Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech MMSW-XΩ Heavy Particle Rotary Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Image Source: Not Applicable
Intent: Have you ever watched GUNDAM or [insert crazy sci-fi space battle anime here] and thought, "Man, I wanna gun that does that!" Well, this was my solution to that desire! Notice a recurring pattern of my obsession with rotary weapons. Fully guide- and canon-compliant, and very niche due to statistic value.
Development Thread: None - Fully Guide-Compliant
Manufacturer: Ri'ess-Emeritus
Model: Mnenchei Monarchy Skunk Works Designation Experimental Omega Heavy Particle Rotary Cannon
Affiliation: ME!ME!ME!
Modularity: None
Production: Unique
Material: Ostrine, Tungsten Carbide, Durasteel, CEC Kalestat
Classification: Heavy Particle Rotary Cannon
Size: Ship-Mounted
Length: Apx. 5.5 m.
Weight: Apx. 300 kg. (+400 kg. full load)
Ammunition Type: Generator / Gas Chamber
Ammunition Capacity: 3,200 per Gas Chamber Load
Effective Range: Variable Delay Field Burst - Min: 250m., Max: ⅔ Laser Cannon Range
Rate of Fire: Variable Rate: 2,200 Rp/M or 4,200 Rp/M
Special Features: Equivalent to 8 Sub-Capital Cannons (minimum [Elite Starfighter -1 Launcher])

Description: For lack of a better description, the MMSW-XΩ is a large-scale repeating particle cannon which has a fire rate superseding that of a single-barrel repeater. Despite its high fire rate, its damage is not greatly greater than its single-barrel equivalent, being akin to the improvement between a 25mm and 30mm HE-I cannon, so its overall damage scale is in line with a heavy laser repeater cannon. The advantages come in the form of the fact that dozens of low-stability particle bolts will pelt the target from even a glancing shot and wreak havoc upon deflector shields, still doing extensive damage to independent ray shields. Such contact is also incredibly effective against ablative armor, disturbing large areas of contact with each bolt. Particle blasters are a niche weapon however, and are moderately less effective against solid armor, especially that which is resistant to blaster fire. Still, altogether the weapon system is brutally effective against the more common, mass-production-grade interceptors and starfighters in service which lack quality armor and, ironically the older practice, independent particle/ray shield generators.

The weapon system allows for two unique features which are variable rate of fire and optional variable burst range. The variable rate of fire is a simple semi-analog mechanism which controls the repeater, connected to a chicken head switch installed in the flight deck which has three settings: 1 sec. (burst), 2.2k and 4.2k. The variable burst is controlled via a more complex digital instrument which pre-programs the bolt's field generator to various degrees of charged energy based on setting, which thus allows the bolt's "casing" to disrupt at the desired range, causing a particle bolt's blast effect without contact, and is limited to a safety of 250 meters or greater.

It's of value to note that while the weapon system bears the names "heavy" and "repeating," it is not actually twice as large and is instead more than twice as fast, but still a niche-effectiveness weapon.

Advantages:
  • Very high rate of fire = more opportunities to hit the target
  • Highly effective against deflector shields and ablative materials
  • Fire rate toggle can either decrease ammo expenditure or increase damage potential
Disadvantages:
  • Very large and very heavy, will NOT fit on anything smaller than a strike fighter (ergo Elite)
  • Large size usually means being the only weapon system on the craft in question in most cases
  • Low penetrative power as sacrifice for high shield damage
  • Ammo capacity issues
  • Probably never going to be useful outside of a head-to-head dogfight or ground targets

Primary Source: Not Applicable

Not bad, still in line with M134 and the like for RPM, decent weaknesses, and Unique Production. Looks like the first step in a Star Wars version of an A-10 Thunderbolt.

Kass Sja said:
Length: Apx. 5.5 m. Weight: Apx. 300 kg. (+220 kg. empty gas, +400 kg. full gas)
It looks like this thing weighs 300kg, 520 kg with the gas canister attached but empty, and 700kg fully loaded (I could be misreading your intentions). I am going to ask you to simplify that to just 700 Kilograms Loaded, which is still in line with the Gau-8 Avenger.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/29983-kalestat-crystals/
These Should to be linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom