Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mon Calamari Hypernautics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
ARCHIVED
RGDy05V.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION:

Intent: Reestablishing the Mon Calamari Shipyards as a prominent player in the Galaxy
Development Thread: [x]http://starwarsrp.net/topic/55491-a-walk-along-the-beaches/

CORPORATION DETAILS:

Corporation Name: Mon Calamari Hypernautics
Headquarters: New Coral City, Dac, Calamari Sector [Centered around its shipyards]
Tier: III

Locations:

• Ruisto System

• Krinemonen System

• Kyriaki System
Operations:

• Ship Design

• Ship Manufacturing

RATIONALE:

In history the Mon Calamari have always been beset by problems, be that Sith, Black Sun or the general interference of well-meaning but lacking individuals. Things changed for the better for Mon Cal Shipyards with the assimilation and integration of the company within the folds of Silk Holdings, its shipyards were repaired and connections to the old Mon Calamari worlds were reestablished again.

But to all good comes an end eventually and it was no different for the successful company, Silk Holdings detached its subsidiary from the fold and it was taken into the hands of the Mon Calamari Admiralty. Another bleak page in its history, after it became quite clear that nothing good had come from this venture.

And so it came to be that certain members of the Tion Hegemony came to the world of Dac and requested an audience with the Mon Calamari Monarch, after a prolonged debate they managed to convince the Monarch that new blood in the System would be better for the nation, and that a company in the hands of capable businessmen who knew what they were doing, would be the best.

The following hours were spent to the repurpose of the new Shipyards in the Mon Calamari system, its holding reorganized under a new banner and a firm leadership established. Mon Calamari Hypernautics was ready for the future at the helm of true capitalism and profit.

Mon Calamari Hypernautics has a close-working relationship with the Mon Calamari Shipyards, but is a seperate entity from it.

[ [member="Gerion Ardik"] / [member="Marek Starchaser"] both own twelve percent of shares in the company, with the remaining shares held by Darell Irani. The company is a subsidiary of the Ty’rel Holdings family. ]

DESCRIPTION:

Mon Calamari Hypernautics is the newest old player on the market, focused on the creation of a variety of ships that are extraordinary in nature. The company is centered around new shipyards in the Dac System, the primary shipyards of the company, secondary shipyards and R&D facilities are located in the Ruisto, Krinemonen, and Kyrikal systems which are traditionally Mon Calamari-aligned worlds.

After a short foray in separating manufacturing branches, military and civilian markets, it was decided to roll back those changes in favor of the old and proven strategy of the past. Which means that both the military and civilian branches of production are housed in the same company, with the company privately owned. All in an effort to maximize the profit, while minimizing the wasteful nature of a state-run organization.

A variety of private trust funds and proxy holdings have invested large sums of money in the company, efforts to create extensive orbital shipyards in the Dac System and establish holdings in the other systems.

Mon Calamari Hypernautics is deeply commited to the creation of ships for the civilizations of freedom.

SUBSIDIARES: N/A

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Darell Irani"]

This is a canon company.

It doesn't matter how much you dress it up or if you do a different submission for it, you are re-submitting Mon Calamari shipyards and its current assets as a corporation. It comes at a time like this that we have to define exactly what a company is. Is it it's name? Is its location? It's products or even CEO's? The question is difficult to answer, but in the end I would have to say its a loose mixture of all of the above with the clause that dropping one or two of them still makes the company canon.

What does this mean? It means by taking Mon Calamari Shipyards and re-branding it you are still taking the company itself, mostly because you are seizing its only asset, the Shipyards over Dac.

Normally, I would be inclined to allow this. It is after all at this stage basically just acquiring the assets of a single canon corporation, something that's been done over and over again.

However we come to a road block. You as a writer already own Tyrel Holdings. Tyrel holdings contains within it assets from Baktoid, Czerka, Neuro-Saav, and Gowix computers. That is not one, but four canon corporations under the branch of one PC owned corporation.

Now you can claim all you want that you don't technically own these companies, however the fact that you own assets from all four of them, a substantial amount, is enough for me to state enough is enough. Eventually you're basically just skirting Canon Company rules by re-branding corporations and putting them under your own names.

Tefka said:
Only one writer may own a Canon Company. You, as a writer, may not own more than one canon company.
Now I'm well aware there is other corporations that are in similar situations, and I will tell them same thing I am telling you now.

No more.

I will not ask you to divest yourself of your companies current holdings, however I will not be allowing you to add on more Canon Corporations to what you already have. As such the company sub of Mon Calamari Hypernautics as it stands is currently denied.

References:

However, due to the work you have already put into the submission and the dev thread you have done I will allow you to submit another version of Mon Calamari Hypernautics. Using the Dev Thread that you currently have(Even though its not strictly relevant) you may claim you built a shipyard in or near the Dac System, working alongside Mon Calamari Shipyards. This would be a PC controlled and founded company, and would leave the Canon Corporation of Mon Calamari Shipyards and its assets open to claim by another writer who wishes to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom