Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Modular Charric Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: N/A
Intent: To outline the capabilities of Trask’s weaponry
Development Thread: If Necessary
Manufacturer: Maht’ras’korido
Model: MCR-01
Affiliation: Trask
Modularity: Yes
Production: Production: Semi-Unique
Material: Duraplast, Dallorian Alloy
Classification: Charric
Size: Handheld
Length: 80 cm
Weight: ~3 kg
Ammunition Type: Power Cell, Gas Cartridge
Ammunition Capacity: 200 shot power cell/gas cartridge combo
Effective Range: 300 meters, 900 meters
Rate of Fire: Semi-Automatic, Burst Fire, Full-Auto
Special Features:
Thermal, Electrical, and Kinetic Damage
High Power and Accuracy
Resilient Construction
Description:
The bullpup design of this rifle has allowed it to maintain the barrel length necessary to remain both highly accurate and powerful at ranges of up to 400 meters while still maintaining an overall length no greater than that of the Westar-M5, as well as shifting the weight of the weapon back, allowing it to be easily wielded in one hand. At normal settings, it has firepower comparable to the M5, and also has the ability to be overcharged, consuming ten times more power than a standard shot for an equal increase in yield, allowing it to punch through medium vehicle armor. The weapon also includes a sniper attachment that increases the overall length by twenty centimeters and triples the effective range. With the sniper mod attached, the rifle is limited to semi-auto and burst fire modes, but otherwise can achieve a firing rate of six-hundred shots per minute, or ten shots per second when using sustained fully-automatic fire.

For non-lethal options, it can be switched over to an alternate firing mode that generates directed EM bursts tuned to neurological impulses. These bursts are fired as small green packets of semi-coherent energy, and will function in a similar manner to conventional stun blasts when striking an unshielded organic target, overwhelming the nervous system and causing near-instant unconsciousness. These blasts have an effective range equal to one fifth of the range of the primary firing mode.

Secondary functions include accessory mounting rails on the sides, the top and the bottom of the weapon, ambidextrous fire selector and safety switches, sling mounting points, a cartridge well designed for rapid reloading, and six points of contact when held correctly, ensuring steady aim even in a fully standing position.

I went ahead and reduced the rate of fire. My OCD side prefers nice even numbers that are all divisible by ten... Lol.

Plus seven more seconds of full auto firing, so there's that too.

Trask said:
1200 meters
The only source for a charric sniper rifle states its range is within "several hundred meters", which could realistically mean anywhere from 300 to 900 meters (or more), as it is very vague. However, looking at blaster sniper rifles, most have a maximum range peaking between 400 and 900 meters.

Trask said:
400 meters
There isn't much information on charric rifles, and I am unable to find ranges for them besides the sniper mentioned above, but the largest range a blaster rifle can achieve is 300 meters (that isn't effective range, though)

Charrics, in both categories, have lower ranges than blasters. Please adjust these.

I adjusted to 300 and 900 meters.

While you're correct that charrics tend to have reduced ranges, this particular model has a barrel three times as long as rifles like the E-11 (without the sniper add-on), which have an effective range (not to be confused with optimum range) of 300 meters. It was in light of that fact that I placed the base effective range at 400 meters, as the increased barrel length would allow for more focusing coils to increase the coherence of the shot, and I used the advantages of the bullpup design in order to achieve that.

Just another angle to consider. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom