Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech MMSW-32 Sylph AT Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
517629721_95abab6b9e_o.jpg

Image Credit: Saito :: Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex
Intent: To provide the CIS with a man-operable tactical anti-materiel rifle that can be fixed to key locations on the go or mounted to vehicles or bunkers.
Development Thread: None
Manufacturer: Ri'ess Regal Drives
Model: Mnenchei Monarchy Skunkworks Weapon 32 Sylph Anti-Tank Rifle
Affiliation: The Confederacy of Independent Systems
Modularity:
Production: Minor Production
Material: Durasteel Frame, Alusteel Components, Titanium Cylinder
Description: The MMSW-32 Sylph is a redesign of the prototype MMSW-31 Mantis anti-material firearm that produces the punch of a light cannon with the mobility of a portable weapon system. It is chambered to fire rounds produced by RRDI based on the 23mm. AA, and thus is capable of penetrating a significant amount of armor, depending on the particular munition fired and the grade and thickness of the armor it is impacting. Ablative armor tends to counter API-T rounds, though the sheer force of the light cannon caliber tends to create a gap in the location of impact, allowing for a follow-up shot to penetrate completely in most circumstances.
While the Sylph is statistically an anti-materiel cannon, it is virtually impossible for a human alone to fire without sustaining self-harm, and thus requires either mounting to a specially-developed hydraulic stand or fixation of the bipod onto a firm, flat surface for effective and safe operation. It can be mounted to vehicles as well, though swivel turrets will require custom fitting to allow the weapon to be mounted, as a only a mounting bracket for the weapon is produced by RRDI; the rest of the mounting platform must be produced by the operator. The Sylph has an optimal firing rate of approximately 15 rounds per minute, is semi-automatic with a four-second cooling delay and may require longer intervals to operate efficiently and accurately. The heavy munitions and limited capacity therein makes the weapon limited in combat adaptability, and the prioritization of ammunition may further degrade optimal fire rate. Firing generates a muzzle volume of approximately 150 dB/ft, though less behind the muzzle, which means that the Sylph is far from covert.
Classification: Rifle Cannon
Size: Stationary, Handheld for massive/superhuman species
Length: 2.13 m.
Weight: 29.03 kg.
Ammunition Type: 23x152mm. I-AT/API-T/HEI-T (.905 Cal.)
Ammunition Capacity: 4 + 1 Chambered
Effective Range: 4.7 km.
Rate of Fire: 15 RPM
Muzzle Velocity: 972 m/s

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Ashe the Reaper"] - Standard disclaimer: Abuse and suffer. I went and did some research on that calibre and anti-materiel rifles in general, and I appreciate that you've left its exact armor-cutting power dependant on the vehicle. I don't want to see you two-shotting main battle tanks with this. Otherwise, approved pending secondary.

Can you link me to a reference for the ammunition please?

Aside from that, this looks fine. It's so bulky and situationally useful. Without vehicular transport, it's almost too limiting. I wouldn't deploy this with any of my troopers. :p

Please tag me in your reply. Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom