Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech MMSP-02 ASMS "Oleander"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
Missile_Phalanx_Turret_Factions.gif
Image Credit: Phalanx Missile Turret :: PlanetSide 2
Intent: To make RRDI's second ground- or ship-based weapon.
Developent Thread: None
Manufacturer: Ri'ess Regal Drives
Model: Mnenchei Monarchy Skunkworks Platform Automatic Sensory Missile System
Affiliation: Planetary Defense Market
Modularity: Can be refitted to mount on just about anything of size
Production: Mass Production
Material: Durasteel Chassis, Alusteel Frame, Misc Electronics
Description: MMSP-02 is a large missile turret that can be placed as a stationary ground defense turret or a capital ship's capital weapons. Missiles that target an enemy automatically without any lock on necessary due to broad-range built-in sensors, AS Missiles can be useful as they can be deployed without having to lock on to a target but they have low launch amounts and low damage. One warhead on target is enough to destroy a fighter or bomber outright (2:1 average capital strength). The entirety of both salvos can be fired at once or sequentially at any set rate, totaling up to 20 heads per firing with a 40 second reload time. The turret, if not mounted to a ship's grid or a power line supply, can remain active for up to a month of operation via four internal fuel cells.
Classification: Mass Driver
Size: Stationary or Ship-Mounted (16:1 Standad Capital Ship Warhead Launcher)
Length: 7.9 meters
Weight: 89.5 metric tons
Ammunition Type: Automatic Tracking "Fire-&-Forget" Anti-Craft Missiles
Ammunition Capacity: 20x2 (40 second reload/tube)
Effective Range: 7km

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]
  • How does each warhead compare to a concussion missile or proton torpedo?
  • What is your rate of fire?
  • Since this can be mounted anywhere, what are its power requirements?
  • What equivalency of heavy or light warhead launchers do you envision?

Saera Willamina Savan

Rasho the Hutt said:
How does each warhead compare to a concussion missile or proton torpedo? What is your rate of fire? Since this can be mounted anywhere, what are its power requirements? What equivalency of heavy or light warhead launchers do you envision?
  • Redundant: It states one solid hit to a gunship is a kill. I'll say roughly 2:1, because this thing is not a flying ammo crate.
  • Was originally going to be redundant as there were only 10 missiles in each silo and could theoretically all be fired at once as they're self-tracking. That has since been changed to 10 with 10 reserve and a 40 second reload per individual tube (not to be confused with stacking).
  • Edited (that's only important on non-ship platforms). Just a firing system, not a tracking array, so presumably little.
  • If by heavy you mean capital scale heavy launchers, it's definitely light. This is not something that is going to be taking out a Star Destroyer. If you mean in terms of, say, a bomber, it's something just above normal. This wasn't made for use on small craft, however, and would be 1:1 missile launcher from the ship guide 2.0.
Edits made. Wiling to make future clarification.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
  • No, it's not redundant. Gunships vary widely in durability. Please specify your warhead's equivalence ration to existing warheads in the submission, and remove the gunship notation.
  • Your submission doesn't specify barrages of ten warheads, merely that each tube takes forty seconds to reload. Please clarify in the submission.
  • Edit acceptable.
  • 1:1 would not be acceptable, when it's firing ten full-sized warheads at once. Your answer to this should depend on your answer to point number one.

Saera Willamina Savan

Rasho the Hutt said:
No, it's not redundant. Gunships vary widely in durability. Please specify your warhead's equivalence ration to existing warheads in the submission, and remove the gunship notation.
I twas for the sheer fact that I did and that was roughly "2:1" scale. o.o

Rasho the Hutt said:
1:1 would not be acceptable, when it's firing ten full-sized warheads at once. Your answer to this should depend on your answer to point number one.
I want to say 3:1 because of the ability to swarm but 2:1 because of its limited ammunition. I can't do 2.5 because that makes no sense. I'll play it safe and round up to 3.0.

[member="Rasho the Hutt"] (edits made/making)

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

Specifically, I need to know if you're talking about 'warheads' (concussion missiles, proton torpedos) or 'heavy warheads' (assault concussion missiles).

Saera Willamina Savan

[member="Rasho the Hutt"] - Uh.... I am not entirely onboard with you there. I know Heavy missiles are their own loadout on the ship guide, so I'm not sure if you mean heavy in capital weaponry terms or heavy in conventional terms. Having looked at the Assault Concussion Missile, I'm going to assume capital scale and in that case, no, it'd just be standard capital ship weapon size, not Heavy. It already has this mentioned, if that's what you meant, and everything else was edited in.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Thanks for clearing that up.

So, to sum up. This fires a barrage of twenty independently midflight-targeting warheads twice as powerful as proton torpedos. It's a guided cluster missile on steroids. I'm going to consult a starship judge on this as to the proper equivalency - because it's sure worth more than three warhead launchers.

[member="Ayden Cater"] [member="Domino"]

Saera Willamina Savan

[member="Rasho the Hutt"]
Update: I've made it 16:1 Capital Point scale, after further inspection of recent details to the Ship Guide, which include heavy/large (x2), tracking (x2) and cluster (x4).

1x2=2 x2=4 x4=16.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Særa Ayña Savan"] - That's within the range of what the starship judges and I were discussing. Approved pending secondary. Standard disclaimer: Abuse and suffer, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom