant droid, some sort of gargantuan vong form, or something like a squad (no more than 6) of Master level Force Users.
  • A giant super fortress that can be used to defend an entire hex but it can't move from said hex.
  • A more powerful force nexus on the faction's planet of choosing.
  • And then their pick of some unique technologies, examples would be: AI that can use High Tech simulations to predict enemy movements and tactics, more effective the more data it has, effectively letting you know enemy movements before they know them, Planet-Wide shields, Light Saber mass production so ground troops can have cheap knock offs of Light Sabers, not too effective but still impressive, Titan Fallesque mechs, Possibilities are endless, and those wanting the unique tech can work with staff to figure out something unique but not too OP.

[member="Myra"],

I would like to point some things out to you.

Mechs were specifically banned from the site. It is a topic that has been debated for a very long time, in various ways. For now, I recommend we remove this option until they are considered restricted or removed from those technology lists.

I love this idea over all. Where a Faction can gain more than just an SSD to show off. However, I fear that we will need more than just "We can make something else." So if you have any ideas that could come as a potential usage that would be comparable to it, then sure.

As for my own suggestion, I say something along the lines of a location that has a Nexus effect that would be considered more powerful than normal. We have plenty of places that are barren of any information. Many of the planets in the Galaxy have literally NOTHING to their name. So if we can make those planets interesting by making a special location for that planet, then that may be an alternative.

[member="Myra"] | [member="Ignis Imura"]

The first thing that came to mind was the Deathstar, followed by our rule about Superweapons.

That said however, given that this would be mediated by probable new rules should the Chaos Staff approve, I imagine this could be a good thing providing there's obvious "within reason" limitations on what "said faction" chooses to make use of.

I can certainly see the United Clans of Mandalore using "Mech-ish" technology, as they presently have a variety of mech-like walkers and so on thanks to Mandalarms and co. (To my knowledge, they're not entirely "mech" standard, but I don't know the specifics. They're similar and they're Chaos legal so my example stands :p ).

The diversity between factions could certainly grow and allow there to be a greater pull and identity between our present Major Factions on the board, I agree.

I would be all for this, but there needs to be clear defined limits on what's an acceptable "super-asset/weapon", and what's over the top/OP (Deathstar for example).

Myra

M
[member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Ignis Imura"]

I went ahead and edited the OG post with some suggestions. But yea, this would definitely have to have restrictions and be worked on as I am no expert on how to actually implement this into the forums. I just think it would be super fun and add more diversity.

1. You let a faction use a restricted material at Limited, then people will just click that join faction button then make whatever they want without being an actual contributing member of said faction. Has happened before when restricted materials were locked to a planet(s).

2. Anyone can have a squad of 6 master level force users. I'm pretty sure [member="Darth Carnifex"] has several Master force users under him. As for the giant droid? Idk, maybe? Just remember bigger stuff make easier targets.

3. So, an SSD but can't move from a hex? Why though?

4. That idea isn't half bad, I suppose.

5. Some of the tech you've mentioned already exist somewhere on the site to some degree. You underestimate the freedom allowed in the Factory.

Myra

M
[member="Zahori Denko"]

1. This can be easily regulated by only allowing admins/moderators/specified members of the faction to be able to contribute in this way using that technology as they would be playing members of that faction's society to have access to it

2. Anyone can, yes, but the rules also state that any NPC will automatically be weaker than a PC of the same level, this could be the 1 exception as they're so special.

3. The fort could simply be brought into consideration upon deciding who won the battle, with it being understood that it would be far more difficult to successfully invade such a heavily defended hex, as the forts would be better at defense than a simple SSD, due to armaments, special tech, or strategic positioning.

4. Thanks :D , but it was Ignis' idea.

5. Sure, the tech exists. But I'm sure there's a lot that the judges would be hesitant to sign off on. That tech could be regulated through this to make it easier on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom