Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship MMS-05 Series Solace-Class Starfighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
XR-45_Cariburn_(Aurelia).png
(XR-45 Cariburn : Project ACES : NAMCO)

[INTENT]
__Species & Faction Fighter
[CLASSIFICATION]

__Heavy Starfighter
__("Elite Starfighter" for all intents and purposes)
[ROLE]

__Starfighter
__Exoatmospheric Attack Multirole Fighter
[AFFILIATION]
__RRDI (all other models)
__MAASDF (remaining MMS-0510.A1 models)
[PRODUCTION]
__500-X: Unique Duo
__500 series: Limited Production
__510 series: Limited Production
[MANUFACTURER]
__Mnenchei Monarchy (former)
__Ri'ess Royal Drive Industries (later)
[HEIGHT]

__5.18 meters
[WIDTH]

__19.05 meters
[LENGTH]

__24.86 meters
[CONSTRUCTION]
__Durasteel Spaceframe on Titanium Alloy Chassis
[MODULARITY]
__(6) Modular Underwing Pylons (3 per wing)
[POWER CORE GENERATOR / REACTOR]

__(2) Haylaxian RAMDrive Sublight Engines
__Repulsorlift Generator
__(4) Incom Corporation Fuel Cells
[HYPERDRIVE RATING]

__Class 1.0
[MINIMUM CREW]

__1 Pilot
[OPTIMAL CREW]

__MMS-0500X/MMS-0500.A1 - 1 Pilot, 1 WSO
__MMS-0510.A1/MMS-0510.A2 - 1 Pilot, 1 AstroMech Droid
[ARMAMENTS]

__MMS-0500X
  • (2) Housed Single Laser Autocannons
  • (6) Modular Weapon Pylons holding;
  • (6) Single Discord Missiles
__MMS-0500.A1/MMS-0510.A1
  • (2) Housed Single Laser Autocannons
  • (6) Modular Weapon Pylons holding;
  • (2) Anti-Infantry Rocket Pods (10 rockets ea.)
  • (2) SW-6 Single Ion Cannons
  • (2) PSIS --Pending Tech Application
__MMS-0510.A2
[HANGAR]
__Not Applicable
[NON-COMBAT ATTACHMENTS]

__All models: 60 SBD Ray Shield, Durasteel-Gold Alloy Canopy w/ HoloSynthetic Display
__500.A1 and up: +Chaff
__510.A1 AMD and up: +Flares, +Fold-Up Wings
[PASSENGER CAPACITY]

__None
[CARGO CAPACITY]

__40 kilograms
[CONSUMABLES]

__Five Standard Days
[SUBLIGHT SPEED & MANEUVERABILITY]

__110 MLGT, 155 MGLT AB/Overdrive; 4,100 G Accel; Class 2.5 Maneuverability
[DESCRIPTION]
XR-45_Inside.jpg
__
The Solace-Class Heavy Starfighter is designed by the Mnenchei Monarchy skunkworks at their military sector facility on Sikune. Though lacking in technological prowess, the Mnenchei were talented metalworkers and had an abundance of raw materials from their former homeworld of Mnencheiasus. Having direct access and regulation of these resources, the government faced few obstacles when deciding to begin the Solace project. Using systems technology outsourced from established systems companies and construction processes learned from human cultures during their exodus, the monarchy was able to produce a top tier fighter that rivaled the late-generation X-Wing in all fields.

Some of its revolutionary features in the heavy fighter class were its sleek low-profile frame, fully enclosed cockpit and advanced holo-display system which simulated a glass canopy view. After the first two eXperimental models proved to be a success, the monarchy pushed to bring them into limited production shortly after, eventually recommissioning the old two-seater 500's into AstroMech compatible 510's. The first rollout of the AstroMech series utilized underslung ion cannons for hardened air and ground targets, and matched rocket pods for dispatching large areas of infantry quickly via small incendiary warheads that could cause considerable damage to non-vehicles. The second generation Solace-class 510 also featured much more rounded out, air-based armament compared to its hybrid-role predecessors. Thanks to the modular design of the pylon system, most of the former 510's could be easily converted into 510.A2's, forgoing the need to increase next-gen production.

There are believed to be a current total of 110 MMS-0510.A2 in service, most of which are stationed on Sikune, with 35 remaining 500 models residing on Ansion as a supplementary self-defense force. Due to the extensive height of the Mnenchei and extra arm-space needed to comfortably work the controls, small modification kits that included smaller, tighter seating were produced for the 500.A1 Twin seat model to allow humans and humanoids to comfortably pilot the crafts sent to Ansion.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
@[member="Jaxton Ravos"]
That's what I was going for, considering X-Wings are 2.0 and this is only slightly larger and more robust. I must've hit 1 by accident.
As for the armaments, there is now a bit of mix-matching here and there but no more that 6 total of ion and laser cannons. The only exception obviously being the repeating blasters, since they are much smaller and thereby weaker.
The rocket pods are also a whole other ordeal; since they're not mentioned at all in the chart for small craft like this, but obviously smaller than missiles (which I am assuming are considered warheads) so this shouldn't be any kind of a problem. Especially considering rockets are unguided. Anyway, in the canon, in the games, in real life - you name it, and per projectile rockets are blatantly weaker. EDIT: If the rocket pods are iffy ground, lemme know and I'll ask an administrator.
Lastly pylons are just retainers. There isn't all of the above per pylon, they're just listed as a quantity because they're made to be modular and thus you could, for instance, have your missile rack on the outer pylons rather than the innermost. It's not a multiple of the weapons already listed.

Oh, and don't think I follow your meaning of "level?"

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
Firstly, Administrators are designed to handle issues of the board at an OOC level. IC issues, including the creation of IC tech, is handled by the RPJ's, who are each appointed by the Administrators. Administrators have no obligations to deal with any factory issues, though some do factory submissions to help the RPJ load or because they enjoy looking around at tech. If you feel my judging of your ships are incorrect then you can refuse to edit, have this submission denied, and then second chance it for another RPJ to handle. Until that happens however, I will be overseeing your submission solely.

As for the submission itself, I put a typo in my last post, what I need is a level of Production, that is Unique, Minor or Mass-Produced. As for your pylons, their is actually a section in the template dedicated to specifying the modular functions of the ship. Anyways, let me get to the armaments specifically and tell you what I need edited.

Alachei Mnemenos said:
_MMS-0500X (2) Housed Single Turbolaser Cannons (6) Modular Weapon Pylons holding; (6) Discord Missiles
Turbolasers on a starfighter is a no-no. These need to be laser cannons. Furthermore, I'm unclear as your Discord Missiles. Is this one discord missile tube with six missiles or six missile tubes? In the latter case it should be mentioned elite startfighters are allowed six laser cannons and two warhead launchers, which are not transferable, and thus should be edited down to two.

Alachei Mnemenos said:
__MMS-0500.A1/MMS-0510.A1 (2) Housed Single Turbolaser Cannons (6) Modular Weapon Pylons holding; (2) Mark 6 Rocket Pods (10 rockets ea.) (2) SW-6 Single Ion Cannons (2) Fixed Composite-Beam Guns
Again, Turbolasers must be edited down to laser Cannons and modularity should be mentioned in it's own section. Composite-Beam Lasers need to be removed, and Mark 6 Rocket Pods are not cannon tech, and would thus have to have a submission in the factory. Linking to another board's canon tech will not suffice.

Alachei Mnemenos said:
_MMS-0510.A2 (4) Repeating Blasters (6) Modular Weapon Pylons holding; (2) Short-Range Mass-Driver Missile Launchers (6 warheads ea.) (4) Laser Cannons
Modular pylons to it's own section, and I'd like some clarification on the blastes. Are they Repeating Blasters, as in handguns, or blaster cannons? If blaster cannon's it'll need to be edited down to two cannons instead of four. Additionally, I'd like the mass-drivers replaced with more conventional warheads. Mass-Drivers Missiles can be well, any 'mass', and if you're intending for it to be a modular warhead carrier that should go in the modularity section, with it specifying what kind of and how many it can carry of each warhead.

Alachei Mnemenos said:
__All models: 60 SBD Ray Shield, Durasteel-Electrum Alloy Canopy
I'd like some clarification on how effective you believe this shielding will be in comparison to a normal starfighter's shielding, and Electrum removed. Electrum is too rare a metal to be used in the canopies of ships, even in an alloyed form.

Additionally, I'll need an artist's accredit and a note of the manufacturer, whether it be made by a canon or factory approved company. @Me when the edits are made

@[member="Alachei Mnemenos"]

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Woah, relax cowboy. I was simply stating that because I have yet to see anything anywhere in the guide that pertains to rocket pods, which is unfortunate, and thus an administrator would have a clear answer to such a question. Presuming, since they're not listed, you were probably unlikely to be certain yourself. Wasn't trying to get one over on you.

No salvos/launchers. Just six straight raw warheads/missiles. I'll list them down as "Single" just to clear any future concerns.

Alright, generic unnamed ship rocket pods. Just figured giving it a name would give it an identity, since the canon rarely names things.
And instead of just telling me "you can't have such and such rawr" do you think you could perhaps, if you may please, tell me why, since they're (the composite-beam guns) legitimate weapons on ships and not behemoths like I asked for in my other thingy? Telling people no, and not telling them why, doesn't teach them why they were wrong in the first place. Especially when the claim is based on canon. Thanks in advance. (Edit: And for the LOVE of GOD do not archive this just because I asked for more info regarding this! It IS subject to change.)

As for the MD missile launchers, the pylons are modular but the weapon is standard. I'll just link the wiki for that particular model on there, that works right?

It's typical starfighter shielding, roughly equivalent to a mid gen X wing. If you don't believe me, look it up, or hit up some of the X wing pages - I recall one of them having better-than-vague details listed. Nothing special. Also switching out the Electrum as asked.

Lastly there is no "artist" and the source was already accredited directly underneath the picture.

@[member="Jaxton Ravos"] I'll make the Turbolaser edits and all that other clarification stuff now. I'll wait for your response and confirmation first on the composite beam thing because I'm really, genuinely interested in knowing why I can't have them if a, say, LAAT has them and they're legitimate laser platforms.

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
Alachei Mnemenos said:
Woah, relax cowboy. I was simply stating that because I have yet to see anything anywhere in the guide that pertains to rocket pods, which is unfortunate, and thus an administrator would have a clear answer to such a question. Presuming, since they're not listed, you were probably unlikely to be certain yourself.
I helped make the guide. Listing the capacity as "Warhead Launchers" was intended to allow users to be variable in their choices, for example a more peaceful character might want a starfighter with a loadout of ion cannons and conner nets instead of laser cannons and proton torpedos.

Alachei Mnemenos said:
Alright, generic unnamed ship rocket pods. Just figured giving it a name would give it an identity, since the canon rarely names them.
I'll need something added to the description indicating how effective they are and what capabilities they have in that case.

Alachei Mnemenos said:
And instead of just telling me "you can't have such and such rawr" do you think you could perhaps, if you may please, tell me why, since they're (the composite-beam guns) legitimate weapons on ships and not behemoths like I asked for in my other thingy? Telling people no, and not telling them why, doesn't teach them why they were wrong in the first place. Especially when the claim is based on canon. Thanks in advance.
In the interest of the balance of the board, a standard was made for ships. This standard is the board's standard, and some canon tech is better than the standards in various areas, but it if it breaks our balance it's not allowed. For example, Proton Beams, while canon tech in several games and at least one book, are not allowed on any ships. Issues with canon tech being abused in roleplay is similarly dealt with, for example there was an incident where a player acquired an Executor Class Destroyer. The thread was examined by the staff(If you're wondering, I was not on staff at the time) and eventually deemed non-canon. Thus, Composite-Beam Lasers are unallowed on anything besides Gunships and the much smaller hand-held blaster variant. Just because something is canon does not mean it's usable by the board, as we intend to create a fair roleplaying environment and not all canon tech is fair.

Alachei Mnemenos said:
As for the MD missile launchers, the pylons are modular, the weapon is standard. I'll just link the wiki for that particular one on there, that works right?
If you're referring to the M-6 Missile Launcher you have a link to the Star Wars Exodus Wiki, the wiki of another Star Wars RPing board. This is sadly not canon, and will not work.

When you've made the edits @me.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
@[member="Jaxton Ravos"] Nah, MD = Mass-Driver, not the M6 rocket pot. I linked the LAAT description there so that the mass isn't open to "creative" interpretation. They're Air-to-Air. I figure it's the same as the missiles on a MiG-31 Foxhound; fast as a crotch rocket with the maneuverability of a school bus. inb4 gunship tech is only for gunships, it's an Air-to-Air thing and like I said, it's pretty much the same as (insert generic brand) interceptor missiles. The difference being everyone can relate to the LAAT's more because pretty everyone and their grandma has actually seen it firing. Let me know if that example remains an issue and I'll think of something else.

Aside from that, I did everything you requested. The Turbos were bumped down to Laser Autocannon (a la automatic canon) and the rocket pod description was added to, well, the Description section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom