Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mobile Typing

I don't know about other people's experiences with mobile typing, but mine are pretty bad. I'll give you a few examples.

Sometimes misspelling words and deleting the misspelled part causes the misspelled part to reappear after the deleted texttext.t.

Edit: some examples got lopped off. . @h@h is one error that occurs. (PPa(rr)eenthesis cause double letters. Apostrophes'aApostrophes'a cause it to type twice. [BBrackets also duplicate letters.

Some examples for you guys. Anyone else having problems?

Lurcano Car'dann

"Kark you, I won't do what you tell me."
The struggle. I feel you. Nothing can be done I'm afraid. I just grit my teeth, slam my head against the wall, and keep trying. And when your writing has as much BB coding as my RP posts usually have, it's karking infuriating. [member="Tesh Aquer"]

[member="Lurcano Car'dann"]
UNfortunately, I have come to the conclusion that this has more to do with the platform than the site, so apparently head slamming is all we can do :(

Tellos

I find often it's the mobile platforms trying to correct my spelling but it does not need correcting. Also screen size no matter how big unless it's a tablet it's not big enough. Your Iphone 6+ isint gonna save you.

Percy Imura

Imura with a Table Knife
I only have a phone to do anything with, and I don't use swiping. I personally hate the mobile version, it doesn't let me do anything. And the full version takes a huge time to load. I actually use the "IP.board" version, it takes the best from both versions and runs like a top notch new car.

Trust me, the "IP.Board" version is the mobile way to go! And NOT the "IP.Board Mobile." Just "IP.Board." It works, take that from someone who uses a phone only. :)

Lurcano Car'dann

"Kark you, I won't do what you tell me."
Kobe Seren said:
Do you use the site it in mobile view or full site view?

[member="Tesh Aquer"] [member="Lurcano Car'dann"]
Full view. [member="Kobe Seren"]

Percy Imura said:
I only have a phone to do anything with, and I don't use swiping. I personally hate the mobile version, it doesn't let me do anything. And the full version takes a huge time to load. I actually use the "IP.board" version, it takes the best from both versions and runs like a top notch new car.

Trust me, the "IP.Board" version is the mobile way to go! And NOT the "IP.Board Mobile." Just "IP.Board." It works, take that from someone who uses a phone only. :)
Meh. The white and blue hurts my eyes.

[member="Tesh Aquer"] [member="Lurcano Car'dann"]

You should try the IP.Board version; you can get to it by using the change themes icon at the bottom of the webpage I believe (unless it's different on this new skin)

It's definitely less finicky, and if the fact that Percy here only uses a mobile is any indication it seems they fixed the switch account function :)

I'd recommend the mobile version... But there are a fair few functions that are rendered impossible on it.

I just use the full version on my phone, I end up not writing as much per post and I find the lack of editing that I get on the computer annoying but I find the convenience of it being close to hand outweighs the cons. However it could be that I just don't know how to use the full version properly from the mobile that could be the issue xD

My experience with mobile (iPad mini) has been perfect, my spelling is always correct (not that I am terrible at spelling in the first place though), and I find it quicker that using a keyboard, and I find my posts to be of better quality when using my iPad, and I don't really use the mobile version either... And I just checked it out and it looks horrifying, too much white :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom