Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech MMSP-03 LMDS-ES "Electrosphere"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
Plasma_Rocket_Turret_from_AX_5_by_pshem.jpg

Image Credit: Phesm.Deviantart.com
Intent: To make RRDI's third ground- or ship-based weapon.
Developent Thread: None
Manufacturer: Ri'ess Regal Drives
Model: Mnenchei Monarchy Skunkworks Platform Long-Range Missile Delivery System, Electrostatic
Affiliation: Planetary Defense Market
Modularity: Can be refitted to mount on just about anything of size
Production: Mass Production
Material: Durasteel Chassis, Alusteel Frame, Misc Electronics
Description: The third MMS weapons platform is a large missile turret that can be placed as a stationary ground defense turret or a capital ship's capital weapons. It has two barrels each consisting of three chambers. The drum of the platform's turret loads missiles into each one, encased in a special rectangular sabot. It fires all three at a trajectory using a light Gauss accelerant in the sabot, throwing out the projectiles in a slight spread fashion. When they are finally cleared of each other, at approximately 3.5 to 10.0 kilometers out (2,350m/s), the sabots break off and the warhead engages its thrusters. Firing one full salvo is thus capable of tracking up to three individual targets at once, or hitting one target from three convergent angles. What ensues after a warhead detonates is a large cloud of electrostatic particles which short anything they touch, draining vehicular shields and irreparably damaging electronic equipment such as tracking systems and digital displays on non-capital craft. (Things such as AMD droids may be damaged, but can be repaired with the proper ground maintenance and replacements.) The weapon platform also has an optional 2x2 short-range chaff launcher to protect the system from incoming guided warheads; this will never inhibit the system's own missiles, as the sabots would be well clear of the effective duping range before the missiles go live.
Classification: Mass Driver, Warhead Launcher, Point Defense (counts as 6 Warhead Launchers)
Size: Stationary or Ship-Mounted
Length: 14.2 meters
Width: 12.4 meters
Height: 7.6 meters
Weight: 22.5 metric tons
Ammunition Type: Variable-Trajectory Electrostatic Missile
sh6420.png

Ammunition Capacity: 24x2 (21 sec. reload)
Effective Range:
  • 3,500-10,000 meter sabot delivery system
  • 7km meter effective flight range
  • Class 2.0 maneuverability
  • 30 meter electrostatic particle explosion
  • 50 meter light-medium concussion

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]
Just a few things here.

First, the intent is vague on what the weapon actually does. Could you give a brief statement or two on what the weapon is designed to do and/or its specific role and function?

It's never specified if this is a point defense weapon or a capital grade weapon (in usage, I mean. I saw where it states it takes up capital warhead launcher slots). The range is, put bluntly, extremely short in comparison to standard warheads in use, but is roughly equivalent to anti-missile/anti-fighter ranged weapons. You also state this weapon would affect Astromech Droids, which are usually on board fighter craft, which implies it is a Point Defense weapon. Could you clarify this please?

Also, what is the chaff launcher for (most turrets ship or ground mounted don't feature this, so I feel it necessary to ask) and how does it not effect the weapon's own missiles?

Saera Willamina Savan

Popo said:
First, the intent is vague on what the weapon actually does. Could you give a brief statement or two on what the weapon is designed to do and/or its specific role and function?
It fires in exactly the way described, the missiles reach proximity to their target, the warheads go boom, and stuff dies.

Popo said:
The range is, put bluntly, extremely short in comparison to standard warheads in use, but is roughly equivalent to anti-missile/anti-fighter ranged weapons.
Should I increase the range, then? Maybe 500-2,000m sabot, and 1,200m flight distance?

Popo said:
Could you clarify this please?
Fixed, I think.

Popo said:
Also, what is the chaff launcher for (most turrets ship or ground mounted don't feature this, so I feel it necessary to ask) and how does it not effect the weapon's own missiles?
The missiles are magnetically fired from sabot rounds which are already well out of the way of the firing platform before they become active. As for the chaff, they're to protect the platform against guided warheads, particularly for turrets stationed on the ground but similarly useful on a starship mounted one. It's actually not completely unheard of, just uncommon IRL since they usually differ to jamming devices for self-defense.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Særa Ayña Savan said:
draining vehicular shields
How big are the shields in question? Ground vehicles? Starfighters?

Særa Ayña Savan said:
irreparably damaging electronic equipment
Starships can reboot and repair after taking mag pulse warheads and ion cannons, so 'disabling' is fine but 'irreparably damaging' is not, not unless you're talking about small and simple vehicles.
[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]

Saera Willamina Savan

Rasho the Hutt said:
How big are the shields in question? Ground vehicles? Starfighters?
Yush.

Rasho the Hutt said:
Starships can reboot and repair after taking mag pulse warheads and ion cannons, so 'disabling' is fine but 'irreparably damaging' is not, not unless you're talking about small and simple vehicles.
Yush.

This isn't an anti-ship weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom