Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Mod Shop Melody

HlLr6G6.png
TAG: Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree

It had been almost a week since the incident. Kenth Hoan stared incredulously at the neon-streaked building before him. It felt too mundane for the sort of place affiliated with a crime syndicate. Perhaps that was the point? To make it seem too inconceivable to be a connection of the Family. Yet, this is where their Boss recommended him for his procedure.

The Bith carefully walked into the parlour. He was dressed in street clothes. A casual number as to not look too fancy. Besides, for what needed to be done, he did not want to bother with too many buttons. He looked at his cybernetic hands, the ends of larger prosthetics that went up to where his elbow joint went.

The arms themselves were the basic ones he received from the Veterans Affairs office after his discharge from duty. Their cheapness showed, as the parts looked rather simplistic and from easily obtained materials. Yet, the craftsmanship and functionality were limited. The servos made movements of his arm look stilted and rigid.

All of that would change soon. Not long ago, he had used his fighting skills to strike two police droids that were harassing some citizens. The harassed turned out to be henchmen of the Family, affectionately called Goons. For his help, the Boss offered him membership into the organization and to have his arms replaced. He gladly accepted.

Now that the bruises and injuries from that brawl were healed up enough, Kenth was now eligible to get cybernetic surgery. He approached what appeared to be a front counter. He had come early, so he did not expect to see many others there. He was just unsure of who the owners of this place were.

"Hello?" He called out simply, "Name's Kenth. Kenth Hoan. I was recommended by some friends at the Lounge that this place does great mod surgery."

He stood and awaited an answer, as he did not want to trespass too much.

Last edited:
Caporegime - Cyber-Intelligence Division

Cybernetic Revoloution - mdstocksounds

9AtpK7o.png

Dedata sat behind her screens as she typed away and reading upon information about some alarming reports regarding a security company. Though as she was getting to the good parts, she noticed the Bith who had walked through the door and loudly saying friends had sent him, that of course being code backed up by him mentioning the lounge.

She stood up and moved over to the fake wall opening it before heading over to peak her head down the stairs. With a knock on the wall to to grab the mans attention she gestured him up. Before looking around back into the room that was De-Cyber-Data she would see the wall closing off as if it nothing was behind it. "Dee, will probably need you to be my voice. Ensure the interaction is recorded just in case." She said walking over to take her seat on a stool with wheels. Dedata would hear the man walking up the steps, one by one till finally the man reached the room.

"Hello, I am Dee, Dedata's personal VI. Please take a seat and explain to us the nature of your appointment." The VI said in a voice that resembled near human but with a light tint of automation. Dedata would amplify the words it spoke by gesturing to a reclining char that one would typically see in places like this. Though just looking at it, anyone could see no expense was spared for comfort and luxury.

Last edited:

HlLr6G6.png

At first, the Bith was startled by the sound of the woman popping out of the facade wall. He was perplexed by the strangeness of the woman he assumed was the owner of the facility. Nevertheless, he ascended the stairs. Then came his next surprise when he was met by a lifelike, but synthetic voice. His large eyes looked from the woman, whom he now knew to be called Dedata, and the room around him that voice seemed omnipresent in.

"Okay then. Since we're doin' introductions. I'm Kenth." He only nodded to Dedata, "And I was told you could make more quality replacements for these. One moment."

He carefully removed his overcoat, folding it. The style and dedication to neatness of folding gave away his military background. With his coat set aside, he turned to his modder. He wore a tank top cut shirt, exposing his arms. On each limb from roughly the bicep down were cybernetic arms of questionable quality. They had seen their share of wear, but their design had been cheap from the first place. The looked like knockoff B1 battle droid arms with five fingers, once a military green that has since worn to expose a dull steel color.

He walked over to the reclining chair that Dedata gestured to. He definitely felt out of his element. The amount of comfort was quite the change from the squalor he had been naught but a week ago. He looked like it was almost too good for him.

"The Bureau of Veteran Affairs slapped me with these gnarled things." He explained further, wanting to be as helpful as possible, "The woman who recommended me to you said the replacements are gifts for services rendered. Awfully generous when all I did was punch a few constable droids..."

He probably had said too much, but he was trying to be thorough. He nodded after speaking and just laid in the chair. If nothing else, he would enjoy this smidgen of comfort if she otherwise chose to refuse service.

Le Castle Vania + Hyper - Pray For My Enemies

7rqb4Uj.png

The small speakers around the room would play music, loud enough to be enjoyed but quiet enough that it did not drown the mans voice out. Her head would unintentionally bop along, one foot tapping the floor at the beat. "It is a pleasure to meet you Kenth." Dedata watched the man take his over coat off being rather particular about how he folded it. That told her he had either a well disciplined upbringing or had served in some kind of force. Though there where many that had that kind of conditioning.

Dedata's reflective visor that glowed an ominous orange red never left facing the man, not one deviation. She watched him closely as he moved to sit down. Though this was business, so she was already inspecting the hardware by sight alone. It was nasty tech, poorly made and the models used are so long out of date that she herself is surprised that the man got function out of them this long. Once the Bith got comfortable Dedata slid closer on the stool. "Yeah no worries I can replace these. Besides the friends are paying the tab for this, meaning the not so legal stock can come out." The VI said for Dedata only repeating what she said.

"First things first, I need to have a look and get these hunks of junk off you. From there I will essentially let you build these how you want. Think of me as your hands to do the job. " Her hands moved to his left arm lifting it enough so she could lean in to inspect the base. Seeing what she needed the slicer placed it back down and kicked backwards towards a tall small table with a matte black tray with a series of tools neatly placed. She would pull it over as she used her feat to walk herself closer again. Taking a small right angle power servodriver, Dedata slid the tool up as her other hand moved to hold the arm still.

A loud noise emanated from the tool as a button was pushed, the bolt quickly coming undone. To her surprise the moment it popped out the whole arm fell, disconnected from Kenth. Normally there would be more support. The fact that only one bolt, lets just say all it would have took is holding up something heavy and the thing snapping. The price you pay for laying your life on the line. Everyone screamed about how bad the religious zealots called sith where, reality was everyone is the same. Once used up you're cast aside. Dedata never let that happen. She was useful in ways that the only ways she could be cast aside was if the slicer ended up dead in a ditch.

The woman moved around to the other side to remove the other arm. This time with a little more struggle due to some frayed parts of metal that had become bent and warped. Still Dedata persevered. Finally she stood up and took both arms away dumping them onto a shelf, though shoddy work. It was possible to use parts for anyone who would need replacement bits later. A free service to ensure there was a little give back to the community. Kenth would feel how light the remaining parts of his arm's had become.

"Okay once we have the basic frame on, we build up from there." She flashed a thumbs up before collecting the parts necessary, bringing them over bit by bit laying them out on the arms of the chair there was nothing that was being hidden. "So while I build these up, lets go over some basic things you do want first."

HlLr6G6.png

When the first arm came off, Kenth flinched a little. The loose connection had been a source of discomfort for a long time. While the other arm took longer, it was not as much of a discomfort for it to be removed. After the two defective implants were spirited away by Dedata, the Bith rolled his shoulders. It was definitely a relief to get the junk off of him. Large, dark orbs met her orange visor as he pondered her questions.

"Well, I know one feature that I would like." He started off, "If it doesn't conflict with too much else, I would ask for some sort of partial or fully synthflesh covering. Those junkers were too skeletal for my liking"

His mind soon went to work, thinking about what features he wanted in his new arms. He carefully considered the type of work that he would be doing, now that he was under the employ of this "Family". After what seemed like a long time, he turned head to look at her again.

"All things considered, there's a few things I'm gonna need to make my job efficient enough to make the boss lady happy." He gave the closest thing a Bith smirk, "I'm gonna be doing a lot of heavy liftin', and a lot of work that will require welding, soldering, and ignition."

He thought some more. How he wished he had some sort of holo-sketcher to better visualize his process.

"So I'm thinking a greater strength output for both arms. And an adjustable strength plasma torch." He suggested, "Perhaps panels on the side that open for cooling ventilation. But I'm not the modder. Is it doable?"

Atakam Khazos Atakam Khazos
7rqb4Uj.png

Dedata listened to the man as she took off the old covering on his left arm and replaced it with something a little more durable. "Well, with cybernetics being custom made, synthflesh should be no issue. Since these need to be built up I can throw in some hydraulics. That should help lift stuff much heavier, however don't rely on them to do all the lifting. Proper technique goes far, and well, if I have to fit Cybernetics over your spine then that will cost you in stress fees." Not that it translated well with the VI's voice, but she said that jokingly. The family protects their own and pick em up when they are down. Something Dedata was slowly learning and she trusted Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud well.

"As for fitting a plasma torch, that should not be an issue, just note the palm of your hand might have to be more plating than synth flesh. Exposing it to that level of heat, you will be walking here on a very regular basis to get more synthflesh. I suppose adding a little extra armor on the biceps around to the triceps will be needed. Unless you plan to hook up fuel externally that is?"

The woman began to attach the frame work to the left arm and assembled the basics. Though clearly cybernetics, it almost resembled bones without muscle or flesh, only thing that was there was the metallic like tendons that hung from the hand to be connected to another part. She then did the same with the other arm, removing the old cap, replacing it then installing the basics of the arm. This took a little time of course, it was no quick process. It would not be Dedata if she did the work without leaving her mark. Her visor soon came back up to meet the black orbs. "So Mr Kenth, what was it you used to do?" The woman stood after asking her question to get a box filled with well packedged items inside. Ripping away the film and opening it she would pull out some heavy duty hydraulics laying them out either side of of his arms.

HlLr6G6.png

The Bith could once again feel connections in his arms again. It was hard to describe the feeling. It was a phantom sensation, that he could almost feel like his original arms were back. Yet, he could not feel the full range of sensation. A dull vagueness of where his arms were that he learned to refine over time. He listened as the VI spoke for his modder.

"Most recently, before being on the streets, I served in the Alliance military." He said carefully,
"I was a part of an EOD unit. What you might call a bomb squad. We swept enemy territory for explosive devices like mines and then disarmed and disposed of them."

He looked pensive a moment. Talking about his time in the service brought many feelings flooding to his mind. Sorrow, happiness, but most notably anger. If there was expression his species had to a scowl, he would be wearing it right now. He took a deep breath to calm himself down.

"Sorry. Lotta mixed emotions about that. But, that's kinda what got me to here." He gestured with his eyes to his arms, "My last mission. Plasma mine that detonated prematurely. Had burns all across my front, but Bacta baths took care of that. But no amount of Bacta is gonna repair vaporized forearms."

He could remember the pain in those first few months after the accident. He was at least thankful the burns healed with very little scarring to himself. He stared up at the ceiling.

"After that, got honorably discharged, became drifter." He continued, "Those old arms were so trash that I couldn't do much occupationally. Until I was hired by the boss lady over a week ago."

7rqb4Uj.png

Her head tilted to the side for a moment as the man spoke, for a moment it was like she was frozen. In reality she was deep in thought, there was some black market items that could perhaps work for the Bith. "Sounds rough." Dee said speaking for the slicer as she looked up finishing the frame of the second arm. She stood up taking the now empty box with her and walked over to the wall besides the shelf filled with parts. Pushing a finger against a specific spot the panel moved backwards revealing a hidden shelf. Scanning each part she put an assortment of items in before closing it back up and did the same with the shelf that was out in the open.

Returning to the man she sat down and placed the box back on the table. "Well Dedata said she will give you power back, though before installing she wanted to know your thoughts. What you requested will comfortably fit into one arm. She has an idea what to do about your right. Alliance military had you defuse explosives, she can give set you up with something that would fit you." Lifting the piece out it was a thick tube that resembles a barrel. "Her idea is a projectile launcher. Things like mines, rocket propelled grenades or even the regular kind. Of course you would need to either carry the necessary components with you. The launcher system will probably have to use high pressure gas for a hammer system."

She placed the barrel back into the box and bought over the parts for the left arm. That being hydraulics, the series of vents, tubing, circuits wiring and the plasma torch parts, though they looked altered and different. It was not the stock kind you would find on droids, no the part screamed illegal. Bit by bit Dedata worked the parts on, making adjustments on the frame to take in all that was needed. It took some time, even longer than just putting the frame together. It was a delicate process and everything had to be precise craftsmanship to ensure it would last for a very long time to come.

HlLr6G6.png

The Bith's black orbs pondered a moment as the cyber-surgeon got to work on his left prosthetic. One could see his mind at work, years of academics in engineering coming to life in his mind. Since the plasma torch would be fine in its own arm, that left the other limb free for further modification. Kenth weighed her suggestion carefully before nodding at her. A launching system for projectiles could be useful in delivery of small ordinance.

"I concur with a projectile system." He added in, "I like the idea of using pressurized gas as a propellant. Anything non-combustible. Plus, even if I do not have mortars to fire, it could be used like an improvised scattergun if I load it with nails or stones."

The cyborg kept still as his modifier kept working on his one arm. He definitely took note of the instruments she was placing in his prosthetics. He knew well that those were not regulation parts. He supposed he would have to be careful going forward. Not that many police were likely to inspect his cybernetics, any suspicion could out him. Nonetheless, the parts looked very high quality to him. His eyes turned to the helmeted girl working over him.

"If I get no other chance, I want to say thank you." He spoke with an earnest tone in his voice, "You have no idea how much I appreciate this, even if it was just to give me basic, functioning arms. Just that much of an upgrade is worth it for me."

Knowing the type of work that he would soon find himself in, he did not know if he would be seeing this young woman again. He wanted to give her his gratitude. Just this appointment was life changing for him.

7rqb4Uj.png

Dedata went straight back to work as he agreed to her suggestion. The way she moved her hands and took care with each piece, it showed how much of a hard worker she was in her craft. Even in her care she moved efficiently which made everything so far go like a blur. "There is no need to thank her, simply she is doing her services for the Family, which has become a home. A nefarious home at that. Besides there are other reasons in which Dedata will not divulge."

Part by part, Mr Hoan would feel the weight of each item added in and slowly a sense of motion would return once sections began to be connected with wires and circuit boards. It was over an hour, nearing two before she had finally closed up. Her hand reached out to the tablet able to once again type rather than have the VI talk for her. "Take a day or two to get used to the new arms and try out the extra functions. If you are happy with everything then we can sleeve you up with some synth flesh. You will notice parts on the palm that sick's out a little more. That is there for the Synthflesh to be cut around. Last thing you want is a constant return to get it replaced every time you use the extra's.
4TsQGPK.gif
"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom